We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hybrid View

The U22 areas look amazing

Kudos to the team for yet again delivering some fantastic new places. Can't wait to go there!

Since there's little to no marketing for Update 22 - dumping this here as a sneak preview of zones.

Loeglond - Border town between Eryn Lasgalen (Wood of Greenleaves) and The Dale-Lands

Caras Tilion - Elf Ruins left Abandoned within Mirkwood

Lake Town

The last image above is one of the interior quest locations - In this case it's the warehouse that a group of smugglers work from. Design obviously resembles that of the Rohan Mead-Halls but it's been altered to have less of an association with those older zones.

Lake Town is beautfiul, well done SSG
    Arkenstone - Faded - Original Challenger of the Abyss

Mini-LM-Hunter-RK-Captain-Beorning @ 115

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf2x View Post

Lake Town is beautfiul, well done SSG
    Update 22 looks absolutely amazing (I saw it on BR). In "High Res" an "Ultra" it is even more impressive than the screens above. This is gonna be a huge step for Lotro after the fall of the ring. Can't wait! Good job, SSG! <3

it's amazing for sure.

Rialtan - Rk - Ascensio Kin - Legit Challenger of Gothmog
    Stragnokka - Champ - Ascensio Kin - Legit Challenger of Gothmog

Hallandil
    Since there's little to no marketing for Update 22 - dumping this here as a sneak preview of zones.
    A spoiler alert would have been nice. I still don't have a clue what this is all about other than unreleased content from the beta server?

if it's not marketed, I guess the reason is it's still in testing.
    His sword was long, his lance was keen, his shining helm afar was seen.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by elianidd2 View Post
    Kudos to the team for yet again delivering some fantastic new places. Can't wait to go there!
    Oustanding! They really overdid it.

~ Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth ~

Amazing how I can still get so excited over all-new content after all these years Lake-town especially looks amazing!
    Landroval - The Council of the Secret Fire Friendly, Casual, Mature, and always seeking more!
    Musings on LOTRO and other games: www.killtenrats.com

Quote Originally Posted by elianidd2 View Post
    I ran around Eryn Lasgalen briefly* on BR; it is indeed beautiful, but it's hell to get around in. Wherever you want to go, there's either a gigantic tree or a steep mountain between you and it. For you-can't-get-there-from-here, it rivals Angmar -- but much prettier.

There's a deed for places Thorin, Bilbo, and company encountered on their trip to the Lone Mountain -- including the river that Bombur fell into and fell asleep.

_____
    *Whh and I are busier than a dog with two tails to chase, getting ready for the convention this coming weekend. After it's over, we'll have time to play.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone

The secret to Eryn Lasgalen it to draw a rough map, (just the road(s)) and understand that the shortest distance between two points is the road. Additionally, as much as it takes away from the experience, turn off the frills...
    Ujest - 115 Lore-master, Opun Tia - 89 Warden, Veneur - 75 Hunter, Cneasai - 57 Minstrel, plus alts and mules
    Officer, Pipeweed and Ale, Arkenstone (formerly Friends of Frodo, Vilya)

I briefly took my dwarf, who originates from Erebor, to the new areas. It was a heart-warming homecoming, as he rode from Lake-town to Dale and finally to the gates of Erebor . Instanced Hall Under the Mountain is cool and all, but it's totally different when you see the gate getting closer and bigger. All places look very good. And of course, the statue in front of the gate is a nice touch:
    THORIN
    AZGHMARKH
    THRÁINULTHRÓRUL
    UZBADUNDURDU

FILI
    KALINUL
    IRAKDASHATZINIG

KILI
    KALINUL
    AMRAKHKHARMU

(I hope I transliterated it correctly )

Felegoth - Thranduil's Halls - Part I

Turned up my settings back to max for this.

Felegoth - Thranduil's Halls - Part II

Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf_TheOld View Post
    The secret to Eryn Lasgalen it to draw a rough map, (just the road(s)) and understand that the shortest distance between two points is the road. Additionally, as much as it takes away from the experience, turn off the frills...
    That sounds like a good idea, and I'll try it next time. I was out in the dead of night and couldn't *see* any roads.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone

Is getting through the Mordor xpac mandatory to go there?

Edited because I typed "Moria" instead of "Mordor". *sighs and bangs head on desk*
    Last edited by Nymphonic; Feb 12 2018 at 09:37 PM.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

Quote Originally Posted by Nymphonic View Post
    Is getting through the Moria xpac mandatory to go there?
    I don't know if there is a level requirement, but there is a swift travel (free to all, even f2p) from South Mirkwood into the new areas (presumably into North Mirkwood, but I don't have BR patched up). So the only requirement I think would be to have the Mirkwood landing complete, so at least level 60 or so. This means no lowbies, unless they unlock more swift options from other major cities (like Bree).

Moria wouldn't be necessary since you can swing through Eregion, Enedwaith, Dunland, West Rohan, East Rohan, Great River and Lorien to reach the Mirkwood shores.

Quote Originally Posted by Sito_Origami View Post
    A spoiler alert would have been nice. I still don't have a clue what this is all about other than unreleased content from the beta server?

if it's not marketed, I guess the reason is it's still in testing.
    BR testing usually takes 4-6 weeks, which isn't a whole lot of time for marketing. Bliz has already launched their marketing for their next expansion, which doesn't arrive for several months.

I'm not sure what you mean about a spoiler alert, though. We've known about this since last November's EP letter and this thread's title is "U22 areas look amazing" so what else would it be?

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...i-A-Look-Ahead
    R5 105 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 114 MNS Fayah/105 LM Siennah/112 HNT Dinenol/105 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/62 WDN Godoric
    R9 115 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

Moved to Bullroarer forums. Thanks! We want this on the Bullroarer forums because some folks don't want things spoiled for them.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Google+ - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Find Cordovan on: Twitter Instagram
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Lake Town especially looks great, and seeing Smaug's bones is a big treat.
    << Co-founder of The Firebrands of Caruja on Landroval >>
    Ceolford of Dale, Dorolin, Tordag, Garberend Bellheather, Colfinn Belegorn, Garmo Butterbuckles, Calensarn Nimlos, Langtiriel, Bergteir