We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Runes for Tank

  1. #1

    Runes for Tank

    Hey guys,

    I'm just putting the finishing touches on updating my LI's and was wondering which runes are best to slot. I've heard that the tactical dps runes are good and help with keeping aggro, so I'm leaning towards that. I previously had the bpe partials slotted in there. I'm prepping for T2 Abyss. Thoughts?
    Rodgi - 115 Guardian, Abyss-Gazer, Gladden

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by vleydwyyn View Post
    Hey guys,

    I'm just putting the finishing touches on updating my LI's and was wondering which runes are best to slot. I've heard that the tactical dps runes are good and help with keeping aggro, so I'm leaning towards that. I previously had the bpe partials slotted in there. I'm prepping for T2 Abyss. Thoughts?
    I personally would use the partial bpe runes. Guardians when played at even an average skill level should have no problems keeping aggro in a raid environment. Just make sure you have a bit of finesse, rotate your taunts, and even a hunter bursting above 150k dps won't pull from you.

  3. #3
    go with the tactical runes as long as youve skilled light damage. it increases your war chant damage (= aoe aggro) a #### ton and definately helps generating lots of threat. it also amplyfies your shield smash damage which again helps with threat generation (I've critted once with 79k with shield smash on blue line).

    bpe wont help that much in abyss anyway.

    my 2 cents.
    Last edited by Findun; Apr 07 2018 at 12:44 PM.
    Original Challenger of the Abyss

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    589
    Quote Originally Posted by Fresuvi View Post
    I personally would use the partial bpe runes. Guardians when played at even an average skill level should have no problems keeping aggro in a raid environment. Just make sure you have a bit of finesse, rotate your taunts, and even a hunter bursting above 150k dps won't pull from you.
    The partial BPE runes would be great I agree, but when I equip them and check my character page, my partial avoidances don't appear to change. I put in a ticket for support and was just told that I should do a bug report.
    I can't verify that I actually get a partial BPE boost from those runes. If I could verify it, then yes they will help reduce a lot of damage on your guard.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by TiberiasKirk View Post
    The partial BPE runes would be great I agree, but when I equip them and check my character page, my partial avoidances don't appear to change. I put in a ticket for support and was just told that I should do a bug report.
    I can't verify that I actually get a partial BPE boost from those runes. If I could verify it, then yes they will help reduce a lot of damage on your guard.
    It's not your partial avoidance % you enhance by equipping the avoidance runes. It's the mitigation % of the partial avoided attack you boost with the runes. (iirc)

    Just ignore this if i misinterpreted your post

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Findun View Post
    go with the tactical runes as long as youve skilled light damage. it increases your war chant damage (= aoe aggro) a #### ton and definately helps generating lots of threat. it also amplyfies your shield smash damage which again helps with threat generation (I've critted once with 79k with shield smash on blue line).
    79k wow. Which Legacies do you use on your belt?
    Rodgi - 115 Guardian, Abyss-Gazer, Gladden

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by vleydwyyn View Post
    79k wow. Which Legacies do you use on your belt?
    TBH 79k is not much. I regularly have crits over 100k in raids. 130k max crit I think.


    Not in tank build but you get the idea of magnitude we speaking of. Even in tank build you have well over 20k tooltip. It's just about wearing tactical damage relics and shield bonuses on swappy.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by siipperi View Post
    TBH 79k is not much. I regularly have crits over 100k in raids. 130k max crit I think.


    Not in tank build but you get the idea of magnitude we speaking of. Even in tank build you have well over 20k tooltip. It's just about wearing tactical damage relics and shield bonuses on swappy.
    i wasnt in a raid environment when i critted 79k
    Original Challenger of the Abyss

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Findun View Post
    i wasnt in a raid environment when i critted 79k
    Heh that makes me feel better
    Rodgi - 115 Guardian, Abyss-Gazer, Gladden

  10. #10
    How do you get a Shield Smash with a 30k+ or 70k damage? I must be doing something wrong with my Guardian. I will admit that I'm not lucky enough yet to get one of the great shield drops from Mordor yet. My shield smash only shows 5-6k damage on the tool tip.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Name62 View Post
    How do you get a Shield Smash with a 30k+ or 70k damage? I must be doing something wrong with my Guardian. I will admit that I'm not lucky enough yet to get one of the great shield drops from Mordor yet. My shield smash only shows 5-6k damage on the tool tip.




    I don't even know why people are bothering with 2-hander anymore in red line ...

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Name62 View Post
    How do you get a Shield Smash with a 30k+ or 70k damage? I must be doing something wrong with my Guardian. I will admit that I'm not lucky enough yet to get one of the great shield drops from Mordor yet. My shield smash only shows 5-6k damage on the tool tip.
    you probably can get another 20% shield smash damage on top of that. it all comes down to which attributes you have on your belt. 73% shield smash is a must have imho anyway on your tanking belt. the additional 20% shield damage is nice to have, but you dont have to. my tooltip dmg is around 21k on the skill itself.
    Original Challenger of the Abyss

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload