We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Is getting through the Mordor xpac mandatory to go there?

Edited because I typed "Moria" instead of "Mordor". *sighs and bangs head on desk*
    Last edited by Nymphonic; Feb 12 2018 at 09:37 PM.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

Quote Originally Posted by Nymphonic View Post
    Is getting through the Moria xpac mandatory to go there?
    I don't know if there is a level requirement, but there is a swift travel (free to all, even f2p) from South Mirkwood into the new areas (presumably into North Mirkwood, but I don't have BR patched up). So the only requirement I think would be to have the Mirkwood landing complete, so at least level 60 or so. This means no lowbies, unless they unlock more swift options from other major cities (like Bree).

Moria wouldn't be necessary since you can swing through Eregion, Enedwaith, Dunland, West Rohan, East Rohan, Great River and Lorien to reach the Mirkwood shores.

Quote Originally Posted by Sito_Origami View Post
    A spoiler alert would have been nice. I still don't have a clue what this is all about other than unreleased content from the beta server?

if it's not marketed, I guess the reason is it's still in testing.
    BR testing usually takes 4-6 weeks, which isn't a whole lot of time for marketing. Bliz has already launched their marketing for their next expansion, which doesn't arrive for several months.

I'm not sure what you mean about a spoiler alert, though. We've known about this since last November's EP letter and this thread's title is "U22 areas look amazing" so what else would it be?

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...i-A-Look-Ahead
    R5 105 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 115 MNS Fayah/110 LM Siennah/115 HNT Dinenol/110 RK Dhurik
    101 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/61 BUR Dhax/115 WDN Godoric
    R9 115 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

Will we have traversable lands to get there? If you measure with Tolkien's scale, The distance between Bree to Rivendell is about the same distance from The Black Gate to southern Mirkwood almost to The Narrows point of Mirkwood. Which is really not far into Mirkwood being as great as it is. Gladden Fields, Old Ford and Old Forest Road? Carrock? Forest Gate?

http://www.mistercosmic.com/images/3...H%20map_v2.jpg
    I amar prestar aen. Han mathon ne nen. Han mathon ned cae. A han noston ned gwilith.
    Palenen - Elendilmir - The royal gem of Arnor - "May you 'Jingle Jangle' into the West."
    Alliance of the North -> The Team (Elendilmir) - Conviction (Vilya) - DoME (Gladden)

Quote Originally Posted by Mar-Evayave View Post
    I don't know if there is a level requirement, but there is a swift travel (free to all, even f2p) from South Mirkwood into the new areas (presumably into North Mirkwood, but I don't have BR patched up). So the only requirement I think would be to have the Mirkwood landing complete, so at least level 60 or so. This means no lowbies, unless they unlock more swift options from other major cities (like Bree).

Moria wouldn't be necessary since you can swing through Eregion, Enedwaith, Dunland, West Rohan, East Rohan, Great River and Lorien to reach the Mirkwood shores.

I meant Mordor, sorry.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

Quote Originally Posted by Palenen View Post
    Will we have traversable lands to get there? If you measure with Tolkien's scale, The distance between Bree to Rivendell is about the same distance from The Black Gate to southern Mirkwood almost to The Narrows point of Mirkwood. Which is really not far into Mirkwood being as great as it is. Gladden Fields, Old Ford and Old Forest Road? Carrock? Forest Gate?

http://www.mistercosmic.com/images/3...H%20map_v2.jpg
    Right now as of build 1, there’s 4 possible ways to expand outward:

• South of Lake-Town
    • East of Dale
    • North of Erebor
    • West of Mirkwood

Not to give anyone false hope, but Update 22 seems to be built on top of the existing Rhovanion landmass in the game (which is why there’s still only 4 cell.dats) where the instances were made back in 2012/2013. It also appears that the Beorning exclusive region Vales of Anduin have been moved to sit just outside the Forest Gate (west exit). Currently there’s no way to reach either zone from one another, but even still if we could there’d be no way southward to Gladden Fields. This could be something in a later update... part of chasing up the site where Isildur died and the house of Valandil started.

Moved to Bullroarer forums. Thanks! We want this on the Bullroarer forums because some folks don't want things spoiled for them.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Google+ - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Find Cordovan on: Twitter Instagram
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Lake Town especially looks great, and seeing Smaug's bones is a big treat.
    << Co-founder of The Firebrands of Caruja on Landroval >>
    Ceolford of Dale, Dorolin, Tordag, Garberend Bellheather, Colfinn Belegorn, Garmo Butterbuckles, Calensarn Nimlos, Langtiriel, Bergteir

Quote Originally Posted by Nymphonic View Post
    I meant Mordor, sorry.
    No worries! I think the answer should be more or less the same in general, though. There does appear to be a level restriction if the only point of access is the South Mirkwood swift travel.
    R5 105 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 115 MNS Fayah/110 LM Siennah/115 HNT Dinenol/110 RK Dhurik
    101 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/61 BUR Dhax/115 WDN Godoric
    R9 115 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2