We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Angry Lagging all through the weekend

Starting on Thursday, the lag started increasing, with every day. By Sunday, there were times where it was nearly impossible to play. "Strobing" and hitching across the landscape, HUGE delays in skills execution, etc. It was everywhere I played, not limited to the new area. I barely went into Northern Mirkwood, instead I was in instances and out in Mordor. Around Minas Tirith was worse than usual (although I at least rarely crash there, many of my kinnies crash regularly in and around MT. Still)
    Just terrible. What is going on?
    Linden Starfall, Leader of Mithril Crowns of Elendilmir and Arkenstone

I wonder if the servers need another reboot. I don't think it's all of them. My questing buddy and I had a few moments of lag on Landroval but were mostly unhindered. We played almost exclusively in Mordor, in case that makes any difference.
    R5 105 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 115 MNS Fayah/110 LM Siennah/115 HNT Dinenol/110 RK Dhurik
    101 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/61 BUR Dhax/115 WDN Godoric
    R9 115 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

This was the first weekend since the new update was released, I would imagine many more players logged in during the weekend than usual which would strain the servers and cause lag. It's hardly the first time it happened. The new "upgraded" servers simply can't keep up. My personal experience has been worse on average since the servers got merged in early 2016 compared to before. Sometimes it's not bad at all, sometimes it's absolutely terrible and makes me want to log off, but on average it's an annoyance that I learned to live with.

On the bright side, as more casual players finish questing in the new zone and log off until the next update rolls out (many can't and won't grind the end-game like myself) the lag situation should improve itself.

I've had a lot of lag lately too, including an entire fight in an instance that only I was in (obviously I died). If this is connected to the new filter, then I'm going to be even more upset about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Int View Post
    I've had a lot of lag lately too, including an entire fight in an instance that only I was in (obviously I died). If this is connected to the new filter, then I'm going to be even more upset about it.
    Are you going to drag that into every thread?
    R5 105 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 115 MNS Fayah/110 LM Siennah/115 HNT Dinenol/110 RK Dhurik
    101 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/61 BUR Dhax/115 WDN Godoric
    R9 115 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval