We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Quote Originally Posted by wispsong View Post
    The already put a max lvl on these items with bonusses. Imo opinion this is a terrible solution because characters who have these items on level will all of a sudden run around without this piece if they outlevel the limit. Had that happen to me.
    LMs are still using throne raid set (2 piece), hunters were using hs set for a little while (till the internal CD) (throne 4 set), captains can run with the Osgiliath 4 set bonus for Oathies Reset using 105 armor. All the 105 armor is still usable at 115, so implementing certain items isn't game breaking.... I still see hunters with the 85 item for + damage and wardens using the revered wardens earring so they can stack the +dot pulses.
    Rimenuir | Fadhroreth | Daechamnir | Rimenswords | Beornemgarth | Rimensneak | Rimenoath | Smicho | Rimentank |
    Arkenstone Server, Meneldor native.
    Rimenbuff and Rimenpew : Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by Hallandil View Post
    The Blue and Gold staff from the previous post and the two 2H Axes you listed here are already part of the new store cosmetics, but are not currently available.
    What's the source? Looking forward to seeing this go live. And it's a must-buy.

To SSG team: please make cosmetic weapons easier to find in Lotro store. I accidentally found the two items available so far, by typing "weapon" in search. But there is no separate category for cosmetic weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Aelir View Post
    To SSG team: please make cosmetic weapons easier to find in Lotro store. I accidentally found the two items available so far, by typing "weapon" in search. But there is no separate category for cosmetic weapons.
    Making the store better is something we're working on.

Quote Originally Posted by Aelir View Post
    What's the source? Looking forward to seeing this go live. And it's a must-buy.

Item Scanner.

I would LOVE to have the caged songbird for our kinhouse. The song is so cheerful! We had a former kinnie that shared hers with us, but she no longer plays the game and we have moved kin houses. We NEEDS it, Precious! That would make a wonderful VIP only type of item.

As far as VIP perks, how about things we can purchase in the store in an area only for VIPs? All of the items mentioned in this thread would be good--even if they have to be changed slightly to keep SSG out of legal hot water.

Quote Originally Posted by nathrien_estelenlaer View Post
    part two of the previous reply, with more obsolete/unused items:

captain's/champion's/guardian's great axe of the first age, level 55

captain's/champion's/guardian's great axe of the first age, level 58

captain's/champion's/guardian's great axe of the first age, level 60

dulir

uigam

the two bows here--the one in the center, narpahdon, and the one on the right, tawarnel.
    where the hell do i get theseeeeee

Things I'd really love to see return:

Baingrist obviously. This item is really potent and everyone should have a chance at obtaining it.

85 gold class-based gear items. I'd love to be able to get these again, and it'd massively encourage both A) Buying the content to be able to run old instances where currently you have no need to purchase said region. and B) More group play and more varied things to do at end-game. Win-win.

Tome of the Spirit Bear. This was part of a charity event (others mentioned steeds also given out then) and is no longer obtainable, sadly.
    https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Ite...he_Spirit_Bear

Quote Originally Posted by SSG_RedPanda View Post
    Making the store better is something we're working on.
    That's good to hear, as it's clunky right now. Also, the search functionality is horrendous and is losing you money, often-times I search for exactly the name of an item I want and cannot find it, then I search for something like "Black Ste" for Black Steel Key, and I find it right away.

When purchasing something, you're taken back to the home page, and not left at the page with other items you may wish to buy. Minor annoyance and again, inconvenience is losing you money.
    #15skills

Quote Originally Posted by Ethrildar View Post
    Things I'd really love to see return:

Tome of the Spirit Bear. This was part of a charity event (others mentioned steeds also given out then) and is no longer obtainable, sadly.
    https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Ite...he_Spirit_Bear
    They still give this out as giveaways, they do it on the lotro live streams sometimes when there are events or something going on.
    Pontin Level 115 Hobbit Burglar Kinship Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server. Staff member of the Lord of the Rings Discord Server, and Owner of Middle-Earth Lore discord.
    Alts: Legoan Elf Hunter, Belladonea Hobbit Minstrel, Unnari Dwarf Guardian, Jorunn Man Captain, Sallyberry Hobbit Warden. Laurelin Server, Edwell Man Hunter.

Here's some of my Screenshots Throughout Middle Earth. Also can follow me on Twitter for Adventures in Middle Earth and more!

Baingrist is extremely unlikely to return. Cosmetic Baingrist, maybe.

The cosmetic version is already one of the Mordor replicas, just as a heads up. Same with the Ost Dunhoth shields.

Baingrist is extremely unlikely to return.

Can you please elaborate on this? I am not even asking for a scaled 115 version of Baingrist. Just wanting the old 65 version back with the the other OD items.

Why not exactly? If people wanna wear lvl 65 items its up to you, ssg, to make better items that change peoples minds. This entire items that are no longer attainable thing just pisses me off, ssg should make gear that makes you wanna get it and set bonuses that you want not garbage like "3+ incoming dmg"from the abyss set when the osgiliath 6ix-3 mans drop something that resets othi, ssg has been lacking with these set bonus and needs to bring their A game or more of these lvl 65-85 wep are gonna be used to for those who raided at those times to gain an unfair advantage
    Last edited by Fraushgrish2; Jul 11 2018 at 12:01 PM.

----A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything----

Quote Originally Posted by Fraushgrish2 View Post
    Why not exactly? If people wanna wear lvl 65 items its up to you, ssg, to make better items that change peoples minds. This entire items that are no longer attainable thing just pisses me off, ssg should make gear that makes you wanna get it and set bonuses that you want not garbage like "3+ incoming dmg"from the abyss set when the osgiliath 6ix-3 mans drop something that resets othi, ssg has been lacking with these set bonus and needs to bring their A game or more of these lvl 65-85 wep are gonna be used to for those who raided at those times to gain an unfair advantage
    Because the active would be completely broken? Look at hunter devastates these days, do you want those to happen more often?
    If you wanna blame anyone for bad gear bonuses, blame Vastin, he was making them. Not the others.

