We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Premium outside Gondor

Hi

I hate Gondor, don't want to buy a house there even if I can have my own Kinship private isle. It is about time you release Premium housing to all areas.
    [Please make sure all Premium have the same number of slots]

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by BimBamBom View Post
    Hi

I hate Gondor, don't want to buy a house there even if I can have my own Kinship private isle. It is about time you release Premium housing to all areas.
    [Please make sure all Premium have the same number of slots]
    Will you like a Premium house elvish style at Mirkwood, or a Premium floating house human style at Laketown? What about a Premium dwarven style house at Erebor? ***Hints to the devs.***

~ Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth ~

I can foresee the issue of premium housing limits, unless everyone is allowed one personal and one kin house of each kind. (Example, you can own only one Belfalas, one Lothlorien, one Laketoen, etc house)
    I'm also curious of what the profit is for premium houses. Since lifers and subbers can own them maintenance-free after initial purchase, how much is SSG earning to keep the premium houses going?

I'm all for more premium neighborhoods, but I also don't want this game to feel even more "freemium."

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Nuuma View Post
    ... Since lifers and subbers can own them maintenance-free after initial purchase, how much is SSG earning to keep the premium houses going?

I'm all for more premium neighborhoods, but I also don't want this game to feel even more "freemium."
    They are earning enough that they called the premium houses successful soon after release & added to store & game a lot of new house items. Also lifetime & subscribers are the people that spend real $$$$ on the game.

~ Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth ~

Quote Originally Posted by Nuuma View Post
    I can foresee the issue of premium housing limits, unless everyone is allowed one personal and one kin house of each kind. (Example, you can own only one Belfalas, one Lothlorien, one Laketoen, etc house)
    Allowing players to own one of each is a win-win for everyone, including SSG since it'll mean more purchases.

Would love to see more premium housing in other areas. Like ROHAN.
    Éalá Éarendel engla beorhtast, ofer middangeard monnum sended, ond sóðfæsta sunnan léoma,
    torht ofer tunglas, þú tída gehwane, of sylfum þé symle inlíhtes!
    -
    "Leaving the game plan is a sign of panic, and panic is not in our game plan." - Chuck Noll

Upgrades to Gondor housing:
    Before anything else, the premium houses we already have need way more hooks. They are severely lacking.

Next, I'd like a smaller, cheaper line of premium houses, also in Gondor. Right on the Capes of Belfalas with the others would be ideal, but if there's no room for expansion there, I'm sure there are other spots that would work. These houses would be of the simple, wooden variety you see in parts of Gondor, like Morlad and Ethring. RPers would find this particularly useful, as our Gondorian characters often are not noble lords and ladies and have no reason or means to live in fabulous mansions.

I'd suggest 3 more house types:

Rough House
    Bigger than a classic Simple house, smaller than a classic Deluxe. ~25 MC

Rich House
    Bigger than a classic Deluxe, smaller than a classic Kinship house or a premium Stately one. ~100 MC

Kinship House
    Bigger than a classic Kinship house, smaller than a premium one. ~200 MC

Alternatively just give us the "Rich" one.

Another missed opportunity at the Cape of Belfalas was ship "housing." Let us buy and decorate Gondorian ships for, say, ~250 MC. No yard slots, but you can decorate the main deck as well as two interiors: the below-decks area and your captain's cabin.

Bonus points: add a new slot type for these that lets you change the entire exterior appearance. i.e. Let us have a Dol Amroth swan ship, an elven ship (sorta like the one you see at Celondim), or something more generic. Maybe even a captured corsair ship?

Anyway, with Gondor adequately covered, I can start moving onto the other house types I'd absolutely adore.

Beorning Lodges
    Give us some housing around Grimbeorn's Lodge! (Also please please please let us go inside Grimbeorn's Lodge. That's another thread, but... ugh, please?)

Lothlorien Flets
    Of course I want Lothlorien flet houses. Moving on.

Dale-lands Housing
    I've spent some time on Bullroarer and I'd absolutely love a Laketown-style house over the water. Maybe add a homesteads on the east side of the Long Lake with half the "town" on land and half overlapping onto the water? That way you can pick between a Dale-type house or a Laketown-style one.

Rohan Housing
    Personally I'm not that interested in housing in Rohan, but a lot of other people are and I like housing enough to buy one anyway, so make it happen!

Something for Dwarves
    The thing about Dwarves is that they don't have a whole lot of variety. Maybe Gimli's colonization of the Glittering Caves opens up some new housing opportunities there?

Something for Hobbits
    Maur Tulhau or the Vales of Anduin?

Creep Housing
    As a person who does not do PvMP but does RP as her monster characters, I'd absolutely love some creep housing, but... maybe don't call them houses. Too tame. Lairs?

Not only would they be fun to decorate, but they'd give me a place aside from Gramsfoot where I could RP with complete certainly that my poor, innocent Weaver won't get squished by freeps. There aren't many worse ways to have a RP scene interrupted.

I think for this there'd need to be a few different styles of houses, but they could easily go in one area:

Caves
    Specifically for spiders and wargs, but of course purchasable by orcs and uruks.

Huts
    Orc/uruk dwellings, but purchasable by spiders and wargs. I suppose these could be crude, worn down shacks, but I'd prefer something more like the stone orc domes you see around Mordor.

War Tents?
    Just for more variety.

And of course all these would have different size types. Maybe just a personal version and a tribe version of each?

One more thing. With creep housing there would of course need to be a good selection of creep decorations. Crude furniture, animal skins, and firepits are good places to start. Maybe some little treasure piles. Webs, too, of course, and more macabre stuff - heads on pikes, hanging corpses, half-eaten corpses, skeletons... if it's dead, it works. Pools of blood... Other liquids...

Thoughts?

YES!
    All of this. Well thought out and detailed just enough. Well done LadyLeopard!

Quote Originally Posted by LadyLeopard View Post
    Upgrades to Gondor housing:
    Before anything else, the premium houses we already have need way more hooks. They are severely lacking.

Next, I'd like a smaller, cheaper line of premium houses, also in Gondor. Right on the Capes of Belfalas with the others would be ideal, but if there's no room for expansion there, I'm sure there are other spots that would work. These houses would be of the simple, wooden variety you see in parts of Gondor, like Morlad and Ethring. RPers would find this particularly useful, as our Gondorian characters often are not noble lords and ladies and have no reason or means to live in fabulous mansions.

I'd suggest 3 more house types:

Rough House
    Bigger than a classic Simple house, smaller than a classic Deluxe. ~25 MC

Rich House
    Bigger than a classic Deluxe, smaller than a classic Kinship house or a premium Stately one. ~100 MC

Kinship House
    Bigger than a classic Kinship house, smaller than a premium one. ~200 MC

Alternatively just give us the "Rich" one.

Another missed opportunity at the Cape of Belfalas was ship "housing." Let us buy and decorate Gondorian ships for, say, ~250 MC. No yard slots, but you can decorate the main deck as well as two interiors: the below-decks area and your captain's cabin.

Bonus points: add a new slot type for these that lets you change the entire exterior appearance. i.e. Let us have a Dol Amroth swan ship, an elven ship (sorta like the one you see at Celondim), or something more generic. Maybe even a captured corsair ship?

Anyway, with Gondor adequately covered, I can start moving onto the other house types I'd absolutely adore.

Beorning Lodges
    Give us some housing around Grimbeorn's Lodge! (Also please please please let us go inside Grimbeorn's Lodge. That's another thread, but... ugh, please?)

Lothlorien Flets
    Of course I want Lothlorien flet houses. Moving on.

Dale-lands Housing
    I've spent some time on Bullroarer and I'd absolutely love a Laketown-style house over the water. Maybe add a homesteads on the east side of the Long Lake with half the "town" on land and half overlapping onto the water? That way you can pick between a Dale-type house or a Laketown-style one.

Rohan Housing
    Personally I'm not that interested in housing in Rohan, but a lot of other people are and I like housing enough to buy one anyway, so make it happen!

Something for Dwarves
    The thing about Dwarves is that they don't have a whole lot of variety. Maybe Gimli's colonization of the Glittering Caves opens up some new housing opportunities there?

Something for Hobbits
    Maur Tulhau or the Vales of Anduin?

Creep Housing
    As a person who does not do PvMP but does RP as her monster characters, I'd absolutely love some creep housing, but... maybe don't call them houses. Too tame. Lairs?

Not only would they be fun to decorate, but they'd give me a place aside from Gramsfoot where I could RP with complete certainly that my poor, innocent Weaver won't get squished by freeps. There aren't many worse ways to have a RP scene interrupted.

I think for this there'd need to be a few different styles of houses, but they could easily go in one area:

Caves
    Specifically for spiders and wargs, but of course purchasable by orcs and uruks.

Huts
    Orc/uruk dwellings, but purchasable by spiders and wargs. I suppose these could be crude, worn down shacks, but I'd prefer something more like the stone orc domes you see around Mordor.

War Tents?
    Just for more variety.

And of course all these would have different size types. Maybe just a personal version and a tribe version of each?

One more thing. With creep housing there would of course need to be a good selection of creep decorations. Crude furniture, animal skins, and firepits are good places to start. Maybe some little treasure piles. Webs, too, of course, and more macabre stuff - heads on pikes, hanging corpses, half-eaten corpses, skeletons... if it's dead, it works. Pools of blood... Other liquids...

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by arch07js1 View Post
    YES!
    All of this. Well thought out and detailed just enough. Well done LadyLeopard!
    Hey, thanks. I just have so many houses and I'd be willing to buy so many more. *winks and nudges SSG*

I took this over to the Player Suggestions forum where it's busier: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...ding-New-Areas