We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 117
  1. #51
    Happy to see Arkenstone trash can is getting cleaner everyday
    Xolla;Tishina\Arkenstone

  2. #52
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    653
    Quote Originally Posted by Hejazia.Arkenstone View Post
    Was going to type out a response but you hit the nail on the head.

    Do people like BotLike and siipperi think that all of these players are "crisis actors?" Give me a break.
    You're already getting a break. You are here on this account because you have been permabanned twice on other accounts for malicious harassment.

    Btw every server is a RP server.


    Being that some permabanned types insist on returning again and again,I suggest SSG let them do so but with a wide array of restrictions. A gold limit,restricted chat,slow horse travel. Limited pvp activities and rank caps,like rank 3 for Creeps.

    It would be perfectly acceptable for such restrictions if the player agrees to an amended ToS for permabanned players. Extended probation like 4 years before restrictions start to be removed for heinous violations such as RMT involvement,Excessive exploitation,and other such of the same degree that provoke a detriment to the game and its players in general. Even revoking OC titles and other game benchmark goals.

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    408
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian.S View Post
    You're already getting a break. You are here on this account because you have been permabanned twice on other accounts for malicious harassment.

    Btw every server is a RP server.

    Being that some permabanned types insist on returning again and again,I suggest SSG let them do so but with a wide array of restrictions. A gold limit,restricted chat,slow horse travel. Limited pvp activities and rank caps,like rank 3 for Creeps.

    It would be perfectly acceptable for such restrictions if the player agrees to an amended ToS for permabanned players. Extended probation like 4 years before restrictions start to be removed for heinous violations such as RMT involvement,Excessive exploitation,and other such of the same degree that provoke a detriment to the game and its players in general. Even revoking OC titles and other game benchmark goals.
    I have never been banned on any ingame or forum account for any type of harassment but I have received some minor infractions on forum. Moreover, I've not been "permabanned twice" so you are just talking nonsense. I've also been on the receiving end of salt from people who I PvP with or against. You're Splay, one of those players and an extremely toxic player from Vilya, so it does not surprise me that you posted here simply out of spite.

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Under Bridge
    Posts
    1,013
    Quote Originally Posted by luckygirl1 View Post
    You know, i brought this issue up on the Reddit sub about 2 months ago about being banned for buying black steel keys for in-game gold and I got this same kind of toxic answer.
    I am really sorry if i made you sad.

    Fact remains , players in gaming , release all their complex syndroms after a ban. It's easy , there's anonymity and ofc ''it's just a game'' when it suits us.
    Only a handful will admit that they did something wrong , most ban victims will choose to cry on a forum instead and act innocent.

    The one time since launch that i got short-time banned i deserved it , whoever i know that got banned over the years ( dozens of examples ) , deserved it 100% as well.
    By all means , keep acting like SSG went mental and started banning innocent costumers. HAHAHAHAH ROTFLMFAO

    Anyway , only SSG knows the whole story and i doubt they'll share it with us.

    One fun fact though , gaming alone , would be enough to study Stockholm Syndrome. I mean think about it , players get banned multiple times while ''innocent'' and they still come back.
    Of course , there is always the possibility they were never innocent and just love to risk all their time invested in the game and when they get caught start over.
    If i was SSG , i'd ban all those cases too , they are only going to come back anyway , $$ is fat.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    628
    Couple of months ago I saw some discussion about "exploited LP" and cracked/generated LP codes for LOTRO store, and a screenshot of Cordovan saying something about it in a worrying tone (discord screenshot).
    In the past weeks, I've seen low level anon characters selling Black Steel keys for suspiciously low prices (200g-250g), which immediately raised a few red flags. I tried warning people not to buy them, but it seems like they didn't listen. Now, banhammers are dropping.

    My guess is as good as any, but I'd take it some of those codes are still being made and used on throwaway accounts to make keys which are then quickly sold.

    Simply stop buying keys till we get an update on this, remember to keep a cool head. After all, it's a game, not a lifestyle.
    "Not all those who wander are lost....some are so stubborn that they always think they're going in the right direction."

    "The 4th age is the store age" - Hetweith

  6. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by zipfile View Post
    Couple of months ago I saw some discussion about "exploited LP" and cracked/generated LP codes for LOTRO store, and a screenshot of Cordovan saying something about it in a worrying tone (discord screenshot).
    In the past weeks, I've seen low level anon characters selling Black Steel keys for suspiciously low prices (200g-250g), which immediately raised a few red flags. I tried warning people not to buy them, but it seems like they didn't listen. Now, banhammers are dropping.

    My guess is as good as any, but I'd take it some of those codes are still being made and used on throwaway accounts to make keys which are then quickly sold.

    Simply stop buying keys till we get an update on this, remember to keep a cool head. After all, it's a game, not a lifestyle.
    Tbh, 200-250g is where the price is at rn since ash is needed less because of the new update and u can get like 2 keys per day now from dailies so the drop from 300+ to 200-250 seems understandable

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    628
    Quote Originally Posted by Fraushgrish2 View Post
    Tbh, 200-250g is where the price is at rn since ash is needed less because of the new update and u can get like 2 keys per day now from dailies so the drop from 300+ to 200-250 seems understandable
    Arkenstone price was always 300g, rarely someone would go 250-275g if you were buying in bulk
    "Not all those who wander are lost....some are so stubborn that they always think they're going in the right direction."

    "The 4th age is the store age" - Hetweith

  8. #58
    Seen this happen to a life time account player;

    Asked in trade chat to buy a Valar, received in mail CoD.

    Accepted mail, used ingame currency to buy the Valar.

    Received a one week ban and appeal rejected.

    No knowing contact with gold sellers....could happen to anyone buying items from trade channel in the current climate

    It's a worry :/
    lil 'obbit of Evernight...

    Paradox, Silent Paths, Ascension, Bonehunters, Legion of the Valar

  9. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by zipfile View Post
    Couple of months ago I saw some discussion about "exploited LP" and cracked/generated LP codes for LOTRO store, and a screenshot of Cordovan saying something about it in a worrying tone (discord screenshot).
    In the past weeks, I've seen low level anon characters selling Black Steel keys for suspiciously low prices (200g-250g), which immediately raised a few red flags. I tried warning people not to buy them, but it seems like they didn't listen. Now, banhammers are dropping.

    My guess is as good as any, but I'd take it some of those codes are still being made and used on throwaway accounts to make keys which are then quickly sold.

    Simply stop buying keys till we get an update on this, remember to keep a cool head. After all, it's a game, not a lifestyle.
    People. People. People !!! THATS RIGHT !!! Some guys scamming payment system lotro (they can get any codes from lotro market) . You are getting ban , because keys/valars and other items just stolen from lotro store. Admins banning for this items.

    SSG - YOU NEED FIX YOUR PAYMENT SYSTEM. YOU KNOW ABOUT THIS EXPLOIT , WHY YOU CANT FIX IT ?!?!?!
    Last edited by Elrohir1; Apr 16 2018 at 12:36 PM.

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    408
    Some people think that people are getting banned because they accepted a trade deal that is "too good to be true".
    I'll use this analogy to demonstrate their stance: "If I were to try to sell you a sports car for ten bucks, when it's worth 10,000, you can probably assume it isn't legit."

    The only problem is that all of the offers are nearly identical. An example is provided below.

    [Trade] Legitplayerone: 'wts black steel keys 300g, send tell'
    [Trade] Legitplayertwo: 'wts black steel keys 300g, send tell'
    [Trade] Paymentscammerone: 'wts black steel keys 300g, send tell'
    [Trade] Legitplayerthree: 'wts black steel keys 300g, send tell'
    [Trade] Legitplayerfour: 'wts black steel keys 300g, send tell'


    You tell Legitplayerone, 'cod'
    You tell Legitplayertwo, 'cod'
    You tell Paymentscammerone, 'cod'
    You tell Legitplayerthree, 'cod'
    You tell Legitplayerfour, 'cod'


    The player who buys from "Paymentscammerone" gets a ban, the other players do not. But how was the buyer supposed to know which keys being sold were legitimately obtained? There is no way to tell the difference, that's why this whole situation is so messed up.

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    6
    best thread in a long time. Cordovan you are my hero.

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    MA, USA
    Posts
    5,813
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrohir1 View Post
    People. People. People !!! THATS RIGHT !!! Some guys scamming payment system lotro (they can get any codes from lotro market) . You are getting ban , because keys/valars and other items just stolen from lotro store. Admins banning for this items.

    SSG - YOU NEED FIX YOUR PAYMENT SYSTEM. YOU KNOW ABOUT THIS EXPLOIT , WHY YOU CANT FIX IT ?!?!?!
    Because it's NOT SSG's payment system. LOTRO Market is managed by Digital River and it's DR's responsibility to fix this.
    The Lag is so bad I saw Sara Oakheart outrun someone - kickman77

    Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Belegthelion, Ingoror, Gloringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com

  13. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Nosdracir View Post
    Because it's NOT SSG's payment system. LOTRO Market is managed by Digital River and it's DR's responsibility to fix this.
    Nice. Just need fix it and we never see gold spam / ban for buying valars and keys etc again.

  14. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Hejazia.Arkenstone View Post
    [Trade] Paymentscammerone: 'wts black steel keys 300g, send tell'



    You tell Paymentscammerone, 'cod'


    The player who buys from "Paymentscammerone" gets a ban, the other players do not. But how was the buyer supposed to know which keys being sold were legitimately obtained? There is no way to tell the difference, that's why this whole situation is so messed up.
    well if someone selling me a key had that name, That would open my eyes a bit wider lol

    joke aside, whole thing is so ridiculous, and yet players blaming others and justifying this nonsense.

    A good reason to not having yet been banned might be cuz u buy 1 or 2 keys per week. Remember raiders are willing to spend thousands of gold in 1-2 days to get their BiS pieces, so they buy dozens of keys in a small window of time. Apparently the price is not the only criteria being used for a ban, even if u buy at 300g you still get banned if u buy more than 5 keys.

    This thread is to draw their attention to the issue (because there is one), dont try to shut ppl up just because you havent suffered the same.

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,499
    As buggered up as their response is; at least SSG are trying to do something.

    I reported a porn link had been posted in the forums 10 hours ago; and it is still there.......

  16. #66
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    653
    Quote Originally Posted by BotLike View Post
    I am really sorry if i made you sad.

    Fact remains , players in gaming , release all their complex syndroms after a ban. It's easy , there's anonymity and ofc ''it's just a game'' when it suits us.
    Only a handful will admit that they did something wrong , most ban victims will choose to cry on a forum instead and act innocent.

    The one time since launch that i got short-time banned i deserved it , whoever i know that got banned over the years ( dozens of examples ) , deserved it 100% as well.
    By all means , keep acting like SSG went mental and started banning innocent costumers. HAHAHAHAH ROTFLMFAO

    Anyway , only SSG knows the whole story and i doubt they'll share it with us.

    One fun fact though , gaming alone , would be enough to study Stockholm Syndrome. I mean think about it , players get banned multiple times while ''innocent'' and they still come back.
    Of course , there is always the possibility they were never innocent and just love to risk all their time invested in the game and when they get caught start over.
    If i was SSG , i'd ban all those cases too , they are only going to come back anyway , $$ is fat.
    This player gets it. So do the gaming companies.

    I've been banned several times in ten years. Each and every time I did not deny my actions nor did I try to diminish them by excuses. In most cases I did contact the player who reported me or the offended player and offered an apology.

    Some players like to title others with choice words like toxic. I find those that do, generally find the action toxic to them, but not generally toxic others. Its like them not preferring to look in the mirror. I also find it insulting for a player to be banned for harassing young girls or women and then come back on a new account just to do it again. So,when a player calls me toxic for defending women,I can handle it. I'll take that ban every time and smile.

    Players who cheat,lie,harass,look for ways to escape or circumvent bans are creating the toxic environment. These gold sellers just eat up the profits with a smile.

  17. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by BotLike View Post
    Of course , there is always the possibility they were never innocent and just love to risk all their time invested in the game and when they get caught start over.
    If i was SSG , i'd ban all those cases too , they are only going to come back anyway , $$ is fat.
    You almost get to the real root of the issue but don't quite make the final leap there.

    Addicted players getting farmed by SSG for sweet sweet $$$.

    Do you think it is an accident that the people getting banned happen to be some of the most invested players in the game?

    This is no accident

    Here's the cycle:

    ->SSG builds player profiles from easily obtainable game/store data
    ->Find people who are addicted and are likely to re-make account if banned
    ->monitor those people closely and look for an excuse to ban them
    ->ban hammer them as soon as you can, if not permaban then a smaller ban that could eventually lead to permaban
    ->Addicted player re-makes account, requires Aria of Valar and quest packs/instance clusters to get back into the endgame
    ->Addicted player buys from store with RL $ or buys from world chat from someone who bought it with RL $ from store.
    ->Addicted player needs to re-subscribe if they want to pvp, extra $
    ->wait for addicted player to become fully invested again (optional)
    ->repeat


    You guys literally getting farmed by SSG, and the fact that those complaining also make themselves easy targets by being notorious trolls/rankfarmers doesn't help the situation.

    get farmed bois

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Kansas, USA
    Posts
    75
    I do not think people should be permanently banned without explicit proof from the people banning that the account has recently had suspicious activity such as knowingly purchasing items in LOTRO with real money that are not supposed to be purchased with real money. If SSG insists on enforcing their "shoot first, ask questions after" policy that they seem to have adopted recently, giving a temporary ban until they can prove the violation of ToS would be much more acceptable in my eyes. These permanent bans seem to be even worse than the victims being "guilty until proven innocent" seeing as some people are getting the 2045 boot without even an explanation as well as having their appeal closed without even a response. In fact, this seems a lot as if SSG is going more along the lines of "guilty because we say so". The fact that I am somewhat scared of my account being banned just for posting this comment shows a lot about the current management state of this game.
    Hammett Macneil

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Wales, United Kingdom
    Posts
    9,338
    Quote Originally Posted by zipfile View Post
    Arkenstone price was always 300g, rarely someone would go 250-275g if you were buying in bulk
    I'd never buy or sell a key, or any store item for that matter. I've occasionally bought some store items over the years to give away to friends though, and I used to trade frequently with in game items. I always undercut current trends. If an item is going for 600G daily, by most, I sell for 500G. If the item is 300G, I sell for 200G. The rationale behind it is simple - quick sale (which never fails).

    That approach doesn't automatically make me a gold spammer, it just means I prefer to sell fast and move on.

    I'd like to think that SSG have a good system where they can chase a trail back to where and how items originated. That seems to be working fine. What isn't, is that innocent people can buy a key (or something else) that originates in store, and not be aware of how it originated and what circles that item has moved in before it got to them, and then they are unwittingly involved in something dodgy.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

  20. #70


    https://imgflip.com/i/28i3iy in case you struggle to read it
    Last edited by Fraushgrish2; Apr 16 2018 at 05:05 PM.

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Lothlorien
    Posts
    861
    Quote Originally Posted by Fraushgrish2 View Post
    Golden .
    Rimenuir | Fadhroreth | Daechamnir | Rimenswords | Beornemgarth | Rimensneak | Rimenoath | Smicho | Rimentank |
    Arkenstone Server, Meneldor native.
    Rimenbuff and Rimenpew : Landroval

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Under Bridge
    Posts
    1,013
    I once watched an long interview of a gold-farmer 'boss'. I believe it was over 9 years ago.

    He was a normal western male , in his mid-twenties.
    What he did was hiring people from countries like china etc whose job was to farm gold , the process was different depending on the game.
    He called them 'studios'.
    Fun fact : back in the day there was actual evidence that many gold farmers were prisoners in jails , mostly in china , forced to farm gold for ~12 hours a day.

    Anyway , the whole interview was mostly laughable. The guy believed he actually had a real job and it was obvious he would not accept he's a loser anytime soon.
    He was nagging about ridiculous things like asking the game developers like Blizzard to work with the gold sellers.
    However , after all his mumblings and the laughs i had he actually spitted 1 stunning truth.

    MMO companies make great ammounts of money by simply letting gold spammers exist.
    How ?
    They don't work with them and there is no conspiracy , what they do is simple.

    They let them do their thing , farm their gold , steal accounts that were powerlevelled by a third-party or had breeched login details , sell their digital goodies , stick their finger in the honey pot and then , every once in a while , like once every 6 months , they throw a ban wave to all of them.

    Why ?

    Because they know those same gold-farmers will be forced to buy the game and several things necessary for gold farming all over again.
    And the process repeats.

    And meanwhile ofc , they assure the playerbase they are doing their best to fight gold-farmers and spammers.

    It's actually brilliant , one big cash grab on demand without the need to develop any content at all.
    I truly doubt anything changed since then.

    Just food for thought.
    Last edited by BotLike; Apr 16 2018 at 05:30 PM.

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    628
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    I'd never buy or sell a key, or any store item for that matter
    This right there completely defeats the rest of your point.
    If you traded in keys, you'd know that for 300g, keys fly right off the shelves on Arkenstone.
    "Not all those who wander are lost....some are so stubborn that they always think they're going in the right direction."

    "The 4th age is the store age" - Hetweith

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,894
    I find it interesting that the one post with some measure of proof got the boot for spamming in chat for ten minutes straight, once every minute and a half. I can't say I'm sorry. Maybe don't spam chat next time...
    R5 105 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 115 MNS Fayah/115 LM Siennah/115 HNT Dinenol/115 RK Dhurik
    115 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/61 BUR Dhax/115 WDN Godoric
    R9 115 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    408
    Quote Originally Posted by Mar-Evayave View Post
    I find it interesting that the one post with some measure of proof got the boot for spamming in chat for ten minutes straight, once every minute and a half. I can't say I'm sorry. Maybe don't spam chat next time...
    I mean, if you think this thread is still about chat spam, I don't know what to tell you. *shrug*

 

 
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload