We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

returning player... which toon to pick back up?

Good afternoon all!

I've been playing LoTRO on and off since 2008. A few friends recently fired it back up so I figured I'd join in on the adventure.

Currently, I have a 53 dwarf champion, a 50 human burglar, and 37 hobbit minstrel. (many lower level alts, but these are the three up for debate)

I don't really have time to play alts any more, so I really need to choose one to move forward. Assuming most of my playtime will be solo-questing through the books, any suggestions on which class to pick?

My problem is, each have some great pluses. My champion, there's something about a dwarf dual-wielding two axes running in to the fray! The burg... I enjoy the 'stealth' mechanics of it, and the mini... well, in any MMO I play, I've always loved to heal. The biggest issue with the mini, I'm not sure how much grouping I'm actually going to be doing to make it worth while to take the DPS hit of rolling a 'primary healer' class. (altho the mini does seem to have some nice offensive capabilities when geared)

Any big minuses for these classes that might sway my decision? I appreciate any feedback!

You mentioned having "time" issues.

In that case, the Burg may be a good choice.

As a Burg you can sneak by many unneeded fights and save time that way.

Have Fun!
    ...................... missed a putt...............At a Dead & Co. show on a Mexican beach
    The real Boraxxe... wearing his "Get off my lawn!" face and his "I smoked my lawn" face.
    If it's not dangerous, it's not fun!
    Golfing Hobby yes....Golfing Hobby yes

Quote Originally Posted by Boraxxe View Post
    You mentioned having "time" issues.

In that case, the Burg may be a good choice.

As a Burg you can sneak by many unneeded fights and save time that way.

Have Fun!
    Agreed.

Burg will save you time

Minis solo well.

Healers are always needed for groups.
    Ujest - 120 Lore-master, Opun Tia - 95 Warden, Veneur - 75 Hunter, Cneasai - 61 Minstrel, plus alts and mules
    Officer, Pipeweed and Ale, Arkenstone (formerly Friends of Frodo, Vilya)

Thanks for the replies, guys!

All 3 you mentioned are quite impressively overpowered for landscape and so I would go with what you enjoy playing.
    Maybe tailor it to what your friends don't have?
    WHY DO PEOPLE WHO KNOW THE LEAST, KNOW IT THE LOUDEST?

The only real minus to the champion is it isn't sought after for a lot of endgame instances due to mechanics being melee unfriendly. You'll get into groups constantly as a mini and as a yellow burg.

I enjoy champion and burg a lot though, and haven't really gotten into the mini.... but based off what you said, I'd try either burg or champion

Quote Originally Posted by Welney View Post
    The only real minus to the champion is it isn't sought after for a lot of endgame instances due to mechanics being melee unfriendly.
    Thanks for all the replies... I did play my mini for a few days, and as fun as it was, I think I'm a axe swinging dwarf at heart... and ended up going back to my champ. I'm not really too concerned with end game because it'll probably take me years to get there, and by that time, who knows where the game will be sitting. He was already in Moria, which I found to be pretty amazing. (I never realized how big it was!)

Now the next thing I have to do is figure out the builds. I had a redline and a yellow line set up from a few patches ago that seem pretty solid, but counter to what people have been saying, I still find my redline build to be faster/more efficient at level 54. (most people said to switch in late 40's, definitely by 50's to the yellow line)

It's going to be an adventure! Thanks again, and hope to see some of you in Middle Earth!