We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Splash Screens Update?

Not sure if there's been a thread on this already (tried searching but captcha function is bugged so can't complete search). Can we get an update to the splash screens (the screens that show up when something is loading)? The harvestmath festival was last fall and I shouldn't still be seeing an advertisement for it. Or there was one advertising a sale that went through Jan 1st. This hasn't been much of an issue in the past, and I'm hoping that if someone has time to work on this that'd be great! Would be a nice way to advertise new update and current sales; I also liked the region highlight ones that show a screenshot of ones to remind you how cool they were. Thanks!
    Gwinthilnel: Elleth Hunter lvl 115~~~Hadniel: Woman Minstrel lvl 107~~~Gwynduilas: High Elleth Captain lvl 58 ~~~Gwindethen: Elleth Runekeeper lvl 23
    Kin: Defiance
    Evernight

Must be some way to code a time limit on the splash screens when they get added by the coders, and then the system replaces the screen/s randomly from a list of landscape shots or something. Just an idea.

The splash screens are being updated, but there's some bug in some but not all game clients where the launcher isn't downloading the new splash screens. Typically this is done when initially launching the launcher, and the messaging relates to downloading screens in various languages. I've noticed on my home machine that after I went into the install folder and manually deleted the old splash screens, the new ones would download. Meanwhile, all of the LOTRO computers I use that are not at home continue to update their splash screens fine.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Google+ - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Find Cordovan on: Twitter Instagram
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Quote Originally Posted by Gwinthilnel View Post
    Not sure if there's been a thread on this already (tried searching but captcha function is bugged so can't complete search). Can we get an update to the splash screens (the screens that show up when something is loading)? The harvestmath festival was last fall and I shouldn't still be seeing an advertisement for it. Or there was one advertising a sale that went through Jan 1st. This hasn't been much of an issue in the past, and I'm hoping that if someone has time to work on this that'd be great! Would be a nice way to advertise new update and current sales; I also liked the region highlight ones that show a screenshot of ones to remind you how cool they were. Thanks!
    The fix has been posted many many times before. Go into your LOTRO directory. Find the "raw" folder, then "en", then "logo" and delete the entire folder. Start game and boom your all good. You can even make your own splashscreens.

Are there splash screens for Update 22? I have not seen any and i even went into the folder to delete and have it re-download splash screens, but still nothing for U22.
    Pontin Level 115 Hobbit Burglar Kinship Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server. Staff member of the Lord of the Rings Discord Server, and Owner of Middle-Earth Lore discord.
    Alts: Legoan Elf Hunter, Belladonea Hobbit Minstrel, Unnari Dwarf Guardian, Jorunn Man Captain, Sallyberry Hobbit Warden. Laurelin Server, Edwell Man Hunter.

Here's some of my Screenshots Throughout Middle Earth. Also can follow me on Twitter for Adventures in Middle Earth and more!

Quote Originally Posted by letsinod3 View Post
    The fix has been posted many many times before. Go into your LOTRO directory. Find the "raw" folder, then "en", then "logo" and delete the entire folder. Start game and boom your all good. You can even make your own splashscreens.
    I'm sorry, lol, but I'm so computer illiterate; could you please tell me exactly the steps I need to take to accomplish this? For example, I can't locate the "raw" folder; would you please tell me where to go? Thanks so much!

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The splash screens are being updated, but there's some bug in some but not all game clients where the launcher isn't downloading the new splash screens. Typically this is done when initially launching the launcher, and the messaging relates to downloading screens in various languages. I've noticed on my home machine that after I went into the install folder and manually deleted the old splash screens, the new ones would download. Meanwhile, all of the LOTRO computers I use that are not at home continue to update their splash screens fine.
    I've done that at home, but the screens that get redownloaded include a points sale notice that ends on 1/1. So I'm not sure that's working correctly - or maybe the wrong image is in rotation.

I just deleted all teleport-screens, and the redownloaded still contain fall festival on french and german client... english teleport screens got rid of fall festival

Quote Originally Posted by SharlaSedai View Post
    I'm sorry, lol, but I'm so computer illiterate; could you please tell me exactly the steps I need to take to accomplish this? For example, I can't locate the "raw" folder; would you please tell me where to go? Thanks so much!
    Right-click on the "Lord of the Rings Online" icon on your desktop and select "Open file location". In that window, scroll until you see the folder "raw", double-click to open that folder. Double-click to open the "en" folder, double-click to open the "logo" folder, select everything in that folder (ctrl-A) and delete.

Quote Originally Posted by b-morgan View Post
    Right-click on the "Lord of the Rings Online" icon on your desktop and select "Open file location". In that window, scroll until you see the folder "raw", double-click to open that folder. Double-click to open the "en" folder, double-click to open the "logo" folder, select everything in that folder (ctrl-A) and delete.
    Thank you very much!!

Quote Originally Posted by MandravalGalabian View Post
    I just deleted all teleport-screens, and the redownloaded still contain fall festival on french and german client... english teleport screens got rid of fall festival
    This is what happens for me as well.
    << Co-founder of The Firebrands of Caruja on Landroval >>
    Ceolford of Dale, Dorolin, Tordag, Garberend Bellheather, Colfinn Belegorn, Garmo Butterbuckles, Calensarn Nimlos, Langtiriel, Bergteir

Quote Originally Posted by b-morgan View Post
    I'll give this a try, thanks!
    Gwinthilnel: Elleth Hunter lvl 115~~~Hadniel: Woman Minstrel lvl 107~~~Gwynduilas: High Elleth Captain lvl 58 ~~~Gwindethen: Elleth Runekeeper lvl 23
    Kin: Defiance
    Evernight