We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Question How to get inside Carn Dum? (Vol.1 Book 12 chap 5)

Hello hello!
    I'm a lvl 54 minstrel, trying to do the epic quest ibside Carn Dum. I think it was chapter 4 that sends you there and on the 5th you have to kill a couple of stuff...
    Anyway, I forgot to save the milestone there (if there's any?) and now I can't seem to find a way to get back up there.
    All the trolls and stuff on the way are too tough for me alone, but it still says it's for lvl 50.
    I got the gem for inspiration, but I don't know where to use it...
    Anyone can please tell me the way to finish that book, pretty please?? Which path to follow on the map to reach Carn Dum.

(I already got the legendary items, just so you know)

Quote Originally Posted by Luna_90 View Post
    Hello hello!
    I'm a lvl 54 minstrel, trying to do the epic quest ibside Carn Dum. I think it was chapter 4 that sends you there and on the 5th you have to kill a couple of stuff...
    Anyway, I forgot to save the milestone there (if there's any?) and now I can't seem to find a way to get back up there.
    All the trolls and stuff on the way are too tough for me alone, but it still says it's for lvl 50.
    Anyone can please tell me the way to finish that book, pretty please?? Which path to follow on the map to reach Carn Dum.

(I already got the legendary items, just so you know)
    Other than what you have already done, you cannot get in solo at anywhere near L50, you need a fellowship, the gate to get in is heavily guarded (Trolls and Nazgul); at L70-80 it is doable solo. Alternatively find someone to port you in; but the later parts really need a fellowship.

Quote Originally Posted by Luna_90 View Post
    )
    I haven't done CD in a long time, but I think the inspiration gem works inside CD, not on the way there. . Too many years, not sure if I'm right or not.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check