We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bigger Wardrobe

Bigger Wardrobe

Since you guys have been adding more and more Cosmetics and Armor looks (*hugs & Kisses*), it is time to add more space to our Wardrobes, like lots of more space.
    Of course these will be sold in the $tore just like the upgrades to the present paltry 310 spaces we currently are limited to.

While we are at it, might as well add a few more purchases for the other bags/vaults, as well.
    I need not remind anyone that bag/vault/wardrobe space is the biggest single category of $tore purchases.
    Making Brides Princesses Again!

I cannot agree more, especially with cosmetic weapons.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

./signed

Like you do not even want to know how many storage kins I have on account of my wardrobe and shared storage being maxed out!

Quote Originally Posted by Mirillin View Post
    ./signed

Like you do not even want to know how many storage kins I have on account of my wardrobe and shared storage being maxed out!
    Heh, yes. I have four storage mules already, and I really do not want to make another. But it may happen anyway.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone

See my problem? I need a bigger wardrobe! It would make real money right now and fast!

Quote Originally Posted by Milii View Post
    See my problem? I need a bigger wardrobe! It would make real money right now and fast!

Not to derail the thread but is that a plugin on the right? If it is which one is it? If not how do I organise my items like that?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Aurna View Post
    Not to derail the thread but is that a plugin on the right? If it is which one is it? If not how do I organise my items like that?

Thanks!
    I use Sort Pack (which has a separate fix that needs to be installed to work right) but I here Alt Inventory does about the same thing. I also use Bevy Bar and Titan Bar.

Anyway, when do I get more Wardrobe Space so I can use up my dyes? I am ready and waiting.

Please....please, please please! PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASE!!! *throws money at SSG*

Can we just make the wardrobe inventory work exactly like the account inventory? Meaning that it is separate from all other inventories and you do not need to keep the items in other places if you don't want to get rid of them? Make it so that only clothes and weapons can go into it. This would free up a TON of space in our personal and account storage areas. I would actually start buying wardrobe space then.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarpPro View Post
    Can we just make the wardrobe inventory work exactly like the account inventory? Meaning that it is separate from all other inventories and you do not need to keep the items in other places if you don't want to get rid of them? Make it so that only clothes and weapons can go into it. This would free up a TON of space in our personal and account storage areas. I would actually start buying wardrobe space then.
    Um maybe Im misunderstanding you but...that IS how wardrobe already works...

Once you put clothing item in, you dont need to keep the item
    It saves all dye options
    Weapons go in too - nothing else
    Makes all armour and weapons in there account-wide useable.
    Its already separate.

...Am I missing something here?

Quote Originally Posted by Oddessia View Post
    Um maybe Im misunderstanding you but...that IS how wardrobe already works...

Once you put clothing item in, you dont need to keep the item
    It saves all dye options
    Weapons go in too - nothing else
    Makes all armour and weapons in there account-wide useable.
    Its already separate.

...Am I missing something here?
    Wardrobe is a display only, it's not storage. if you throw away the item after adding it to your wardrobe, then it's physically gone. If you later drop it from wardrobe, then it's lost. I don't know about you, but I have enough cosmetics to fill my wardrobe at least three times, and I often swap and change what's in there, depending on my mood. to do that, I have to hang onto all the items.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

Then the best approach would be to do what other game studios have done. Once you acquire a look it goes into wardrobe permanently, that way the look is always accessible, you wouldn't need all the extra space to hold onto the "physical" item.

I assume that this has not been done yet because that would eliminate buying more slots, unless you bought slots in the wardrobe that would open up more looks you have collected.

Quote Originally Posted by Madmanthief View Post
    Then the best approach would be to do what other game studios have done. Once you acquire a look it goes into wardrobe permanently, that way the look is always accessible, you wouldn't need all the extra space to hold onto the "physical" item.

I assume that this has not been done yet because that would eliminate buying more slots, unless you bought slots in the wardrobe that would open up more looks you have collected.
    The item does go in there, and stay in there indefinitely, but you can remove it. When you do, if you have thrown away the actual item, then it's lost. When you have over 1000 cosmetic items and only 300 wardrobe slots, it takes a lot of juggling. I go for months with the same wardrobe items on times, but then, I decide to change it all, and then I remove a lot of it and replace it with other items - but the items I remove are safely stored for when I wish to recycle them through my wardrobe.

I love your bag set up.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    Wardrobe is a display only, it's not storage. if you throw away the item after adding it to your wardrobe, then it's physically gone. If you later drop it from wardrobe, then it's lost. I don't know about you, but I have enough cosmetics to fill my wardrobe at least three times, and I often swap and change what's in there, depending on my mood. to do that, I have to hang onto all the items.
    Oohhh I understand. So they are wanting an ACTUAL physical storage option. That would be nice, yes...however I do see that maybe being a problem with how much the techy side can handle? I know very little about that, but currently I use my wardrobe for cool armours from quests that are bound to toon - so that I can access them account wide. Then I use my shared storage for all non-bound cosmetics like festival ones etc. Alas it doesn't store the dye colours I've applied but *shrug* better than throwing them away cause I am way over my 310 slots :P

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    The item does go in there, and stay in there indefinitely, but you can remove it. When you do, if you have thrown away the actual item, then it's lost. When you have over 1000 cosmetic items and only 300 wardrobe slots, it takes a lot of juggling. I go for months with the same wardrobe items on times, but then, I decide to change it all, and then I remove a lot of it and replace it with other items - but the items I remove are safely stored for when I wish to recycle them through my wardrobe.
    And this is why we need to buy up to 9,999 wardrobe slots. Heck, I have a ton of weapons spread across a dozen toons just for cosmetics and have very few in weapons or even shields in the wardrobes. I have less than a dozen shoes, too, which is unforgivable, and shoulders are sparse. I have a few hats but helms are sparser than shoulders.

