We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: disappointed

Angry disappointed

Although I love the new areas I am NOT a fan of being forced to group to get classes through an area as has been done with mordor and some of what I'm seeing in the latest. I have never thought of deeds as grinding but the repetition of these dailies are no pleasure unless you like dying over and over on some classes and on a few of my toons - not being able to move forward at all unless a group of even one person can be found. Solo play is my relaxation not HAVE to group up to clear areas. Very disappointing the devs couldn't come up with quest hubs etc to do instead of the boring grind of dailies to move ahead with gear. I have bought all expacs and looked forward to the new content up to now. If this is what is to come in future I won't be wasting my money on more and that is something I never thought I'd say in regards to LOTR.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Blondee View Post
    Although I love the new areas I am NOT a fan of being forced to group to get classes through an area as has been done with mordor and some of what I'm seeing in the latest. I have never thought of deeds as grinding but the repetition of these dailies are no pleasure unless you like dying over and over on some classes and on a few of my toons - not being able to move forward at all unless a group of even one person can be found. Solo play is my relaxation not HAVE to group up to clear areas. Very disappointing the devs couldn't come up with quest hubs etc to do instead of the boring grind of dailies to move ahead with gear. I have bought all expacs and looked forward to the new content up to now. If this is what is to come in future I won't be wasting my money on more and that is something I never thought I'd say in regards to LOTR.
    This is exactly the same feeling i got about the newest zones.

~ Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth ~

I know this is a dead horse, but man, I hated going from being ok at the Battle of the Black Gate and thinking my character was ok, and on the VERY NEXT quest, which was the first group of quests in Mordor I saw my guard wailing on a single mob with the health bar barely going down. I had to Google and ask people in game and the forums to find that I needed a lot of finesse, and I ended up looking in the AH and the Store for finesse items. Way too many hoops and ladders for some landscape trash mobs.

And in December, there weren't very many people to group with, which makes me concerned about what the OP is talking about in Mirkwood.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

What's really lame with the dailies is the fact that they aren't even new quests, just rehashes of the standard quest lines. At least Mordor gave us some new content for allegiance dailies.

Quote Originally Posted by Blondee View Post
    Apart of the few warbands there is no group content on new area. It's 100% solo otherwise.

As of dailies go... You can literally do dailies on new area without having any combat at all lol.
    Last edited by siipperi; Apr 02 2018 at 02:40 PM.

did Mordor solo on a hunter, minstrel and guardian. you just cant run around 1 shotting everything or pulling tons of mobs likes its the shire.

i liked the harder landscape mobs.

Mortem Tyrannis

Quote Originally Posted by Nymphonic View Post
    I had to Google and ask people in game and the forums to find that I needed a lot of finesse, and I ended up looking in the AH and the Store for finesse items. Way too many hoops and ladders for some landscape trash mobs.
    My LM went through the first half of Mordor with zero finesse. The second half with 8k finesse, which is pretty much zero. I didn't find it all that bad. More resists than usual but just had to be careful with pulls. Different strokes and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilan View Post
    My LM went through the first half of Mordor with zero finesse. The second half with 8k finesse, which is pretty much zero. I didn't find it all that bad. More resists than usual but just had to be careful with pulls. Different strokes and all that.
    He's talking about the very latest bit of the game. Not about Mordor.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilan View Post

Maybe I'll have better luck with my LM when she gets there than I had with my guard.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"

Quote Originally Posted by subadar View Post
    did Mordor solo on a hunter, minstrel and guardian. you just cant run around 1 shotting everything or pulling tons of mobs likes its the shire.

i liked the harder landscape mobs.
    I like harder content too, but the very first quest area of Mordor is just bad game design. Good game design was pre revamp Moria, the 3 orc camps just outside the East Moria opening by Lake Mirrormere and Southern Mirkwood. The mobs did not have stat changes. They were just more dense, which made sure you had to use tactics in pulling them to avoid getting gang rushed. That was cool, I liked it. That's how harder content should be. Or just make give them more hit points or make them regular sigs so you can't just one shot or pull a gang of them.

