We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Cedrozzi View Post
    I hear ya, just aggravated as the game used to be far better than it is
    The ironic thing is, it's very possible that what you think of as a golden age, in that the time period you personally reflect on as good, would be full of threads decrying the the destruction and ruination of pvp in that exact period.
    Phrasing! Doesn't anybody do phrasing anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Snowlock View Post
    The ironic thing is, it's very possible that what you think of as a golden age, in that the time period you personally reflect on as good, would be full of threads decrying the the destruction and ruination of pvp in that exact period.
    I resist my temptation to leave this unanswered to make my point. In those 'golden days', forum discussion was heated about things like Warg sprint cooldown, if yellow captain is OP, things like that. It was heated by people discussing about the RvR they just finished before heading to bed. And it was heated with all sorts of balance issues. Last three years the discussion has been not that much about the individual classes - except maybe Hunter & Burg after the summer - but cries about general balance, and more, cries about making creeps on par with freeps.

You know what? If you look this entire Monster Play section with its subsections, the discussion about things has gone. During the last month, there has been updates to only ten threads. What do you think, does it tell anything to you?

Maybe the cries for PvMP balance were justified after all?
    Last edited by TamX; May 08 2018 at 12:47 PM.
    Laurelin freeps: Tamien (R8 Warden) - Tanie (R9 Champion) - Tamieth (Hunter) - Tamia (Minstrel) - Challenger of Gothmog
    Laurelin extras: Tamyah (Baby Captain) - Netta (Baby Lore-master) - Yasmint (Cook)
    Laurelin creeps: Tamratz (R9 Warg) - Tambash (R8 Blackarrow)

Quote Originally Posted by TamX View Post
    I resist my temptation to leave this unanswered to make my point. In those 'golden days', forum discussion was heated about things like Warg sprint cooldown, if yellow captain is OP, things like that. It was heated by people discussing about the RvR they just finished before heading to bed. And it was heated with all sorts of balance issues. Last three years the discussion has been not that much about the individual classes - except maybe Hunter & Burg after the summer - but cries about general balance, and more, cries about making creeps on par with freeps.

You know what? If you look this entire Monster Play section with its subsections, the discussion about things has gone. During the last month, there has been updates to only ten threads. What do you think, does it tell anything to you?

Maybe the cries for PvMP balance were justified after all?
    I think the emptiness of all of the pvp forums is telling, including the server ones. Maybe they shouldn't have banned everyone. But anyway, I'm simply saying that TSSG has been hearing that PVP is the worst its ever been since the Book 9.

Maybe they shouldn't have banned everyone.
    When they have done that?!?

But anyway, I'm simply saying that TSSG has been hearing that PVP is the worst its ever been since the Book 9.
    Yeah...

I understand to some extent that PvP in general is 'catering a small player base' (except in MOBA like all-PvP games), just like making raids or other challenging end game content. But when I last time talked more seriously about this subject, I challenged the people claiming 'only 1% of players do PvMP / raids' that how much coins have the PvMPers & raiders brought in on average, compared to vast amounts of casuals? I, personally, remainded sub for long time just to be able to play PvMP any time I like. I also purchased content that had challenging content to run those. Yet vast majority of players in numbers I bet are and have been F2P, and this guess only approximated from the amount of players in the guilds I have been doing the TP grinding.

But like I said, I'm not currently playing, and I can't know the situation right now. I would still hope they make something to the game part of the game (like class & instance & PvMP balance runs making it again satisfying to play the content). That is why I am lurking here, I am waiting for news to encourage me to give lotro another try, just for sake of the moments I have had in the game. But the truth - of course - is that I am putting more and more effort to games I am playing right now, and the treshold to come back is getting higher and higher all the time.
    Laurelin freeps: Tamien (R8 Warden) - Tanie (R9 Champion) - Tamieth (Hunter) - Tamia (Minstrel) - Challenger of Gothmog
    Laurelin extras: Tamyah (Baby Captain) - Netta (Baby Lore-master) - Yasmint (Cook)

Slowly but surely it eats the motivation to try to reach anything, at least for me. It eated my motivations to buy any new content, because no matter what it is, its rewards will be obsoleted soon after you were even able to grind them. And without new content, you are not able to do anything: all the old gears, old instances, old landscape maps, they are obsoleted and the only possibly rewarding action happens in a small corner of the game, in the content just released. Everything else is empty and meaningless.
    Thats how mmorpgs work so I dont see the argument. You get new lvel cap, quest, get quest gear, upgrade that gear, upgrade that gear to instance/raid gear, get new update and update again, new expansion. Every expansion follows that more or less. That is the best part of the game, run the content to constantly upgrade gear. Sure new content is always needed and fun but thats how mmorpg gear cycle goes.

But like I said, I'm not currently playing, and I can't know the situation right now.
    Don't know when you quit, but it probably hasn't changed much. Bad lag in numbers. Lots of old pvp'ers gone. Ok balance against the poorer geared and scaled freeps. Disparity against the well geared freeps. Broken map still encourages zerging or not playing it at all - keeps still worthless and randomly flipping, OP's still soloable and constantly flipping, still no reason to quest as a creep if you've got enough LP, still no reason for freeps to look for questers. Osgilliath remains a joke.

But fights still happen and they work largely the same as they always have so you can still get good fights. It's just too bad that there's so much in the way of it to prevent them from happening often or in enough variety to keep them interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by siipperi View Post
    Thats how mmorpgs work so I dont see the argument. You get new lvel cap, quest, get quest gear, upgrade that gear, upgrade that gear to instance/raid gear, get new update and update again, new expansion.
    No it is not.

Quote Originally Posted by siipperi View Post
    Sure new content is always needed and fun but thats how mmorpg gear cycle goes.
    Yes, usually new content is made somehow luring, but really, it does not mean that in all games it will obsolete everything made in the past. Maybe lotro does that, maybe WoW does that, but why dont you try games that does not do that, and see how it works.

Don't know when you quit, but it probably hasn't changed much.
    Last summer. Last spring I was still - well - happily running Throne raids for gears, and it was the only activity at that time since PvMP was so unsatisfying. Then they introduced those new flower pieces prior Mordor which obsoleted close everything I got from raids (only the class item remained useful), and I can say that I was more than unhappy. On my Linux machine, Lotro store stopped working at those times. I went googling for a solution, and people said that if you install Wine for GW, it will make it work again. OK... That piece of software started to install GW, and it took 2 secs of thinking if I let it complete, or if I cancel it. I decided to give it a try if it happens to install a working copy. Note, that GW2 does not need any special Wine build to run on Linux anymore.

I dont currently have lotro client on my disk anymore, because after one of the updates it didnt want to start again. I never got lotro store working again on my machine, if you wonder that.

Bad lag in numbers. Lots of old pvp'ers gone. Ok balance against the poorer geared and scaled freeps. Disparity against the well geared freeps. Broken map still encourages zerging or not playing it at all - keeps still worthless and randomly flipping, OP's still soloable and constantly flipping, still no reason to quest as a creep if you've got enough LP, still no reason for freeps to look for questers. Osgilliath remains a joke.
    Yeah... Waiting to bit better news.

As a big picture, what I am waiting for is sort of class & content & reward balance so that you have incentive to run T2C instances, and to make it worth to have competitive playing in moors against other players.

But fights still happen and they work largely the same as they always have so you can still get good fights. It's just too bad that there's so much in the way of it to prevent them from happening often or in enough variety to keep them interesting.
    From PvP side I'd basically hope back the - unintentional - situation bit after HD release: at that point, creeps had double audacity and freeps had none, which made moors very challenging end game content for freeps. It was one of my best times when playing at both sides: both my freeps and creeps got challenging fights. Remind you, that except my champ & warg initial ranks (my first PvMP toons), all of those have come from soloing and small groups activity.

Or maybe in the end I'd like to have even more balanced sides. I was once thinking a system that your toon would have 'shadow image', you would play PvMP at monster side with exactly the same skills and gears, just different outlook and side. But anyways, I have said more than enough during the years, all of those are right here on the forums. I'm just waiting something to give me a reason to start again.

