We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Integrity

Integrity

SSG, in particular Cordovan , this is about your integrity .

Forget about banning people for swearing , forget about banning people for reporting cheats and exploiters , forget about your own GMs bowing to known exploiters , forget about your GMs doing nothing other than “we are investigating....” let’s at least do something about a situation that you caused .

Acknowledge please the complaints that that you have received . They are legion .

I’m telling you now that you are facing a hurricane that you should address in a professional manner . Your silence is appalling .

you owe it to the people that pay your salary , to us , the people who keep SSG going . Without us , your client base , you don’t have a job .

Just ponder a while please and ask yourself the question , “can I do the right thing” ?

Up to you .

Help PVP or destroy it , what will be your legacy ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tirn View Post
    SSG, in particular Cordovan , this is about your integrity .

Forget about banning people for swearing , forget about banning people for reporting cheats and exploiters , forget about your own GMs bowing to known exploiters , forget about your GMs doing nothing other than “we are investigating....” let’s at least do something about a situation that you caused .

Acknowledge please the complaints that that you have received . They are legion .

I’m telling you now that you are facing a hurricane that you should address in a professional manner . Your silence is appalling .

you owe it to the people that pay your salary , to us , the people who keep SSG going . Without us , your client base , you don’t have a job .

Just ponder a while please and ask yourself the question , “can I do the right thing” ?

Up to you .

Help PVP or destroy it , what will be your legacy ?

You're question has already been answered.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-closing/page2

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Here's an overview from Enchanted Learning:

In about 5 billion years from now, the sun will begin to die.

As the Sun grows old, it will expand. As the core runs out of hydrogen and then helium, the core will contract and the outer layers will expand, cool, and become less bright. It will become a red giant star.

After this phase, the outer layers of the Sun will continue to expand. As this happens, the core will contract; the helium atoms in the core will fuse together, forming carbon atoms and releasing energy. The core will then be stable since the carbon atoms are not further compressible.

Then the outer layers of the Sun drift off into space, forming a planetary nebula (a planetary nebula has nothing to do with planets), exposing the core.

Most of its mass will go to the nebula. The remaining Sun will cool and shrink; it will eventually be only a few thousand miles in diameter!

The star is now a white dwarf, a stable star with no nuclear fuel. It radiates its left-over heat for billions of years. When its heat is all dispersed, it will be a cold, dark black dwarf - essentially a dead star (perhaps replete with diamonds, highly compressed carbon).

It is likely that when the sun dies we will have to evaluate our ability to continue developing the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tirn View Post
    ssg, y'all some crooks. fix pvp or no more money, which is it?
    me says, "YEAH!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kristen.Stewart View Post
    irrelevant quote quoted by fanboy says, "game isn't shutting down anytime soon"
    me says, "L2Literate f*k sake"

The game will last for a long time. It's just the PVMP that will gradually die out and is beyond saving at this point IMO. The ettenmoors is a small part of the money that goes to SSG. Too bad tho, so much potential. But Cord said it himself, there's not gonna be any changes to pvmp(and if there are, they are going to be minor). So that's pretty much it for me, PvMP has lost it's potential (atleast this year). I would suggest, if you don't enjoy the game, you quit or take a break.

Quote Originally Posted by galrodan View Post
    The game will last for a long time. It's just the PVMP that will gradually die out and is beyond saving at this point IMO. The ettenmoors is a small part of the money that goes to SSG. Too bad tho, so much potential. But Cord said it himself, there's not gonna be any changes to pvmp(and if there are, they are going to be minor). So that's pretty much it for me, PvMP has lost it's potential (atleast this year). I would suggest, if you don't enjoy the game, you quit or take a break.
    "A long time" is speculation. There is nothing to support that. I look at sites like Steamspy and see no name indy games have more activity than LotRo. The newest games,which I'll add are pvp based mmos have 10 tens of millions playing them at this very moment.

Pvp won't gradually die out. Lack of input from SSG will continue the path set to allow interest in it to die out. Its never a matter of resource time. Its a choice to not apply it by SSG.

It could be true that Ettenmoors draws a small part of the revenue but that is only compared to its importance by SSG.

When Sapience stated that it was a minority of a minority. It became true only as in as much as passive steps where placed incrementally to make that sperg true. Back prior to him saying that nearly 100k players were actively engaged in pvp on a monthly basis. The leader board and other resources proved that. Coincidentally the leader board disappeared shortly after Sapience saying pvp didn't matter to turbine in veiled words.

Also back then there wasn't the massive lag like today. It changed when Turbined subbed out there servers and IT to 3rd parties. That's another reason why Sapience words became truth.

The biggest reason imo is that Turbine and SSG didn't want to deal with the inherent issues that arise from human interaction on a pvp basis.

I find it interesting that the Lore junkies and even the company choose to forget that Tol Ascarnen is specific mentioned by Galadriel as a place of memory and possibly future desire to visit. Lets pretend I didn't say that so the flowers don't wilt.

Cause and effect are a sequence in linear time. Knowing their places helps understanding.

This game won't last much longer its a reality and those who deny it are doing so for selfish desires. Nothing more. You'll find out much like the way,I said would be wrong and unethical. The players deserve better.