I don't see that with the first quest hub in Mordor. I should not have to ask in world and kin chat, Google, and ask on the forums to find out what the problem is, and then have to hope I can find some finesse gear in the AH or buy finesse scrolls from the Store.

I like harder content too, but the very first quest area of Mordor is just bad game design. Good game design was pre revamp Moria, the 3 orc camps just outside the East Moria opening by Lake Mirrormere and Southern Mirkwood. The mobs did not have stat changes. They were just more dense, which made sure you had to use tactics in pulling them to avoid getting gang rushed. That was cool, I liked it. That's how harder content should be. Or just make give them more hit points or make them regular sigs so you can't just one shot or pull a gang of them.

I don't see that with the first quest hub in Mordor. I should not have to ask in world and kin chat, Google, and ask on the forums to find out what the problem is, and then have to hope I can find some finesse gear in the AH or buy finesse scrolls from the Store.
    Omg... Mobs barely have more morale. Old area mobs died when you sneezed at them and udun mobs twice the morale pool so try sneezing at them twice. Extremely easy area, I soloed udun on one valared char without LIs and never dropped bellow 50% morale. And during testing when area was actually better balanced instead of faceroll it ended to live did same with class I never play and worse armor.

Moria didnt need stat change on mobs because mobs were balanced. Pre mordor mobs are total laughing stock. Even my guardian oneshotted those with good crits... You do not need finesse to survive mordor. Even as light class you will get at top 10% resist. 90% of hits scored.

Guess it comes down to playstyle preference plus RL time we have to spare on grind.

I've only been playing for 5 years so I didn't get to see the "good old days" but the necessity to stop and think, figure out the problem or do a bit of research seems natural when playing a game like this. The mobs suddenly hit harder, ok, let's see what would help stats-wise. Maybe change my virtues or check my mits. I found it refreshing as we can't(and imo shouldn't) have everything spelled out and served to us.

And yet I've never paid much attention to my setup before Udun as handling a champion on landscape is easy - I've learned more about that class since Mordor launch than I did in all the years before. And it was fun.

Was that a great expansion? No. Are dailies and grind bad? Gods, yes. Is the new zone a treat lore-wise? Yup.

I don't get it what is point of MMO if you do not want to group? play single player game and enjoy single player exp. to be fair I would like more aggressive forceing from devs to group up meaning more harder areas so people would only progress if grouped up. And sure I dont mind if later once once we get lvl cap increase group areas become solo areas to lvl up faster but on lvl cap group content could be main content on open land.

interesting discussion -- it sounds like because you haven't been able to group to get ash to enhance your gear and stats, you're having difficulty soloing regions that are designed around players who have the gear you can purchase from Ash. I have personally had no issue soloing the new area at all as a minstrel, but I also went in to the new area with a solid build from Ash gear.

What would probably help to resolve the situation is a viable solo method of getting ash -- or making ash tradeable. I only have one toon to spend Ash on so I"m almost constantly near the 10,000 cap. I would love to be able to sell 1000 Ash for even 10 or 15 gold to help someone out.

Sorry to hear of your troubles.

Quote Originally Posted by Alko View Post
    I don't get it what is point of MMO if you do not want to group? play single player game and enjoy single player exp. to be fair I would like more aggressive forceing from devs to group up meaning more harder areas so people would only progress if grouped up. And sure I dont mind if later once once we get lvl cap increase group areas become solo areas to lvl up faster but on lvl cap group content could be main content on open land.
    Great way to ensure solo players are waiting to buy updates until they can be played solo or just leave. This is a great game but honestly if I had started when it came out I probably be gone a month later.

Point of a MMO: I can interact with other players. That shouldn't mean I have to group with them to be able to play.