Last summer. Last spring I was still - well - happily running Throne raids for gears, and it was the only activity at that time since PvMP was so unsatisfying. Then they introduced those new flower pieces prior Mordor which obsoleted close everything I got from raids (only the class item remained useful), and I can say that I was more than unhappy. On my Linux machine, Lotro store stopped working at those times. I went googling for a solution, and people said that if you install Wine for GW, it will make it work again. OK... That piece of software started to install GW, and it took 2 secs of thinking if I let it complete, or if I cancel it. I decided to give it a try if it happens to install a working copy. Note, that GW2 does not need any special Wine build to run on Linux anymore.

I dont currently have lotro client on my disk anymore, because after one of the updates it didnt want to start again. I never got lotro store working again on my machine, if you wonder that.

Yeah... Waiting to bit better news.

As a big picture, what I am waiting for is sort of class & content & reward balance so that you have incentive to run T2C instances, and to make it worth to have competitive playing in moors against other players.

From PvP side I'd basically hope back the - unintentional - situation bit after HD release: at that point, creeps had double audacity and freeps had none, which made moors very challenging end game content for freeps. It was one of my best times when playing at both sides: both my freeps and creeps got challenging fights. Remind you, that except my champ & warg initial ranks (my first PvMP toons), all of those have come from soloing and small groups activity.

Or maybe in the end I'd like to have even more balanced sides. I was once thinking a system that your toon would have 'shadow image', you would play PvMP at monster side with exactly the same skills and gears, just different outlook and side. But anyways, I have said more than enough during the years, all of those are right here on the forums. I'm just waiting something to give me a reason to start again.
    I've never really heard anyone wistful for HD before.

As it sits today, the moors needs a full on reboot, end of story. It's not about making pvp'ers happy, because they won't be. It's not about growing pvp because SSG don't want to. It's just about about doing the right thing for the players, even if they're a small minority.

SSG needs to hire a PVP producer, and they know who that is. They need to hire the pvp dev, and they know who that is too. Then get to work, make it work like it used to work, and don't change it for us players ever again.

As it sits today, the moors needs a full on reboot, end of story. It's not about making pvp'ers happy, because they won't be. It's not about growing pvp because SSG don't want to. It's just about about doing the right thing for the players, even if they're a small minority.

SSG needs to hire a PVP producer, and they know who that is. They need to hire the pvp dev, and they know who that is too. Then get to work, make it work like it used to work, and don't change it for us players ever again.
    I don't think that's true at all. Most people (myself included) would be more than happy at this point if they didn't have to worry about dying within 3 seconds of engaging combat when playing a creep. That is to say, if the damage of tactical classes/hunters/burgs was reduced significantly, and the damage of champions slightly, I think a lot of people who are still left would be more than happy with that.

Subsequently, further concerns would of course be raised, because this is an MMO, and on top of that, one that doesn't even have mirrored factions, so there will always be issues popping up. You can never create a perfect environment for everyone. However, everyone recognises that the current level of freep DPS is the core issue of PvMP. Do some creep classes need adjustments? Yeah, certainly. Reavers have been neglected for years now, after their Impale got nerfed. However, I'm sure that reavers would be perfectly happy with freep DPS being reduced, for starters.

Quote Originally Posted by Giliodor View Post
    I don't think that's true at all.
    You disagree with me? no way.

I've never really heard anyone wistful for HD before.
    It was only that brief moment where my creeps were wastly overpowered to my freeps, and I liked it Then that auda bug was fixed and the rest is lotro PvMP history

I always found pvp in lotro a little incestuous anyway, a bit like swtor's, the pop's are too small.

Quote Originally Posted by DrRabbitfoot View Post
    Team Milt
    Milt the LM from Nimrodel? Been a long time since ive seen that name, think its one of the only ones that stick in my mind, other than a guy called Windfail or Windfeather or something? heh. Oh.. and Meatman lol, cant forget that guy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2