We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

[PLAYER HOUSING] Zoned Apartments/Rooms in Lake-Town and Dale

Everquest II used to have (I haven't played it in a long time, so I don't know if it's still so) one of the best housing systems I've ever seen. Beyond the hook-less placement (which I know is not feasible in LOTRO), it also had apartments for rent whereby clicking on a door in an inn or tavern would zone each player to their own rented apartment. Rather than building a whole new housing zone (which is great but takes more time and resources), I think something like this could be implemented more quickly and easier. We could hopefully have real windows this time too, as the (simulated) views of the long lake and the mountains would be spectacular, and something like this wouldn't suffer from the general emptiness of housing neighborhoods as hub cities are always buzzing. This system could be applied to other locales like Bree, Minas Tirith, etc.
    Last edited by elianidd2; Mar 14 2018 at 01:52 PM.
    My picture blog - Landscapes of Arda
    https://www.tumblr.com/blog/landscapesofarda

Quote Originally Posted by elianidd2 View Post
    Everquest II used to have (I haven't played it in a long time, so I don't know if it's still so) one of the best housing systems I've ever seen. Beyond the hook-less placement (which I know is not feasible in LOTRO), it also had apartments for rent whereby clicking on a door in an inn or tavern would zone each player to their own rented apartment. Rather than building a whole new housing zone (which is great but takes more time and resources), I think something like this could be implemented more quickly and easier. We could hopefully have real windows this time too, as the (simulated) views of the long lake and the mountains would be spectacular, and something like this wouldn't suffer from the general emptiness of housing neighborhoods as hub cities are always buzzing. This system could be applied to other locales like Bree, Minas Tirith, etc.
    Same thing in ESO.

/signed

Sergio :-)
    Moved from Riddermark to Landroval on 2/10/1015!

I think apartments would be a wonderful idea. Specifically, because it's difficult to set up new player "housing" in areas where all races are not equally represented. It would make more sense that an adventurer (of any race) would temporarily take up residence in an apartment. Also, it would be easier to design (I think), as they would only need to design one area, with a separate instance on just the inside.

Either way, I'd like this.

I like the idea, but I also like my exterior decorating space.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyLeopard View Post
    I like the idea, but I also like my exterior decorating space.
    Maybe add a Balcony area?