We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Unhappy Instance quest: Incident in the camps

OK, has anyone with a low DPS class (Beorning) and without a full set of raid gear completed this instance quest? https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Que...t_in_the_Camps.
    There are 3 angry easterlings that apparently come at you all at once. It states in the wiki that you must defeat all 3 roughly at the same time. This is solo and I cannot complete it to carry on through the quest chain.
    I have decent gear and empowered abyssal essences running blue (hide) line.
    Any suggestions???
    A disheartened bear here

Kite Them

Kite them and take them down, individually, until they are about half. They will, eventually, decide that talking is better and you can move onto the next one. It is a frustrating instance. No doubt.
    Saeri
    Heir of Seawing of Dwarrowdelf
    Leader - Legion of the Yankee Wench

I rode around them on my warstead while I slowly whittled them down with ranged skills. Do you have anything similar on a Beorning?

Any suggestion how to do this instance with a Mini? I am stuck on this quest ....

No one can help? Please?

Quote Originally Posted by Carlina View Post
    No one can help? Please?
    Stay back always, wait for the mobs to become active, fear one, stun another, use song of distraction, use war-steed (light war-steed has a fear that doesn't get broken) etc..etc..

Lots of options.
    Chromite/Grumbletocks/Grumbletunes/Schrade on Landroval, Chromite on Arkenstone, Appendage on Brandywine

Fellow Bear, Hi. Yes I completed that instance the first time so I do not remember anything special about it. I don't think that I took them down at the same time, but just did it today, so they may have tweaked it in the last patch.

So far the only qiest that I have had trouble with is the Instance: The Reach of Justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ainworth View Post
    Fellow Bear, Hi. Yes I completed that instance the first time so I do not remember anything special about it. I don't think that I took them down at the same time, but just did it today, so they may have tweaked it in the last patch.

So far the only qiest that I have had trouble with is the Instance: The Reach of Justice.
    I've only taken my Guard into the new zone and it has been a struggle at times. I got through The Reach of Justice instance using mounted combat. The instance area has a lot of flat open space to ride around in, but some care is needed to not aggro too many groups of brigands at the same time.

The one instance that has me stuck is Acolyte of the Necromancer. With my guard geared the way it is right now I cannot find a combination of defence and dps that will get me through this instance. I'll probably ask for help in chat to get through it.

As for Incident in the Camps, I got through that with a not-great dps setup on my guard using a combination of sword & shield, buffing scrolls, buffing & regen food and a hope/edhelharn token to give myself some more morale. It was a matter of outlasting the mobs due to a large morale buffer and in-combat self heals to slow down how fast they were getting through my morale. There were a couple of landscape quests where I used my skirmish helper (herbalist/healer) as well, but skirmish helpers can't be summoned inside quest instances. For a class that can't rely on having a big morale pool, crowd control (fear/stun/root/mez) or kiting is likely to be the solution.
    Therina - Hobbit Guard Rongo - Hobbit Warden
    Frood - Man Minstrel Garmun - Man Captain
    Zorosi - Dwarf Champ Froodaroon - Elf Hunter
    Southern Defenders - Arkenstone (formerly Elendilmir)

i was so lucky to trap 1 and use bards arrow on other, yes im a hunter, then focus on 3. bringing him to surrender, then focus on the 2. and quick stun 1. but i manage to get 2/3 to surrender but the last one killed me, after i returned they were still there and i only needed to clear the remaining last 1.. but it is a dance of crowd control and damage and selfheals...
    took me forever to learn the steps of the dance, and i was close to give it all up and relog to other alts and have some pie in the shire, but it is doable...
    good luck and stay safe