We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Kinship - keep or disband

I am currently the Leader of a Kin called The Silverhawk Clan because it appears everyone that was in the kin left the game. What happens if I just disband this kin beside loosing the kin house? I need to be part of a kin that will help me grow in this game. I recently had cancer and missed 2 years of play. I have gotten where I am now since level 75 by myself. I am a Hunter lvl 115 and Westement Master of the Guild Woodworker I sure could use a new Kin and some advice. My in game name id Dudae. Thanks

I think this is maybe in the wrong section. You may be better off posting it in the forum for the server you are on.

As far as I know, if you disband the Kinship all that will happen is, as you say, you will lose the kin house and any items in it that are bound to other players.

As above poster has said, you will lose the kinhouse & all the furniture, decorations, etc. that are bound to other players. If it was mine, & I wanted to keep the kinhouse & all the decorations, etc I would make a new character & make them leader of the kinship. That way you could keep everything, & still have your main character join a new kinship to help your current main character to advance. Just a thought. That is exactly what I did when a good friend left, & I took over his kinship. I did not want to forget them, & also if they came back to play, his characters would still be there in the group.

help

I cannot seem to be able to add one of my other characters. When I try to add, it says I cannot do that to that character. Any suggestions?

I don't think (could be wrong) that there's a way to add a character on the same account to your kin. Character 1 on account A can't invite character 2 on account A. You either need someone else in the kin to do it or for character 2 to be on a separate account.

You could always just not disband the kinship. You could leave and it will pass leadership option to the next person who logs in. The kinship will just remain in a state of purgatory during this time as I'm sure it has been for a while. Thus, you won't be responsible for the death of the kinship in case another player rejoins. I was recently placed into this situation with a long time former Elendilmir kinship of some note, and I just decided to forfeit leadership and leave the kinship without disbanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Altair6 View Post
    I don't think (could be wrong) that there's a way to add a character on the same account to your kin. Character 1 on account A can't invite character 2 on account A. You either need someone else in the kin to do it or for character 2 to be on a separate account.
    Which means you need to recruit a friendly face to join your Kin, rank them just enough to invite your mule, get the Mule joined up, thank them, and remove them from the Kin afterwards. We see similar antics on Champions Online frequently enough.

Which reminds me, what are the time/level requirements for a FTP account to join a Kin? Everyone I know ended up with one as a side effect of getting the Moria boxed set for Christmas (thanks Miuramir!) a few years back. Bloody Turbine systems had issues with applying it to the main account, resulting in a dozen customer support tickets.
    Immigrant from the City of Paragon. We are heroes. This is what we do.

Founding member of Mornost Gwend of Gladden. "We shout a lot!"

Quote Originally Posted by Seschat View Post
    Which reminds me, what are the time/level requirements for a FTP account to join a Kin?
    Just have to be out of the intro to join a Kin, as far as I know. Same for all characters regardless of account type.

Quote Originally Posted by SNEEKYPETE1972 View Post
    I am currently the Leader of a Kin called The Silverhawk Clan because it appears everyone that was in the kin left the game. What happens if I just disband this kin beside loosing the kin house? I need to be part of a kin that will help me grow in this game. I recently had cancer and missed 2 years of play. I have gotten where I am now since level 75 by myself. I am a Hunter lvl 115 and Westement Master of the Guild Woodworker I sure could use a new Kin and some advice. My in game name id Dudae. Thanks
    If you're worried about all the other players who are currently inactive, then this is what I would suggest. Pass the kin leadership on to another player you control (either on your account or open a free account). Then leave the kinship and join an active kinship that is welcoming. Change the daily message to announce that the kinship has gone inactive, but anyone who returns is welcome to join you in the new kinship. Then make sure to log in to the character that is the kin leader enough to keep the kinship from dissolving.

Another option would be to pass the kinship onto someone who wants a level 10 kinship without having to wait for all the benefits.

OP I have a similar situation as you. I was also away from the game with Cancer. When I came back late last year the kin I was in was all but abandoned. The usurp button was available and I used it to make myself leader. Most of the members had not logged in for a period of 1 thousand days. I had a friend join the kin long enough to invite my storage mule. Then I made the storage mule leader. Then I left the kin to join another. Then I made the kin message telling any members that came back to message one of several of my characters. Hopefully one day enough will return and the kin will flourish again. If not nothing is really lost. I just hated to think the kin would be lost and deleted in the game with no returning players. I hope like others one day your kin will regain its glory.