There are different aspects to the game, whether it's pve, pvp, group, solo, raids whatever. It's legit to raise concerns about any particular aspect. Solo play is very much a recognized part of the game, has been considered in the past regarding content and should continue to be. One issue with solo characters only now heading into Mordor is that they've eliminated the landscape ashable gear drops because of the massive raid farming of landscape. This makes it more difficult for a solo char without higher level alts to get properly geared up. This is the second time relatively recently that they did this with new content (Wastes rep drops being the other). They really should look at changing the raid loot mechanics, rather than entirely eliminating landscape drops, because the removal hurt the solo player disproportionately. Beyond that, the nature of the classes is such that some will struggle more with solo landscape than others. However, it really does help to have the better 115 gear out of Mordor before venturing into the Northern Strongholds territory. Just doing the "epic 2.0" (aka Black Book) quest line through NS you will get nice chest, leg and cloak gear. There are also craftable neck, head and pocket pieces and then of course there's the gold essences. So you'll have a chance to gear up further before having to worry about the dailies. Also, as was mentioned previously, many of the dailies don't require combat, or really minimal combat (e.g. for the former, clean mud, posting notices, talking to NPCs, the latter fighting cave claws in Erebor). The quests plus the easy dailies will help you gear up for the more difficult ones.

I have to agree with you. Having to get new armor with new stats to start a new area is just bad. Quest rewards from the previous update should have been enough. Thankfully I was able to level to 108 outside of Mordor and then join ash farms to 115. I also was able to get my dps legacies maxed thanks to the festivals. I don't think that was intended but most definitely was the result and one of the mostly recommended solutions here on the forums next to "just group". The second one by now has become close to impossible since most players have moved on to N Mirkwood and/or are just doing dailies in Mordor.

Even with these steps taken TU later on becomes another stumbling block. I probably could have managed it but was thankful when a kinnie grouped with me. It still was very tedious and depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by wispsong View Post
    Great way to ensure solo players are waiting to buy updates until they can be played solo or just leave. This is a great game but honestly if I had started when it came out I probably be gone a month later.

Point of a MMO: I can interact with other players. That shouldn't mean I have to group with them to be able to play.
    Ok tell me this what % of Mordor landscape quests are marked as group? Have done questing in Mordor on 4 character can't remember having any trouble doing them solo and still I was grouping to make them faster in few areas. And in NM I am on my 4th character no landscape quest you need or must to be grouped to do. Well scorges maybe but this is optional so what I say I think ~99% of quests are designed so you could do them solo. So if you encountered group content change your stile and group up for a moment maybe you will enjoy but don't go asking to make content solo friendly because you will get people like me who will say we want more group content!!! Well actually would be nice to have dev commenting how much content they are doing as group. Some proper stats would be nice do not want go load quest log and do manual counting....

Quote Originally Posted by siipperi View Post
    Apart of the few warbands there is no group content on new area. It's 100% solo otherwise.

As of dailies go... You can literally do dailies on new area without having any combat at all lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by siipperi View Post
    Omg... Mobs barely have more morale. Old area mobs died when you sneezed at them and udun mobs twice the morale pool so try sneezing at them twice. Extremely easy area, I soloed udun on one valared char without LIs and never dropped bellow 50% morale. And during testing when area was actually better balanced instead of faceroll it ended to live did same with class I never play and worse armor.

Moria didnt need stat change on mobs because mobs were balanced. Pre mordor mobs are total laughing stock. Even my guardian oneshotted those with good crits... You do not need finesse to survive mordor. Even as light class you will get at top 10% resist. 90% of hits scored.
    I totally agree with these posts. Most of the players in LOTRO have little knowledge of how to play their class at a high level and complain when things get a *little* bit hard on landscape quest content. I mean.... really? There are bigger problems in-game than this.

Case in point: From today's patch notes.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    It should be easier to find indecisive shoppers in A Patron of Commerce in Dale.
    How many times do the developers need to change this one quest? People were able to spam the emotes 3 times on the same shopper since day 1 of the Mirkwood update, and complete the quest without any problems. This was a non-issue from the get-go.
    The same people who know how to spam the /cheer emote in the Yule Festival Snowbeast quest fail to do the same on a Dale shopper quest. Unbelievable.

