We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Better-looking weapons for High Elf starters

So I am one of many who decided to roll a High Elf cappy. I've never played the class before, and this was a pretty good excuse. Made the character, got in game to see my newly created High Elf a part of the Last Alliance storming to plains of Mordor. Epic battle, epic story, I'm in epic armour, fighting alongside Gil-Galad and Elendil. And in all this epicness, my High Elf captain is armed with nothing more than a small stick with little pieces of metal jutting out here and there. Seriously? Facing off against the greatest evil of the age with a toothpick?

So here's my suggestion: Equip new High Elves with a fancy new cosmetic item to go through the intro with, and let it come out rusted along with all the other armor after our 3000 year slumber. It would really add to the dramatic effect of the intro.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Palken View Post
    So I am one of many who decided to roll a High Elf cappy. I've never played the class before, and this was a pretty good excuse. Made the character, got in game to see my newly created High Elf a part of the Last Alliance storming to plains of Mordor. Epic battle, epic story, I'm in epic armour, fighting alongside Gil-Galad and Elendil. And in all this epicness, my High Elf captain is armed with nothing more than a small stick with little pieces of metal jutting out here and there. Seriously? Facing off against the greatest evil of the age with a toothpick?

So here's my suggestion: Equip new High Elves with a fancy new cosmetic item to go through the intro with, and let it come out rusted along with all the other armor after our 3000 year slumber. It would really add to the dramatic effect of the intro.
    Thats alike what they did with the High Elf intro armour set. Not a bad idea to do it as well with the weapons. On a good news, you can get epic looking cosmetic weapons & shields that are level 7, at the Bingo barterers, Minas Tirith & The Wastes with a higher alt then use it on the baby alt.

~ Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth ~

Yep, as soon as I get out of the intro with any character I hit up my wardrobe and pimp 'em out.

/signed

Everything about the High Elf intro is perfect aside from the weapons and shields. This is necessary.

/signed
    Elquasso - HNT | Hendunaron - LM | Laurealasso - GRD | Malenthir - HNT | Threk - RK | Tassels - CHM | Bungwise - MRN
    on
    CRICKHOLLOW (formerly of LANDROVAL, and originally of MENELDOR)

This was something many of us suggested during the high elf beta many times, but unfortunately they decided it was unnecessary for whatever reason. It's definitely immersion breaking in what is otherwise a really cool and well set up starter area.

Definitely support this change still though.

Quote Originally Posted by YamydeAragon View Post
    Thats alike what they did with the High Elf intro armour set. Not a bad idea to do it as well with the weapons. On a good news, you can get epic looking cosmetic weapons & shields that are level 7, at the Bingo barterers, Minas Tirith & The Wastes with a higher alt then use it on the baby alt.
    Well, yes, you could do that.

On the other hand ... all my LMs *carry* the best staves they can get at their level; but they all *display,* cosmetically, a Tier 2 Ash Staff that looks like a plain old walking stick. I don't like to show off.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone
    www.kithrup.com/~djheydt/

Quote Originally Posted by djheydt View Post
    Well, yes, you could do that.

On the other hand ... all my LMs *carry* the best staves they can get at their level; but they all *display,* cosmetically, a Tier 2 Ash Staff that looks like a plain old walking stick. I don't like to show off.
    I dont show off the best in slot neither, but i carry the 1 i like the look in outfit. Either way i don't like rusted apperance, i can do humble, but gotta look clean. Some people like shinny, some not, others like fancy & other not. Is possible to have fancy without shinny. You have 4 possible combos:

Fancy Humble
    Shinny
    Rusted

As i understand the original poster want fancy while rusted.

~ Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth ~