We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Amusing random drop

So I was off with friends in one of the old Angmar skirmishes, when this dropped:

This is, in the opinion of everyone on the run, the absolutely most basic "club" we've seen in the game. I feel I should play fetch with the wargs of Moria with it.

What boggled my Kin-mates is the fact that the silly thing causes bleed damage. It's as blunt as weapons come!
    Immigrant from the City of Paragon. We are heroes. This is what we do.

Founding member of Mornost Gwend of Gladden. "We shout a lot!"

Quote Originally Posted by Seschat View Post
    What boggled my Kin-mates is the fact that the silly thing causes bleed damage. It's as blunt as weapons come!
    Must be internal bleeding. Ruptured spleen, maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Altair6 View Post
    Must be internal bleeding. Ruptured spleen, maybe?

I dont know; if you whacked someone on the arm with it, would they shout "hey!! That bleeding hurt!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Seschat View Post
    So I was off with friends in one of the old Angmar skirmishes, when this dropped:

This is, in the opinion of everyone on the run, the absolutely most basic "club" we've seen in the game. I feel I should play fetch with the wargs of Moria with it.

In the club's defense, it says wound, not bleed damage.

-Crickhollow- Freeps: Hacktoe (Beorning), Arfie (Captain), Neok (Guardian), Scad (Hunter), Janzel (Lore Master), Tuneman (Minstrel), Dorgo (Champion)

Recent medical thinking says that internal bleeding and inflammation can be far more dangerous than most people think. After all, you can kill someone through soft tissue damage (ie, fisticuffs, fighting) if the damage is repeated enough to cause severe injury.

And let's face it "no body better lay a finger on" a Hobbit's next meal, or there is going to be severe internal injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by AccessDenied View Post
    Recent medical thinking says that internal bleeding and inflammation can be far more dangerous than most people think. After all, you can kill someone through soft tissue damage (ie, fisticuffs, fighting) if the damage is repeated enough to cause severe injury.

And let's face it "no body better lay a finger on" a Hobbit's next meal, or there is going to be severe internal injuries.

As someone who will probably die of internal bleeding, rather than most anything else (although brain haemorrhage is also high on the list), it can be a lot more dangerous than people think, and many people are at risk who have no idea that anything is wrong with them.

Most people with my illness die from it before anyone even realises they have it; it took me 9 years of complaining before it was identified.

Of course, I am an odd-ball, most people with ITP are either young women or very young children (I am 1:700,000 people according to the US CDC figures, or ~ 1:1,400,000 men).

Sudden random thought, since this is doing Morale damage (you feel bad and stop participating), maybe this is an Ugly Stick, and the wounding effect is just the target feeling worse and worse about their appearance?
    Immigrant from the City of Paragon. We are heroes. This is what we do.

Founding member of Mornost Gwend of Gladden. "We shout a lot!"