We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

What happened to crafting?

I am a returning player with all master of the guild crafters. Working on getting my Warden to mordor and am level 106 right now, so still working on quests around Minis Tirith and on to Far Anorien. I noticed a huge jump in the armor stats that will be at level 115. I think they are tripled or more? Okay, well I am one who crafts a lot of gear for myself and have noticed how bad the crafting tiers have become. Is there basic recipies to buy beyond tier 9? How do I go about getting these and when will my level 95 to 105 gear become useless so to say? Also I see there are no Doomfold recipies in the crafting panel either. I mean no Warden shield, No scholar pockets or jewelry. I have the Anorien gear at 100, but when I made some and put essences in them, they were worse than my level 95 to 105 blue pieces I already had. I mean a blue 100 is worse than a purple 95? What is going on? I also noticed they nerfed the stats on certain crafted items as well. I have the original Anorien warden shield for that I crafted awhile back equipped. I crafted two new ones today and noticed the armor is around 100 pts less on the exact same shield. Is there going to be a fix for this or some kind of update I don't know about? I just can't understand the logic in what they are doing? I hope some changes are made because atm, this just makes no sense.

SSG dropped the crafting guilds as we know them. Any equipment is now bartered for. Unless you like to do the raids...? I'm still working on Minas Tirith and have yet to do all the flower gathering to barter for that armour. I get tired of the repetition since I don't have much time to spend playing. Once you hit Mordor you will have to earn allegiance with man, elf or dwarf and then barter for gear recipes and then grind more for whatever the recipe needs.

You can delve into the forums and find all kinds of threads on Mordor. It seems like there are still a lot of things that need to be fixed, but SSG is plowing ahead with new content all the time for the peeps that have already finished what's there.

I went back to the beginning with the new races to try them out. I can still craft my heart out at least til level 95.

Quote Originally Posted by Dread1 View Post
    SSG dropped the crafting guilds as we know them. Any equipment is now bartered for. Unless you like to do the raids...? I'm still working on Minas Tirith and have yet to do all the flower gathering to barter for that armour. I get tired of the repetition since I don't have much time to spend playing. Once you hit Mordor you will have to earn allegiance with man, elf or dwarf and then barter for gear recipes and then grind more for whatever the recipe needs.

You can delve into the forums and find all kinds of threads on Mordor. It seems like there are still a lot of things that need to be fixed, but SSG is plowing ahead with new content all the time for the peeps that have already finished what's there.

I went back to the beginning with the new races to try them out. I can still craft my heart out at least til level 95.
    Okay well good to know I can at least grind for the recipies. Just seems odd they left out the most basic ones in the doomfield tier that we have had for every crafting profession. Anorien gear is just meh.....and hopefully the gear I have on can get me to this point that I need to grind rep for the recipies. I am assuming the recipes are bound as well and can't be traded to an alt? I may have to use an aria of the valor on a couple alts just to get what I need. I hate doing that as I like the quests and lore, but my crafters would take forever to get to mordor. Thanks for the help.

Yeah, unfortunately they scr*wed the pooch by having the Guild Rep go as high as it did so quickly. Basically, they reached that 280k plateau with T9 and even they couldn't in good conscience add the unbelievable numbers needed to get to a T10, T11, 'To Infinity and Beyond', beyond that. They only got into those 280k levels with Minas Tirith and beyond in regular Rep Factions, where beyond Kindred you became 'Celebrated Drinking Bros', etc. with the Faction. They figured for Crafting to have you grind differently for Recipes, mostly One Shot.

The basic Recipes at Doomfold are very sparse indeed. Crafting, other than getting some Bartered Recipes, has not been much of a priority. Indeed, I just can't fathom the type of food you could cook with any stuff you would find in a place like Mordor anyway. Mounted Relic crafting was given up at Tier 9 as well.

Just not what it used to be.
    It is logical, in view of the times in which we live. But to be logical is not to be right, and nothing on God's earth could ever make it right!
    - Judge Dan Haywood

Quote Originally Posted by Raymore View Post
    Indeed, I just can't fathom the type of food you could cook with any stuff you would find in a place like Mordor anyway.
    I think that's where kale originally came from. Just hold on, three or four more Ages and it'll become trendy.