We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Forochel - what are the 4 white dots?

I'm sure someone must have encountered these before now, but I've searched both this forum and Google in general and can't find anyone talking about it.

As you ride around Forochel , just outside Pynti-Peldot (11.9N, 68.0W) there are four white dots that show up on the mini-map. They don't correspond to anything on the ground or in the sky that I can see. Does anyone know what they are?

I'd never noticed those before. I just logged in and went looking for them and there they are. It's not an area that I've ever moved into.

My wild guess is that they're just a graphics artifact.
    The Lag is so bad I saw Sara Oakheart outrun someone - kickman77

Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Belegthelion, Ingoror, Gloringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com

Yup, I remember seeing these when I quested through the region myself and I don't know either....Maybe Maid of Lions or another Dev can shed some light on these 4 white dots on the mini map.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherA View Post
    I'm sure someone must have encountered these before now, but I've searched both this forum and Google in general and can't find anyone talking about it.

As you ride around Forochel , just outside Pynti-Peldot (11.9N, 68.0W) there are four white dots that show up on the mini-map. They don't correspond to anything on the ground or in the sky that I can see. Does anyone know what they are?
    Can you post a sreenshoot so we can see what are you talking about?

~ Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth ~

This was a neat thing to track down!

This seems to be the starting locations for four ice grims -- they wander around, so whenever a player gets nearby they probably won't be in this configuration anymore. But when I look at these things under-the-hood, they have a property that should make them invisible to the map-generation process which scans the world and creates the mini-map. But!

For some reason these ice grims were set to be VISIBLE to that process, so when the mini-map was created, unlike every other monster in the game their starting location could be seen from space. I don't know why that would be, but it makes me laugh so I wouldn't want to change it.

That's my best guess for the mystery! There's nothing else here!

MoL

Quote Originally Posted by farmhand99 View Post
    Maid of Lions
    I see what you did there..... +1 farmhand99
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.