We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Cold weather steed

Are there any cold weather steeds in game that I don't need a kindred status in rep to get? I'm either done or almost done with Forochel on all my characters before I can get the Forochel mount, and by then, it's too late to ride it around Forochel.

I just want a cold weather steed in Misties, Forochel, or Wilderland.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

there is a black steed that looks a lot like the rep one from foro
    you can find it in envelopes at spring or anniversarry fest, sorry cant recall the right one
    have fun
    lotr enthousiast since 1996, 12 years lotro player, lifetimer, Loyal member of the Spartans Kinship, now in Evernight imigrants from Eldar

I got this one from the last Yule festival:

It could be easily acquired in an hour or less of completing quests for tokens. But I don't know if an encore is planned...

(Please note, the screenshot is from Wandering Arda)
    “...and he lived happily ever after, to the end of his days”

yule fests have lots of winter horses but not a cold weather one like the one from forochel long furred
    the only one that is really a cold weather steed is the black one from envelopes named Lossoth steed
    you can see the photo here: https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Item%3ALossoth_Steed

lotr enthousiast since 1996, 12 years lotro player, lifetimer, Loyal member of the Spartans Kinship, now in Evernight imigrants from Eldar

Horses typically don't need extra cover except when resting. Mathom steed will do nicely, or the michel delving if you feel an urge to get that padded feeling. Look at icelandic horses, small and sturdy, short hair and a long mane.

Quote Originally Posted by Valakircka View Post
    yule fests have lots of winter horses but not a cold weather one like the one from forochel long furred
    the only one that is really a cold weather steed is the black one from envelopes named Lossoth steed
    you can see the photo here: [URL="https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Item%3ALossoth_Steed"][U]https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Item%3ALossoth_Steed
    Lossoth steed dont drop anymore from envelopes in Anniversary event. Was a selectable option from the pick-a-mount box, but with the new lootboxes i dont know if the pick-a-mount box still drop... probably still drop from the old legacy lootboxes you can to purchase in Lalias Marquet, but not sure if SSG changed the drop tables in old lootboxes.

Another winterly option is the "Snow Beast" horse from the store.

Sergio :-)
    Moved from Riddermark to Landroval on 2/10/1015!

Quote Originally Posted by Olgomil View Post
    Lossoth steed dont drop anymore from envelopes in Anniversary event. Was a selectable option from the pick-a-mount box, but with the new lootboxes i dont know if the pick-a-mount box still drop... probably still drop from the old legacy lootboxes you can to purchase in Lalias Marquet, but not sure if SSG changed the drop tables in old lootboxes.

Another winterly option is the "Snow Beast" horse from the store.

dunno mate but you r propablly right on this anyway i got it long ago on many of my alts
    i wrote about the lossoth steed coz the OP asked about a horse looking like the forochel rep horse

Quote Originally Posted by Valakircka View Post
    i wrote about the lossoth steed coz the OP asked about a horse looking like the forochel rep horse
    Yeah, its a nice horse, was a good suggestion.

Moved from Riddermark to Landroval on 2/10/1015!

Quote Originally Posted by Olgomil View Post
    Yeah, its a nice horse, was a good suggestion.

yes i love it!
    it really looks better than the rep red/orange mount n it looks taller able to walk in deep snow
    a long hair winter horse but slim n aggile same time unlike the rep one