We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hybrid View

Promotions/ Giveaways

I used to look forward to the days when MMORPG.com and the like would run promotions with all sorts of LOTRO giveaways. Hauberk of the Mithril Guard (No self respecting Dwarf can be seen without one), The Riding starter packs (made a huge difference for my characters), these things used to be run quite often. But I haven't seen any of them for years. It could very well be that I'm missing them, but I find that unlikely, given that i follow the forums and several MMO sites that frequently run giveaways.
    I'm not saying SSG has to, but it certainly would be great to see the giveaways again, especially when encouraging friends to try out the game and give them freebie incentives.
    Check out my LOTRO videos on Youtube at: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRX...jPUNAiwtrJ_eiw

/signed

So far only giveaway outside the game is the 500 LP one, related to the weekly LOTRO Beacon (and some ones with the LOTRO streamers).

Sergio :-)
    Moved from Riddermark to Landroval on 2/10/1015!

Quote Originally Posted by Olgomil View Post
    /signed

So far only giveaway outside the game is the 500 LP one, related to the weekly LOTRO Beacon (and some ones with the LOTRO streamers).

Sergio :-)
    Where is that one, can you provide a link please?

I would very much love to get things like that hauberk, starter packs, cloaks etc. Surely if there's enough demand, then it's a possibility?
    Check out my LOTRO videos on Youtube at: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRX...jPUNAiwtrJ_eiw

Quote Originally Posted by Lambtron View Post
    Where is that one, can you provide a link please?
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...72#post7812272

they should be doing more of these like mentioned and even on thier live stream (the official one) be giving away stuff each week. its called an incentive. But SSG seems to be a little tighter on the wallet than Turbine was. Look at Mordor release compared to last expansions
    • No twitter trivia give aways of the expansion
    • No forum give aways of the expansion
    • no live stream give aways of the expansion
    • no beta 500-1000- 1500 - lifetime giveaways (as in all previous expansions)
    • And with that... Nothing for doing beta at all.

I just did a beta in another game, when beta ended, I got a in live game item that signified I did the beta. Nothing big (more of a cosmetic than anything) but it was something. All I get from Lotro beta is well, wasted time
    I saw the light fade from the sky
    On the wind I heard a sigh
    As the snowflakes cover my fallen brothers
    I will say this last goodbye

Quote Originally Posted by kickman77 View Post
    I just did a beta in another game, when beta ended, I got a in live game item that signified I did the beta. Nothing big (more of a cosmetic than anything) but it was something. All I get from Lotro beta is well, wasted time
    I hear that, but I mean general promos/ giveaways. They used to do this more frequently, and often it was exciting, and even useful stuff (riding starter pack, for example).

Having on article which focuses on a giveaway, on say, something like MassivelyOP, not only rewards an existing playerbase, but provides publicity and incentives to new players.

I'm signed up to several MMO sites that regularly send me emails with giveaways to all sorts of games, it's good publicity.

All I get from Lotro beta is well, wasted time
    So don't do beta, then. Problem solved.

I did beta for Riders of Rohan and realized I hated the spoilers too much.

I suppose if they were hurting for testers, they would incentivize more. You know, supply and demand?
    His sword was long, his lance was keen, his shining helm afar was seen.

they should be doing more of these like mentioned and even on thier live stream (the official one) be giving away stuff each week. its called an incentive. But SSG seems to be a little tighter on the wallet than Turbine was. Look at Mordor release compared to last expansions
    • No twitter trivia give aways of the expansion
    • No forum give aways of the expansion
    • no live stream give aways of the expansion
    • no beta 500-1000- 1500 - lifetime giveaways (as in all previous expansions)
    • And with that... Nothing for doing beta at all.

Emphasis on this. Not only wasted because you don't get any token of gratitude, but also because many of the suggestions and found bugs aren't addressed.

hmm.

Promotions: yeah I got HD as a promotion. that would have been nice for Mordor :P

Giveaways: Yeah I hate the weekly code cuz there is never anything to get excited over. I mean its not like they give you Rep tokens or black keys or any...

wait, was black key last week? granted ranger green dye is this week.

Maybe we should ask for this thing thats like a wheel kinda like that stops on an item and you... no that wouldnt work. everyone would hate that.

What about free LP to people who subscribe to the game?

Welcome back weekends for xtra xp?
    for crafting bonuses?
    infamy/renown?

I would love if they gave away lag free weekends.
    Sig looked hideous so I sent it to its room. It can come back and
    show off after it has thought about what it did.

Quote Originally Posted by Xhiu View Post
    hmm.

Promotions: yeah I got HD as a promotion. that would have been nice for Mordor :P

Giveaways: Yeah I hate the weekly code cuz there is never anything to get excited over. I mean its not like they give you Rep tokens or black keys or any...

wait, was black key last week? granted ranger green dye is this week.

Maybe we should ask for this thing thats like a wheel kinda like that stops on an item and you... no that wouldnt work. everyone would hate that.

What about free LP to people who subscribe to the game?

Welcome back weekends for xtra xp?
    for crafting bonuses?
    infamy/renown?

I would love if they gave away lag free weekends.
    and again every other triple A MMO does those and more.

They also do
    • giveaways on livestreams (official)
    • giveaways before major content releases
    • giveaways on MMO sites to entice people to play (lotro did it before)
    • giveaways in game by devs to interact with the community

See this is part of basic business management 101. If you give a few something extra, more are enticed to buy.
    I saw the light fade from the sky
    On the wind I heard a sigh
    As the snowflakes cover my fallen brothers
    I will say this last goodbye

and again every other triple A MMO does those and more.

They also do
    • giveaways on livestreams (official)
    • giveaways before major content releases
    • giveaways on MMO sites to entice people to play (lotro did it before)
    • giveaways in game by devs to interact with the community

See this is part of basic business management 101. If you give a few something extra, more are enticed to buy.
    Lotro does give out codes to their streamers. however seriously who gives a #### about MMO review sites. One of worst waste of internet bandwith.