Considering that it takes 5-7 items for a complete outfit this means that 310 slot is only 44-62 full outfits. Add three weapons (like most Hunters have) and that is 31 outfits. A half dozen unique Festivals a year with on average three complete outfits (6pc.) with two cloaks and two bodies (8pc total) is 144 or nearly half the max wardrobe storage. I have only bought two mounts from the $tore but I have bought several outfit sets, dresses and cloaks.

So, Leg Break Games, listen up: You sell us more wardrobe slots and we will buy more cosmetic outfits to fill them.

And finally to Nymphonic, no you cannot have my dyes ~

As usual Arnenna, you are missing my point.

If it wasn't a matter of money coming in for SSG, the approach to cosmetics as done by say Trion or Zenimax or a bunch of other game studios where you acquire a item through a chest, drop or whatever that item look is permanently added to your account, so that all your characters can access them without going to the vault keeper, and without the need to hold on to an item that is taking up space that could be used for other items.

As usual Arnenna, you are missing my point.

If it wasn't a matter of money coming in for SSG, the approach to cosmetics as done by say Trion or Zenimax or a bunch of other game studios where you acquire a item through a chest, drop or whatever that item look is permanently added to your account, so that all your characters can access them without going to the vault keeper, and without the need to hold on to an item that is taking up space that could be used for other items.
    And as usual Madmanthief, you think someone is missing your point, when they're not. While your suggestion is really great, and I'd love to see it in LOTRO, I don't see this game following the route of other games while they sell wardrobe slots which make them revenue. It would be fantastic to permanently obtain the appearance of every item we ever drop in game, indefinitely, for use whenever we want it, but I don't think that will ever be a reality in a game that has relied on the sale of wardrobe space, not to mention inventory and vault space, for so long. So, I'm sticking to the topic, which is to increase the wardrobe allocation.

/signed

I really need more space in my wardrobe

If it wasn't a matter of money coming in for SSG...
    The rest is useless. Because to quote the OP (ME! *flip*):

I need not remind anyone that bag/vault/wardrobe space is the biggest single category of $tore purchases.
    Looks like someone missed the point, which is to make SSG money while making me and others happy.
    Last edited by Milii; May 19 2018 at 04:00 PM.

make my vote count too!

Yes please, more wardrobe slots!

I understand the point just fine Milii, I was just adding my opinion as what I think would be a better approach.

Singned, and forging about 1000 more signatures.
    But doesn't more storage affect performance in some way, longer load times or something? Maybe there's a technical reason they won't add more.
    Goreamir - 115 Captain | Celebourne - 95 Champion | Jinwe - 91 Hunter | Humblefoot - 77 Minstrel | Dorfus - 77 Guardian | Creonath - 58 Warden | Whippit - 40 Burglar | Stormcraban - 38 Loremaster | Thangadir - 37 Runekeeper | Jonly - 32 Beornng | Zongrul - 41 Bank

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrawn View Post
    Singned, and forging about 1000 more signatures.
    But doesn't more storage affect performance in some way, longer load times or something? Maybe there's a technical reason they won't add more.
    Character vault, shared vault, and wardrobe data don't get loaded at character login but rather at the point where you hit a vaultkeeper and open them. I'm sure you've noticed the delay when you first open either vault and also that the wardrobe opens much faster even when equally full. There's a lot more data for each vault item. A wardrobe cosmetic is a comparatively compact record. The dye colors are likely just an array of bits and there's none of the status info like bound to who/what, store item, item damage, stack size, etc. (The item data like stats and appearance comes from static dat file(s) on your PC.)

Once you open these, then the data is retained in memory on your computer so that the next open is much faster. The data might also be retained on the landblock where your character is currently located. (This might be done for crosscheck purposes to prevent item duping by modifying client memory and causing a server update from that.)

Changing the wardrobe to make it larger will not add much to the memory load on your PC nor will it significantly impact the database, especially since the wardrobe contents are changed far less often than either vault. Thus adding space is simply the programming to increase the max number of slots to a higher multiple of 5. This is probably a single variable, since we've seen cases of overloaded wardrobes after a character transfer (e.g. 120 out of 100 slots used).

The main impact on performance would be from any data retained in memory on the server. When you move from one landblock (server side process that keeps track of what's going on) to another, all your character data must be handed over from your current landblock to the one you're moving into. SSG could eliminate the overhead of wardrobe data by discarding it when you change landblocks (and tell the client to discard it). The initial wardrobe load time is fast enough, and wardrobe access is infrequent enough, that I think most players would not even notice the additional delay at every wardrobe opening.

In conclusion, little impact and feasible to eliminate it and possibly shave a fraction of a percent off the landblock handoff overhead.

Hmmm. Winded-wise, that was long.
    The Lag is so bad I saw Sara Oakheart outrun someone - kickman77

Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Belegthelion, Ingoror, Gloringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast