We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by siipperi View Post
    However CoS is not melee unfriendly.
    I disagree. All three bosses have effects that hurt melees more than ranges.
    First boss, intended mechanic is splitting the bosses and killing both in the other room. If a ranged dpser kites the guy, he can do a lot of damage in the time the other two players need to kill the lady. A melee cant do that as he will die to the dot, if he gets in melee range.
    Second boss, the puddles (which arguably can be ignored) for a ranged dd just need him to move some steps, but a melee needs to have the boss outside the puddle to hit him without taking damage. moving the boss out takes time, just moving out the puddle yourself doesnt.
    Third boss, bats are more annoying in melee as they place their dot in melee combat and the puddles in melee combat.

I'm NOT saying it cant be done with melees. But for sure its harder for melees than for ranges. And thats whats called "unfriendly".
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Anführer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

Quote Originally Posted by Oelle View Post
    First boss, intended mechanic is splitting the bosses and killing both in the other room. If a ranged dpser kites the guy, he can do a lot of damage in the time the other two players need to kill the lady. A melee cant do that as he will die to the dot, if he gets in melee range.
    Have the healer kite the guy in the lady's room around the platform area. Take the lady to the guy's room with the tank and dps her there. Tank should be able to survive long enough to kill her by using cooldowns.

Second boss, the puddles (which arguably can be ignored) for a ranged dd just need him to move some steps, but a melee needs to have the boss outside the puddle to hit him without taking damage. moving the boss out takes time, just moving out the puddle yourself doesnt.
    Can just do normal tactic that you do with ranged. No need to move, just make sure the healer can put enough healing to heal through to blasts as Hatred/Rising Ire tiers to max.

Third boss, bats are more annoying in melee as they place their dot in melee combat and the puddles in melee combat.
    This is indeed a pain but the amount of time it takes a champ to kill a group of bats that are being tanked can end up pretty darn fast. The puddles they put down suck, of course. Also, having to get within melee range of Khilnat puts you in danger of that 30 second stun. It's doable but definitely tedious there, I agree.
    Chromite/Grumbletocks/Grumbletunes/Schrade on Landroval, Chromite on Arkenstone, Appendage on Brandywine

Quote Originally Posted by ChromiteSwiftpaw View Post
    Have the healer kite the guy in the lady's room around the platform area. Take the lady to the guy's room with the tank and dps her there. Tank should be able to survive long enough to kill her by using cooldowns.
    Sure. That works. But playing with just one DPSer is already the slow version. with 2 ranged dpsers, its much faster than with 2 melee dpsers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChromiteSwiftpaw View Post

Can just do normal tactic that you do with ranged. No need to move, just make sure the healer can put enough healing to heal through to blasts as Hatred/Rising Ire tiers to max.
    Yea, as I mentioned, the puddles can be ignored. But if you dont, the puddles are more against melee than range.
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Anführer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

Pls dont get into the same argument i got in no one cares you can get it done with whatever class u want. The main point here is the horrible lootbox driven act

Quote Originally Posted by sahanto View Post
    Pls dont get into the same argument i got in no one cares you can get it done with whatever class u want. The main point here is the horrible lootbox driven act
    I dont care about lootboxes... and if you just want to farm ash, you can do lvl105 t1+t2 runs quite fast with every possible class-combination.
    Not as much ash as 115 t2c runs, but the same amount like 115 t1 and goes fast.
    when I did it, those 105 t1+t2 runs usually rewarded me with 3-4 items from the 6 chests, resulting in roughly 200 ash in 15 minutes. thats good enough for faceroll content.

only big benefit of lvl115 runs is runes and those dont drop in lootboxes afaik.

Quote Originally Posted by Oelle View Post
    I dont care about lootboxes... and if you just want to farm ash, you can do lvl105 t1+t2 runs quite fast with every possible class-combination.
    Not as much ash as 115 t2c runs, but the same amount like 115 t1 and goes fast.
    when I did it, those 105 t1+t2 runs usually rewarded me with 3-4 items from the 6 chests, resulting in roughly 200 ash in 15 minutes. thats good enough for faceroll content.

only big benefit of lvl115 runs is runes and those dont drop in lootboxes afaik.
    I dont really have a problem with lootboxes either and 115 t2c seregost give teal items which ash for 120. get 2 of those in 4 chest and one already gets more then u from one run. Now im forced to run the boring as hell 105 runs/buy lootboxes

In the end, the system to run an instance to get loot makes sense. Running it with one toon and looting with another doesnt.
    If it cant be done with some class-combinations or is MUCH harder/slower with some than others, that's an issue of instance design and class-balance.
    I'm not saying every class should be the same or get it done in the same amount of time. But the difference between roles performed by different classes is clearly too big.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3