I actually got 2 of those Tome of the Spirit Bear items during the Anniversary giveaway couple of months ago. I wasn't able to attend the giveaway on my main server with my main character, so I participated the giveaway on Crickhollow and got the Spirit Bears on a low level trash toon, hoping that the Tome would be bound to acc and I could send it over to my main server afterwards. But its bound to char, thanks for that SSG. Very well thought out as always.

As for the Baingrist, I already stopped renewing my sub 2 months ago and not planning to renew it unless SSG does something to fix the situation (Either bring the item back, or implement minimum level restriction for jeweleries and off-hands). And no, I don't care about the cosmetic appearance of the item.

Its not even entirely about the item, I'll do just fine without the +5% devastate chance. Its about SSG showing no signs of awareness on their end-game situation, whats balanced/fair and whats not.
    Mini-LM-Hunter-RK-Captain-Beorning @ 115

Quote Originally Posted by Decrepify View Post
    Because the active would be completely broken? Look at hunter devastates these days, do you want those to happen more often?

So you make the item barred by level exactly like orthanc and erebor sets. For example, you acquire baingrist at level 65, you can only wear this item only until level 75 and it becomes Unequippable at level 76. That pretty much solves your huge worry to hunters being overpowered at level cap along with people who still want to obtain the legitimate item.

Honestly, I cant wrap my head around the fact that one of the games most iconic items is no longer attainable. And now we have someone at SSG who just made the statement that it is extremely unlikely to return without giving a reason.

For me the only items i was ever interested in since i started playing lotro are the "Rise Of Isengard" - preorder-cosmetics (of Eorlingas/Helmingas/Westfold). I would pay an insane amount of store-points for obtaining these, but since Cordovan already stated that pre-order items are impossible to rerelease i'm really sad. But maybe in another colour? I know lots of people who paused the game after Moria and started with Rohan/Gondor again, who would love to see these amazing cosmetics in the store (hooded cloak-versions are there already for anyone interested).

So after all, dear Cordovan, RedPanda or any other SSG-Teammate, please, think about it - because for a brief moment i have hope again.

Quote Originally Posted by luckygirl1 View Post
    So you make the item barred by level exactly like orthanc and erebor sets. For example, you acquire baingrist at level 65, you can only wear this item only until level 75 and it becomes Unequippable at level 76. That pretty much solves your huge worry to hunters being overpowered at level cap along with people who still want to obtain the legitimate item.

Honestly, I cant wrap my head around the fact that one of the games most iconic items is no longer attainable. And now we have someone at SSG who just made the statement that it is extremely unlikely to return without giving a reason.
    AFAIK, the ten level restrictions only apply to armour. Offhands and jewelry can still be equipped and used, regardless of level. If they would apply the ten level rule across the board, like they do for armour, then they wouldn't have any issues with reinstating the level 65 Baingrist, so that level 65-75 players could use it.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    AFAIK, the ten level restrictions only apply to armour. Offhands and jewelry can still be equipped and used, regardless of level. If they would apply the ten level rule across the board, like they do for armour, then they wouldn't have any issues with reinstating the level 65 Baingrist, so that level 65-75 players could use it.
    But then, they might as well not add it again, because no-one would care if it could not be used at max level for an insane damage boost.

But i do agree, that all these items (Baingrist, lvl 85 golden items, ..) need to be given a max level so their abuse of the lucky few that have them stops.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    Meanwhile, there are pocket items with a max level. Not sure if they are considered as jewelry, but I always assumed that they were since they are sitting with the other jewelry pieces in the character page.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorondir View Post
    But then, they might as well not add it again, because no-one would care if it could not be used at max level for an insane damage boost.

But i do agree, that all these items (Baingrist, lvl 85 golden items, ..) need to be given a max level so their abuse of the lucky few that have them stops.
    This. @SSG_RedPanda

These bonuses should either be brought back, or given a max level to them that makes them unusable at endgame. Baingrist has been an amazing clicky for about 6 years now. Baingrist, Level 85 Gold Items, Old Pelennor Raid set bonuses, and Old Osgilliath setbonuses have created a situation of 'haves' and 'have-nots'.

An equivalently played Hunter with the correct 85 Gold Items, and Baingrist will always have an advantage over someone without. That's kind of depressing for the people whom get enjoyment out of min-maxxing their classes.

Same thing is the case with Captains -- as a general rule equivalently played Captains with Oathbreaker's reset (Osgilliath Charge) are more valuable than a Red Captain without.

Warden level 85 gold earring retains their ability to have +DoT pulses and the bonus to Marked Target.

Etc.

You guys made a good move with the level cap on old armour sets as far as eliminating some old 'broken' set bonuses. Eliminating items from the game that were once acquirable and allowing them to retain the impact that they currently have creates a situation of 'haves' and 'have-nots'. Pretty demotivating for anyone rolling a new character and/or min-maxxing.

There's a good opportunity with U23 Level 120 Cap (much like Level 115 was) for you to take another step towards eliminating the ability for people to have broken items and set bonuses that are unattainable.

P.S. I say this as someone who's lucky enough to have Baingrist on multiple characters, as well as LM See All Ends Pelennor set, Captain Oathbreaker's Reset, RK Mending Verse Osgilliath set, etc, etc.
    Last edited by canyouaddcolour; Jul 12 2018 at 04:35 PM.

Looks like we have some good news on jewelleries and off-hands getting a maximum level restriction, thanks for the good work SSG
    Mini-LM-Hunter-RK-Captain-Beorning @ 115

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5