We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Housing frustrations

Ok I love playing with my housing.

Yet I get so frustrated with the inability to truly decorate something.

You have areas in the game where there are sets, Example:
    A bed with two small tables on either side.
    A big table with chairs around it.
    A Gondorian bench with two small tables on either side, then two side chairs.
    More variety of carpets.
    Plus many more I would like to see.

If you will not add more hooks, even possible hooks on top of hooks, Can you at least make up housing set.
    Like the feasting table for outside is a recipe, It consists of picnic table, bench, and pies. Crafter put these together, then you have several items combine to make a wonderful housing decoration.

The swan fountain you cant get in the great river area. Can be sized, from large to huge.

Why cant the stage you buy from a festival be sized. It would be more useable to have musical concerts and parties at someone house.
    Corn Is Lore appropiate!!

you think thats frustrating, all i want is my own mead hall.
    BUT NOOOoooooooo
    “If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.”
    ? J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by Ariwen55 View Post
    Ok I love playing with my housing.

Yet I get so frustrated with the inability to truly decorate something.

You have areas in the game where there are sets, Example:
    A bed with two small tables on either side.
    A big table with chairs around it.
    A Gondorian bench with two small tables on either side, then two side chairs.
    More variety of carpets.
    Plus many more I would like to see.

If you will not add more hooks, even possible hooks on top of hooks, Can you at least make up housing set.
    Like the feasting table for outside is a recipe, It consists of picnic table, bench, and pies. Crafter put these together, then you have several items combine to make a wonderful housing decoration.

The swan fountain you cant get in the great river area. Can be sized, from large to huge.

Why cant the stage you buy from a festival be sized. It would be more useable to have musical concerts and parties at someone house.
    How long ago since you looked at LOTRO houses? About a year ago they added a lot of indoors decoration slots to the classic houses & a couple weeks ago there was talk on Bullroarer about doing that as well to premium houses. Also you can move the pieces around to put the where you please since months ago.

Bedroom with tables on the side

Kitchen

Messhall
    Last edited by YamydeAragon; Mar 12 2018 at 01:25 PM.

~ Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth ~

Quote Originally Posted by YamydeAragon View Post
    How long ago since you looked at LOTRO houses? About a year ago they added a lot of indoors decoration slots to the classic houses & a couple weeks ago there was talk on Bullroarer about doing that as well to premium houses. Also you can move the pieces around to put the where you please since months ago.
    I have been playing this game since closed beta. I left and played Rift for while but have been playing this game again for quite a while. If the housing was a little more flexible I would probably spend more point into my virtual doll houses. In th housing newest area are bigger and have more hooks. Yet when you put things in there the spacing around things or just the fact you can’t put two large pieces together without stealing a slot from another room to make it ok good is part of the frustration I’m talking about. To make one room look good you make another room look empty. Think of a large living room, you have a very nice sitting area on one end but completely empty on the other end! Outdoor items are great, you can get large and huge items, yet in the housing if you wanted to have a concert at your house and even invite several bands the stage you get from the festival is to small to really be useable.

Part of the so called fantasy of housing is being able to use it!

Quote Originally Posted by Ariwen55 View Post
    I have been playing this game since closed beta. I left and played Rift for while but have been playing this game again for quite a while. If the housing was a little more flexible I would probably spend more point into my virtual doll houses. In th housing newest area are bigger and have more hooks. Yet when you put things in there the spacing around things or just the fact you can’t put two large pieces together without stealing a slot from another room to make it ok good is part of the frustration I’m talking about. To make one room look good you make another room look empty. Think of a large living room, you have a very nice sitting area on one end but completely empty on the other end! Outdoor items are great, you can get large and huge items, yet in the housing if you wanted to have a concert at your house and even invite several bands the stage you get from the festival is to small to really be useable.

Part of the so called fantasy of housing is being able to use it!
    If your worries are about the new houses, the public stages of the neighborhoods are huge & kinship islands houses have private huge stages as part the islands. & about what i said earlier...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tybur View Post
    Your plea for more housing hooks has been passed along to the developers... I could use more myself :-)

Regarding the lost lore items - it seems eminently reasonable that they should fit in a thin furniture hook... that change should be reflected in this weekend's Bullroarer.
    ... I will not be surprise if that happens in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Jungle_Boogy View Post
    you think thats frustrating, all i want is my own mead hall.
    BUT NOOOoooooooo
    Meadhall or Happyplace as i like to call it

Meadhall or Happyplace as i like to call it
    love your work and amazing attention to detail Yammy,
    but I'm holding out in hope to one day live in a premium Rohirrim housing estate.

“If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.”
    ? J.R.R. Tolkien

If your worries are about the new houses, the public stages of the neighborhoods are huge & kinship islands houses have private huge stages as part the islands. & about what i said earlier...

... I will not be surprise if that happens in the near future.

Unfortunately there are no kinship houses on islands available at this time!
    Yet thank you for the suggestion.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Jungle_Boogy View Post
    love your work and amazing attention to detail Yammy,
    but I'm holding out in hope to one day live in a premium Rohirrim housing estate.

Sadly Photobucket wont let the pictures be seeing on this forums. You will need to user another site, Twitter worked for me, others use Imgur.

I get what you said, i also like the natural wood finish, & will love a premium rohirrim cabin as well.

Yamy, I LOVE your house!
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Nymphonic View Post
    Yamy, I LOVE your house!
    Thanks!