We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Exclamation NEW Elk Mount 4000 ASH Elk of Felgoth's Glory

barter for it with ash or get lucky with the gambling of gor boxes.

Fast forward to 1min to see it.

i don't know if there's war steed cosmetics that comes with it.

Thanks Crazypants for serving as a model for a preview. Unfortunately, it does not come with a warsteed outfit. Also, this mount (trait deed) is bound to account, and cannot be transferred like the Osgiliath Steed. People without alts will be left in the cold.

Greetings, Polymachos
    Treufried, human Level 115 Lore Master, formerly from Maiar (DE), now on Belegaer
    Räuberhöhle auf Belegaer, Breelandsiedlung, Ochsbott, Lange Straße 5. Vorsicht, Fallen!
    Alexophor, human Level 115 Hunter, formerly a Nimrod, now on Landroval
    Awkward Animal Arena in Breeland Homesteads, 6 Long Street, Ersward (Landroval)

This looks bloody awful, to be honest. Why the sudden obsession, in LOTRO, to ride 'round on elk ? Surely it is not just to ape Thranduil, I hope not ...
    Elquasso - HNT | Hendunaron - LM | Haduthir - WDN | Laurealasso - GRD | Malenthir - HNT | Grimdald - CAP | Rilmien - MNS | Threk - RK | Iarlnir - CHM | Flubbo - WDN | Curwe - CHM
    The Council of Elder Lords on GLADDEN

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Elquasso View Post
    This looks bloody awful, to be honest. Why the sudden obsession, in LOTRO, to ride 'round on elk ? Surely it is not just to ape Thranduil, I hope not ...
    His video image is badly distorted & doesn't help that he is mounting on a hobbit, that makes all steeds look stocky. Look how wide all the toons look. If he change the aspect radio on option panel to 16:10 it will looks a lot better.

Here is another view of that new elk courtesy of another player at twitter ( Staceyjcorrin ) .
    Last edited by YamydeAragon; Apr 12 2018 at 06:06 PM.

~ Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth ~

I must say it does look a bit better in that photo. I still do not understand the fixation with the elk mount though.
    Elquasso - HNT | Hendunaron - LM | Haduthir - WDN | Laurealasso - GRD | Malenthir - HNT | Grimdald - CAP | Rilmien - MNS | Threk - RK | Iarlnir - CHM | Flubbo - WDN | Curwe - CHM
    The Council of Elder Lords on GLADDEN

Quote Originally Posted by Elquasso View Post
    I still do not understand the fixation with the elk mount though.
    EXACTLY!!!
    I hope we aint getting a stupid elk as anniversary reward............
    if you asking me i prefer a dwarf warboar!
    20 years lotr enthousiast, 11 years lotro player, lifetimer, Loyal member of the Spartans Kinship, now in Evernight imigrants from Eldar

Absolutely absurd! What's next? Camels? Unicorns? Pandas? The reason you don't see anybody riding Elks (another Americanism) is that they are completely unsuitable as mounts. Why wouldn't Elves have ridden forest ponies? They are abundant in European Woodland, and are hardier, stronger, far easier to train, and are physically more capable than an elk to bear a rider. No, ponies are boring, let's have a Griffin next!
    Yes, I know it's a Rabbit: they don't have a Hedgehog.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian_Hedgehog View Post
    Absolutely absurd! What's next? Camels? Unicorns? Pandas? The reason you don't see anybody riding Elks (another Americanism) is that they are completely unsuitable as mounts. Why wouldn't Elves have ridden forest ponies? They are abundant in European Woodland, and are hardier, stronger, far easier to train, and are physically more capable than an elk to bear a rider. No, ponies are boring, let's have a Griffin next!
    We'll get camels in Harad... And what is it with you people and everying you think is stupid is an "Americanism". Want me to start my own list?
    Goreamir - 115 Captain | Celebourne - 95 Champion | Jinwe - 91 Hunter | Humblefoot - 77 Minstrel | Dorfus - 77 Guardian | Creonath - 58 Warden | Whippit - 40 Burglar | Stormcraban - 38 Loremaster | Thangadir - 37 Runekeeper | Jonly - 32 Beornng | Zongrul - 41 Bank

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrawn View Post
    We'll get camels in Harad... And what is it with you people and everying you think is stupid is an "Americanism". Want me to start my own list?
    Saying "everything you think is stupid is an "Americanism" is a bit of a jump, but feel free to start whatever lists you desire. I am merely referring to the fact that the North American Elk is somewhat out of place in Middle Earth, as are pumpkins at Harvest Festival. No need to contort your pantaloons.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian_Hedgehog View Post
    Saying "everything you think is stupid is an "Americanism" is a bit of a jump, but feel free to start whatever lists you desire. I am merely referring to the fact that the North American Elk is somewhat out of place in Middle Earth, as are pumpkins at Harvest Festival. No need to contort your pantaloons.
    I haven't seen you complain about the presence of taters.

Quote Originally Posted by Samwisenheimer View Post
    I haven't seen you complain about the presence of taters.
    Well, as I haven't complained about the presence of taters, you haven't really missed much.

It is one thing for Tolkien to add items/objects to Middle Earth lore that still have scholars of his work in disagreement, but it is entirely another thing for SSG (and Turbine before them) to add incompatible items/objects at whim.
    Last edited by Sebastian_Hedgehog; Apr 20 2018 at 10:05 AM.