We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mar-Evayave View Post
    I find it interesting that the one post with some measure of proof got the boot for spamming in chat for ten minutes straight, once every minute and a half. I can't say I'm sorry. Maybe don't spam chat next time...
    i was literally looking at his thing i was gonna buy the keys but i was like na i dont need em he didnt spam at all ssg just covering its tracks and they think we too dumb to notice

Quote Originally Posted by Mar-Evayave View Post
    I find it interesting that the one post with some measure of proof got the boot for spamming in chat for ten minutes straight, once every minute and a half. I can't say I'm sorry. Maybe don't spam chat next time...
    since when is offering a sale every 1.5 mins chat spam?

Quote Originally Posted by zipfile View Post
    This right there completely defeats the rest of your point.
    If you traded in keys, you'd know that for 300g, keys fly right off the shelves on Arkenstone.
    Then you completely missed the point. As I said, I don't trade keys (buy or sell), because that's a particular wheel that I prefer banished to the abyss. The point was, a lower price for an item doesn't, and shouldn't automatically ring alarm bells of gold spamming, but apparently, for some here, it does. By that token, if I should suddenly decide to start trading keys (never gonna happen though), I'd immediately be under suspicion by those people, because I'd sell 100G lighter than trending prices for fast and efficient sales.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    Then you completely missed the point. As I said, I don't trade keys (buy or sell), because that's a particular wheel that I prefer banished to the abyss. The point was, a lower price for an item doesn't, and shouldn't automatically ring alarm bells of gold spamming, but apparently, for some here, it does. By that token, if I should suddenly decide to start trading keys (never gonna happen though), I'd immediately be under suspicion by those people, because I'd sell 100G lighter than trending prices for fast and efficient sales.
    Guess I have to repeat myself...

In the past weeks, I've seen low level anon characters selling Black Steel keys for suspiciously low prices (200g-250g), which immediately raised a few red flags. I tried warning people not to buy them, but it seems like they didn't listen. Now, banhammers are dropping.
    And again, you haven't traded with them at all, there is virtually no reason to drop the price lower than 300g as there are plenty of folks at all times of day waiting to buy them at the price. Stuff sells quickly as it is, dropping the price for "a quick sell" when it comes to keys is self-damaging, but you do you.
    "Not all those who wander are lost....some are so stubborn that they always think they're going in the right direction."

"The 4th age is the store age" - Hetweith

Every person who got ban did exploit in one way or another.. and that is the problem. Most of people deserve ban..If you are clean, you will not get ban And one more fast, people who complain here have 1-2-3 post on forum? Little suspicious? Yup

Honestly, I don't know why you all bother. It's obvious they don't have a single clue how to solve the problem other than laying blame on others.

Original Challenger of Sapience
    Svin/Earaendil/Faeramir

LMAO,

SVIN thats just golden.

Explains how everything works here

I would suggest to deal lifetime bans to all players that offer items lower than 2% of the average AH price, both on /world and AH. If the AH price changes, it is their fault.

This is ridiculous. Gold spammers are not dumb. If we ban them for offering keys at 250G, they will offer the next at 260G. Their target is to get fast reliable trades with good profit. If we change one of the 3 desired variables, they will adjust the other 2 accordingly.

Guess I have to repeat myself...

And again, you haven't traded with them at all, there is virtually no reason to drop the price lower than 300g as there are plenty of folks at all times of day waiting to buy them at the price. Stuff sells quickly as it is, dropping the price for "a quick sell" when it comes to keys is self-damaging, but you do you.
    You'd be surprised how quickly you can change the economy with a well placed under-cut. Once one person drops their price, people tend to wait until that person is selling again. There is nothing self damaging about it. People tend to go to the shop up the road, with lower prices, once they know about them. 200G, 300G, who cares, when gold is so easy to come by in the game. At 85 cap when gold recipes would occasionally drop, I would get mail daily from three players (raiders), asking if I had had any luck with recipes to sell to them. Why? Because they were half the current trending price at the time, that's why. In the end, all three told me, just COD any you're selling, anytime. They got the items they were chasing, and spares to pass around their kinship, at really great prices, I got my profit, without any hassle of using AH or Globallff. Easy.

You're basing your argument on the fact that I've never sold a key (by my own admission), so ok, what about the fact that I've given more than 20 keys away for free? Does that make me some kind of gold spammer or a player up to no good? I'm sure if selling for 100G less than trending prices is a problem that immediately rings alarm bells for you, then me giving them away for nothing must be sacrilege?
    Last edited by Arnenna; Apr 17 2018 at 09:35 AM.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

Quote Originally Posted by Itachi1337 View Post
    Every person who got ban did exploit in one way or another.. and that is the problem. Most of people deserve ban..If you are clean, you will not get ban And one more fast, people who complain here have 1-2-3 post on forum? Little suspicious? Yup
    When you're wrong you're wrong..this isn't about folks that play innocent when they have been up to mischief.

Players are getting banned for purchasing an item in trade channel with ingame gold with no knowledge they are traiding with a seller that is selling items from an illigitimate source
    lil 'obbit of Evernight...

Chaos Unbound, Paradox, Silent Paths, Ascension, Bonehunters, Legion of the Valar

If I was falsely banned and my appeal rejected, that would be it for me for the game and i have been here since beta, so I can imagine how people get upset who have been caught up in a false ban.

I guess the problem is that RMTers try and launder stuff by trading through multiple accounts and SSG probably can't easily differentiate between people who have just bought stuff in good faith from trade chat and those accounts that are used to try and make it difficult to trace transactions back to the mules that are carrying the ill gotten goods.

I would imagine for RMTers the biggest challenge would be keeping the mules safe and would imagine there are numerous transactions and account hopping. I doubt SSG have the resources for CSI trade chat, how could you even begin to differentiate between mules, stolen accounts, ghost accounts, etc. I think benefit of the doubt should go to VIP and Lifers, it is unlikely an RMT is going to use paid accounts (that aren't stolen), suspected stolen accounts should be suspended (not banned), until the account owner can reclaim the account. I think there should be an effort to properly investigate VIP/Lifer accounts before action is taken. There should be hard evidence that someone is doing something against the EULA to get a ban, and buying stuff from trade channel isn't one of them.

And one more fast, people who complain here have 1-2-3 post on forum? Little suspicious? Yup
    Thats cause we’re terrified bro, 2 people who posted the email of them being banned got their forum account banned with no email or explaination.
    SSG WE’RE NOT DUMB YOU CANT JUST DELETE EVIDENCE AND PRETEND IT WAS NEVER THERE

Update:

Time to confirm this statement with regards to the filter.

Well, I guess the filter WAS NOT changed to allow for black steel keys in Trade chat.

I greatly appreciate the gesture from Cordovan to remedy the situation but facts are facts.

Before you ask, "But wait! Hejazia, did you get a tell from a scammer from LOTROpay?"

It's time to investigate, my friends. Upon clear inspection of this fine character, it can be clearly seen that they are an Officer in a role-playing kinship, they have purchased the Mordor expansion and have geared for the endgame, and they have 10 legendary items, half of which are First Age Weapons. It can be seen that this person is a legit player and if this person got banned or if I got banned for buying/selling black steel keys, then I think it's time to uninstall the game. Apologies in advance for calling a player out by name, but I received permission from that player before posting this.

dude she already told you she likes to sell below the price, so unless u have stalked her in the past year selling keys, you will have to take her word, as much as I dislike to say that lol

Anyway, I also sell cheaper than price market ALL the time because I want my money now and my time is worth more than the 30-40-100-200g difference depending on the item. Back in October-November keys were indeed 250g each and some ppl sold for 200g (unbound keys) because there was not much to get with them before raid got released. I know because i managed to stock 150 keys in my vault buying at lower prices.

Right now since no unbound keys the price has stayed at 300g for obvious reasons, but to say that a price is set on stone and that that is enough criteria to distinguish a bad from a good key is totally ridiculous, let's stop embracing that Idea because that has a lot of potential to fail. The reason why bad keys are cheaper is b/c of the time it takes to sell, but increasing to 300 doesnt mean that key is not gonna find a buyer, it just means its gonna find a buyer a little later. If SSG fails to realize this, then there is no point for this thread and all the discussion about it, because that concept is simple enough.

The awful support system that is in place doesn't help the situation, you can't have the Accuser and the Judge be the same person, that only leads to Abuse of Power.

Quote Originally Posted by Hejazia.Arkenstone View Post
    Before you ask, "But wait! Hejazia, did you get a tell from a scammer from LOTROpay?"

It's time to investigate, my friends. Upon clear inspection of this fine character, it can be clearly seen that they are an Officer in a role-playing kinship, they have purchased the Mordor expansion and have geared for the endgame, and they have 10 legendary items, half of which are First Age Weapons. It can be seen that this person is a legit player and if this person got banned or if I got banned for buying/selling black steel keys, then I think it's time to uninstall the game. Apologies in advance for calling a player out by name, but I received permission from that player before posting this.

He deserves to get banned for offering to sell at 250g each when you said you wanted to buy at 300g. :P

How do you can see he is legit player if you only know his gear ? Not saying that this one is not...

How do you can see he is legit player if you only know his gear ? Not saying that this one is not...
    are you kidding me????

he also can see his kinship and kinship status (officer)

but you do help the point of this thread, you can't see who/what is legit or not by only seeing a name in the chat.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Cenifh View Post
    are you kidding me????

he also can see his kinship and kinship status (officer)

but you do help the point of this thread, you can't see who/what is legit or not by only seeing a name in the chat.

Thank you
    Even if he is leader or not, he can do alot of things.. multy accounts... others exploit.. again.. not saying that this person is, just saying for anyone..

Big thanks to whoever was responsible for fixing this in a timely manner.

Even if he is leader or not, he can do alot of things.. multy accounts... others exploit.. again.. not saying that this person is, just saying for anyone..

*inspects toon* *anonymous or no kinship* /trade

or

*inspect toon* *reads kinship* *checks kinship* *recognizes kinship that has been here for months/years* *goes to read kinship status* *reads officer* *realizes is a trustable person to buy stuff from* *buys stuff* /trade.

bye

But will the bans be revoked?

Quote Originally Posted by sahanto View Post
    no.

SSG is always right, not the customer.. don't even argue

People getting banned for buying black steel keys from people who bought them in the lotro store with farmed tp?

Then this a few months back, I would like to point out how quick a blue name responded to the thread below, but 4 pages on this one and nary a hint of blue name acknowledgement. It really gets the noggin a joggin if you ask me.
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-gold-spammers

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Last edited by Barney1119; Apr 17 2018 at 09:28 PM.
    Avdic: Guardian - Griminsborith: Champion - Knurlagn: Runekeeper - Vreal: Warden - Thelolnir: Hunter
    Orearry: Burglar - Iollethryth: Captain - Raga: Minstrel - Sharkbewer: Loremaster - Togria: Minstrel

Quote Originally Posted by sahanto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hejazia.Arkenstone View Post
    translation: "there have been key bans but we won't undo them nor do we care because in our opinion we have not banned anyone since a vaguely recent time"

and i supposed all of these players who have gotten banned for buying things for real money are liars too? since apparently nobody was banned?
    what a joke do you think people who pay for your game are stupid?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast