We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Russian language PvMP+ workaround

It seems Mother Russia hacked something with the new update (I heard they're pretty good at it).

If your PvMP+ is in Russian and you don't want it to be in that language, here's a workaround I found:

Computer > Documents > The Lord of the Rings Online > Plugins > PvMP_Plus > Strings > _init_

Open the file in Notepad, and remove the line

elseif Turbine.Engine:GetLanguage() == Turbine.Language.Russian then
    _G.locale = "ru"

Then save the doc. I also deleted the "ru" doc in the Strings folder, just in case.

Voilà !

Who else is seeing Russian in PvMP that believes they should not be?
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Google+ - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Find Cordovan on: Twitter Instagram
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Everyone should be seeing the Russian text in PvMP+ unless if they had used the workaround or another workaround that people said ingame, which was deleting the ru.lua file and renaming en.lua to ru.lua.

That's not a hack. That line has always been there. I know the guy who made PvMP+ and I just asked him. He said the Russian translation has been there since 2013.

The Turbine/SSG engine is simply returning the wrong language code. Removing the line might fix it for the players, but the bug will still be there.

The OP is referring to a plugin called "PvMP+", which has Russian language support. Any such plugin may stop working after the update:

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...ugins-to-break
    Thurallor, Warden of Landroval
    Author of plugins: SequenceBars, Reminders, others

Ok, thanks for the info.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Google+ - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Find Cordovan on: Twitter Instagram
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Quote Originally Posted by piero83 View Post
    That's not a hack. That line has always been there. I know the guy who made PvMP+ and I just asked him. He said the Russian translation has been there since 2013.

The Turbine/SSG engine is simply returning the wrong language code. Removing the line might fix it for the players, but the bug will still be there.
    That was intended as a joke...I know it's not a hack, just a bug. Thanks for your input though re the plugin creator.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruudwulf View Post
    That was intended as a joke...I know it's not a hack, just a bug. Thanks for your input though re the plugin creator.
    Couldn't tell if you're being serious or not. You can never be sure on game forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Me. Plus a large number of LUA error messages in the chat window.
    Gorkasch | Gormakh | Gorukh | Gormokh
    Six Feet Under | www.six-feet-under.me
    Monster Tribe | Gwaihir

Quote Originally Posted by BelechTheWild View Post
    Me. Plus a large number of LUA error messages in the chat window.
    Combat analysis is affected as well, like was said already is not the plugins but the lotro client saying its supposed to be RUSSIAN any plugin looking for default language will detect RU until resolved. P.S. any changes you make to your PVMP folder i.e. uninstall/reinstall you will lose your history like KB's, tracks, etc. so careful

Quote Originally Posted by Catherine94 View Post
    P.S. any changes you make to your PVMP folder i.e. uninstall/reinstall you will lose your history like KB's, tracks, etc. so careful
    Incorrect. Your character stats is saved under the PLUGINDATA folder whereas the PvMP+ plugin data is in the PLUGINS folder. The "PluginData" folder will remain even after you reinstall the plugin. Or you can just back-up the PluginData folder if you like.

Quote Originally Posted by Catherine94 View Post
    Combat analysis is affected as well, like was said already is not the plugins but the lotro client saying its supposed to be RUSSIAN any plugin looking for default language will detect RU until resolved. P.S. any changes you make to your PVMP folder i.e. uninstall/reinstall you will lose your history like KB's, tracks, etc. so careful
    Combat Analysis works fine for me, it was just PVMP+ (so far)!
    Monster Tribe | Gwaihir

Cordovan says....

(staggered) Do you actually deem this worthy of note?...try logging a creep on Ark witnessing a load of russkie on creep OOC...It will blow your mind mannnnnnn.

Focus.Prioritize.Act.

Thumbs up

Here is another way to deal with it.

Where the command reads :

elseif Turbine.Engine:GetLanguage() == Turbine.Language.Russian then
    _G.locale = "ru"

Simply change "ru" to "en" (Russian to English)

reload pvmp+ or relog the game and problem solved.

I am seeing PvMP+ in Russian. Is there a fix?
    Pouncival Azbiter- Plucky Comic Relief of the Ettenmoors-
    The Warg of The Dance
    DO Not Meddle in the Affairs of Wargs
    For you are crunchy, and taste good with bacon.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by GIR-dog View Post
    I am seeing PvMP+ in Russian. Is there a fix?
    People have posted several fixes in this thread already and you still ask for one? What is wrong with people these days?
    Daenirion RK R10 - [DE]Maiar
    Zordakh Reaver R12 - [DE]Maiar
    Akorax Warg R9 - [DE]Maiar
    Xarakh Defiler R10 - [DE]Vanyar

This problem will be fixed in tomorrow morning's update.

From Update 22.0.1 Release Notes:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Restored a Russian enum value so various Lua plugins no longer display Russian instead of English.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurallor View Post
    This problem will be fixed in tomorrow morning's update.

From Update 22.0.1 Release Notes:
    It is good to see that the important stuff gets fixed immediately!
    Monster Tribe | Gwaihir

TY for the info, it was very helpful. With today's downtime (3.14), however, now PVMP+ is not loading at all.

Quote Originally Posted by DRNA View Post
    TY for the info, it was very helpful. With today's downtime (3.14), however, now PVMP+ is not loading at all.
    What error message are you seeing in the chat window?

What error message are you seeing in the chat window?
    No error message in the chat window at all. Its just not loading when I go through System--Plugin Manager Options. Let's me select the characters but otherwise the Options tab on the Plugin Manager is greyed out. I assumed this was on the game's end because of the language issue last update, but not everyone is having this issue I am told. TY for your response.

No error message in the chat window at all. Its just not loading when I go through System--Plugin Manager Options. Let's me select the characters but otherwise the Options tab on the Plugin Manager is greyed out. I assumed this was on the game's end because of the language issue last update, but not everyone is having this issue I am told. TY for your response.
    This may be a stupid question, but... Did you actually click the "Load" button? Because otherwise it won't be loaded until the next time you login.

This may be a stupid question, but... Did you actually click the "Load" button? Because otherwise it won't be loaded until the next time you login.
    Yes, thanks.

Try a fresh reinstall of PVMP+.