We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

@ Devs - New Training Dummy

Quote Originally Posted by Drachyn View Post
    PREVIEW ONLY: A new type of training dummy has been added to the Eyes&Guard Crafting Hall until a more suitable location can be found. This dummy will remain in combat for 3 minutes and will provide damage done information every minute.
    I would love to see a similar training dummy enter live to either replace all existing training dummies or even as a store brought housing item (if the 3 minute in combat state is not suitable for landscape).
    Have not tested it on BR yet, but hopefully it keeps marks (telling mark), dots, debuffs (oathies, ancient craft) etc. active for their full duration rather than just seeing those drop off.

Any plans?
    Knight | Captain | Arkenstone | Rainbows & Unicorns

Quote Originally Posted by Knight.Arkenstone View Post
    I would love to see a similar training dummy enter live to either replace all existing training dummies or even as a store brought housing item (if the 3 minute in combat state is not suitable for landscape).
    Have not tested it on BR yet, but hopefully it keeps marks (telling mark), dots, debuffs (oathies, ancient craft) etc. active for their full duration rather than just seeing those drop off.

Any plans?
    I agree with all of this.

Training dummies need additional functionality

The new dummies on BR are awesome! Finally something to track meaningful parses on a consistent target that can be repeated as often as you like. Please get these on to live servers before the expansion comes out!!

But I do have a couple of suggestions:
    1) Make a healing version of them as well - Healers need to practice and experiment with their rotations as well
    2) In addition to reporting back the overall DPS reading for the parse, please have the dummy track a rolling 15 or 30 second window of avg DPS as well. When doing a parse over several mins there are some peaks and valleys in the DPS reading. It would be interesting to see what your peak sustained DPS is but not the absolute peak (hence the 15 or 30 sec window) to give you a sense of what you are capable of hitting and comparing against the overall parse. This way if there is a big difference between the peak 30 sec window and the overall parse, it points to things that need changed in your rotation.

Again, love the new dummies,

One more thing, please put more dummies in the crafting hall and given them unique names. It's confusing when two people are using them as you can't easily tell which dummy is reporting back DPS numbers
    Last edited by danedrow; Feb 12 2018 at 11:23 PM.
    Staerek - Officer - Rimsilval Kinship - Elendilmir

Quote Originally Posted by danedrow View Post
    But I do have a couple of suggestions:
    1) Heal someone who is in combat with a training dummy, use combat analysis to track heal data.
    2) Use combat analysis.

The new dummies are useful by themselves but if you want to get full functionality out of them you should really be using them in conjunction with combat analysis. Doesn't make much sense for the devs to add such functionality when players already have easy access to it.
    ~ Balance is a game of give and take, at the end of the day even Beornings need nerfs. ~

Quote Originally Posted by Joedangod View Post
    1) Heal someone who is in combat with a training dummy, use combat analysis to track heal data.
    2) Use combat analysis.

The new dummies are useful by themselves but if you want to get full functionality out of them you should really be using them in conjunction with combat analysis. Doesn't make much sense for the devs to add such functionality when players already have easy access to it.
    1) You assume that the person either has a friend willing to do DPS parses on the dummy while they heal them or they have time to wait for someone to show up AND they have CA working on BR.
    2) CA doesn't give you the peak window that I'm talking about, it just gives you a running average DPS over the entire encounter, so apples to oranges
    Staerek - Officer - Rimsilval Kinship - Elendilmir

Healing is all about reacting to changing situation, there is no real benefit of trying to do that on some trainining dummy.

Anyone know if devs have confirmed (stream or otherwise) whether or not the new training dummy will enter live?
    The demand is definitely there.

./signed

We definitely need this dummy on live aswell. Either as new spot(s) in new areas, or as a housing item. Since the dummy will be level 115, maybe it will be best to put it in new areas, but having it in personal house or kinhouse would be cool aswell. Anyways, these dummies are really, really nice, and the only legit way to test out classes who got bleeds.

ps: Marks and buffs is on the dummy for full time of the 3min parse, which is really nice aswell.

Just to reiterate that we would love to see this training dummy in live.

Just to reiterate that we would love to see this training dummy in live.
    +1 to training dummy going live.

Cheers,
    Vala
    Valanduin [Champ] & Valanduir [Warden] & Valanur [RK]
    Gwaihir [EU-DE] | Die Reiter von Rohan

Any word on how these dummies work for LM's? Regular dummies (like other things in game, for example cauldrons in CoS) are not affected by loremaster hotspots like Sticky Gourd or Ring of Fire if memory serves.

Would really like to see this take shape in some form, the Training Dummies at the Ettinmoors are unsuitable for DPS testing. Also good for lowbie toons that still need class deeds done. /signed
    Bluezombie - 115 Captain, Kogasa - 68 Guardian, Yamame - 109 Hunter, Doremy - 48 Beorning, Susumu - 38 Champion, Suwako - 30 Warden, Tewi - 25 Guardian

Proud Member (And Discord Admin) of The Phantom Riders of Rushgore - Gladden

Quote Originally Posted by Anduil View Post
    +1 to training dummy going live.

Cheers,
    Vala
    Would love to buy one for my house/yard +2
    “If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.”

Is there any technical reason why this can not be offered on live as a LOTRO store item that can placed in our houses as a Small Yard Hook / Small Furniture Hook?
    Would this impact server performance for example?

Is there any technical reason why this can not be offered on live as a LOTRO store item that can placed in our houses as a Small Yard Hook / Small Furniture Hook?
    It shouldn't impact server performance, especially as a housing item. The Housing zones are instanced and shouldn't have any effect on separate or non instanced layers. I'm really not sure why this hasn't been implemented yet, as longer duration training dummies have been available on BR for years. My best guess is that the small team of Dev's we currently have are tied up in class work and future u23 work, and this specific issue will continue to occupy the backseat.

Im not 100% sure about this theory..but i think the reason they dont give them to you is fear of people just macoring there and getting all their skill deeds done...atleast when there is on at the moors you can get from vip, but if its like this people can just buy it one time instead of paying vip

Quote Originally Posted by gaara908776 View Post
    It shouldn't impact server performance, especially as a housing item. The Housing zones are instanced and shouldn't have any effect on separate or non instanced layers. I'm really not sure why this hasn't been implemented yet, as longer duration training dummies have been available on BR for years. My best guess is that the small team of Dev's we currently have are tied up in class work and future u23 work, and this specific issue will continue to occupy the backseat.
    Its not been there for ages. Just past 2 rounds of testing, developed specifically for these balance passes. Years ago they put shorter reset time on dummies because issues it caused to server when groups killed them. So its indeed very new item. They have also expressed interest of having it as housing item but some things move so slow with them.

Quote Originally Posted by siipperi View Post
    They have also expressed interest of having it as housing item but some things move so slow with them.
    Good to know it’s at least being considered.
    I’d happily put my hand to my pocket and buy a few of these for the kin house and one for my personal house.

Would love to see the new training dummys on the live servers (housing item AND replacing the existing ones).

*casts resurrection on thread*

Yes. Please.
    Last edited by Kaztiel; Aug 17 2018 at 11:10 PM.

Any thoughts / update from devs on this please?

Having 3-minute training dummy on live would be so sweet. Would for sure pay for one if they made one a housing item.