True and agreed, you shouldn't spend money on ####, if it's not meeting your requirements.
    That only encourages them to stop innovating or better the game, for good.
    It encourages lazyness and self-sufficiency, when they should interact with their playerbase. (What else do they have to do with their time? It's their job! Then they shouldn't have taken the job at an MMO-game.)
    You can easily grind any region with the previous regions bought, when you're already at Mordor, just roll a new toon, through all the areas/regions, up to Mordor and you'll see how much LPs you'll have.
    It's all about end-game nowadays anyways, so you don't have to spend anything to get anything, until you hit the Mordor and ash-stuff, then maybe you can Pay-2-Win, but before that is just a waste of money/resources anyways, if you ask me.
    Everything in-game is bought anyhow with in-game Gold from the in-game Store, so don't see the use of real money in this game anymore, yeah, maybe only fanboyz would think like that this game needs all the money they can get, but that's just sad and doesn't do any good to the state of this game.
    One man can have a million dollars or you can have a million people having one dollar, but I rather have a million people having a million dollars, that they also don't really mind spending on whatever.
    People with one dollar are usually greedy anyways and I wouldn't want to take their last dollar anyways, so I don't want to cater to those type of bums, haha.

Hahaha, this game is so messed up, it needs a life-saver or a Go Fund Me page like someone on this forum suggested. Haha... Amazing! Or so at least it looks like...

Game would be so much better if it (landscape) was designed like 2007. Combat takes 10-30s+ per mob for any class. good 60-70% of quests are solo, 20-25% small FS and 10-15% fellowship quests. That balance, level of interaction between players and all that is what creates MMO atmosphere and living world. That also means that landscape quests can't be facerolled in one evening but finding group, and so on are part of the experience and progressing is naturally slower without throttling experience artificially like they do now.

Quote Originally Posted by subadar View Post
    did Mordor solo on a hunter, minstrel and guardian.
    I'm pretty sure nobody though he was talking about any of those classes.

I remember when you had to go to the area where a raid or group instance was going to do. I remember when the Great Barrows would take an afternoon as it was not broke up into sections like it is now. Rift was also that way and max level was 40. BTW, I started with Shadows of Angmar, the shire had about 150 quests and the story line was group efforts. Even Frodo didn't go to Mordor alone. You actually had to interact with people and a pug would not be a total disaster.

When the game went forced solo and every monster became nearsighted it became a joke for quite a while. It was not kind to couples and many couples left the game and didn't come back until the devs realized that couple paid the most for subscriptions and cosmetics. It was then that things started to change as Standing Stone started to change things. Now only a portion of the epic is a pain (forced solo) but what was once forced is now going to single, duo/small fellow and full fellow. That is when the game became fun again, IMO

There were a few one-off quests that I couldn't solo on my hunter, but for the most part it's totally doable. As others have said, you just can't faceroll like you used to. The difficult landscape spots tend to be contained and easily avoidable (Dar Mazur, that olog fort near Dingarth, etc). I like that you can't simply stroll into Mordor, but I do wish they had accomplished it without the new radiance v2.0 gear

Quote Originally Posted by Macroscian View Post
    He's talking about the very latest bit of the game. Not about Mordor.
    Actually, Nymphonic specifically mentioned the Battle of the Black Gate, so it is definitely Mordor.

Maybe I'll have better luck with my LM when she gets there than I had with my guard.
    I've so far done part or all of Mordor on 2 LMs (one solo, one duo), 2 minstrels (both duo) and a hunter (also duo). Had little to no finesse (pretty much whatever my gear gave me) and was fine. I thought the hunter would be different since it uses physical mastery rather than tactical mastery, but it wasn't bad at all. Still will be very curious to see my experience with the guard, champ and RK that are next in line.

I would recommend blue-line LM with your bear, though. Survivability is a lot stronger and pretty important in Mordor.
    R5 105 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 115 MNS Fayah/115 LM Siennah/115 HNT Dinenol/115 RK Dhurik
    115 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/61 BUR Dhax/115 WDN Godoric
    R9 115 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast