We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

A few questions about the AoM raid --

I've been trying to find information on the new raid. I've watched numerous videos of folks doing it, though nearly all of them are T2 runs and most are just pieces of the raid or super sped up loud musical things that are confusing to watch.. lol

One was very good in that it explained mechanics and kill orders for trash mobs, etc. But only up to, and including, the first boss.

So, I have a few questions that have not yet been answered in the videos I've watched:

1. One video shows the second boss putting some sort of huge debuff on random PCs, who then need to move away from everyone else until it clears - like with Rotwing. But, that one's T2. Then another video of T1 doesn't mention that debuff at all. Does it only occur in T2, then? Or is it simply something you can ignore in T1?

2. For the mobs after the first boss (the Dwarf groups): Is there a priority kill order for those? The video I'm currently watching (it's nearly five hours long) has everyone targeting the mobs in just random order though they /are/ making comments like removing corruptions on the axe-men and rune-carvers and the King's Guard being able to do something akin to "last stand". But, again, nothing about which should go down first.

3. Third: Is there a “best” class setup?

And

4. Finally, what is the timer for those flag save points? Can you do the first boss one day then return for the other two another day, using those flags to skip the first part? Or do you have to return to the instance before a certain time reset?

I'm considering attempting to lead a raid with a group of new friends and am trying to research as best I can to help the raid run more smoothly than just going in blind, since I've yet to set foot in there in-game.

Thank you in advance to anyone, and everyone, who can help with these questions.

-Goldrush

Quote Originally Posted by GoldrushSE View Post
    I've been trying to find information on the new raid. I've watched numerous videos of folks doing it, though nearly all of them are T2 runs and most are just pieces of the raid or super sped up loud musical things that are confusing to watch.. lol

One was very good in that it explained mechanics and kill orders for trash mobs, etc. But only up to, and including, the first boss.

So, I have a few questions that have not yet been answered in the videos I've watched:

1. One video shows the second boss putting some sort of huge debuff on random PCs, who then need to move away from everyone else until it clears - like with Rotwing. But, that one's T2. Then another video of T1 doesn't mention that debuff at all. Does it only occur in T2, then? Or is it simply something you can ignore in T1?

2. For the mobs after the first boss (the Dwarf groups): Is there a priority kill order for those? The video I'm currently watching (it's nearly five hours long) has everyone targeting the mobs in just random order though they /are/ making comments like removing corruptions on the axe-men and rune-carvers and the King's Guard being able to do something akin to "last stand". But, again, nothing about which should go down first.

3. Third: Is there a “best” class setup?

And

4. Finally, what is the timer for those flag save points? Can you do the first boss one day then return for the other two another day, using those flags to skip the first part? Or do you have to return to the instance before a certain time reset?

I'm considering attempting to lead a raid with a group of new friends and am trying to research as best I can to help the raid run more smoothly than just going in blind, since I've yet to set foot in there in-game.

Thank you in advance to anyone, and everyone, who can help with these questions.

-Goldrush
    1- The big deal on second boss is the Aoe fear. Be sure to have a burg for Aoe removal or is pretty much a wipe if you wait more than 1 2 seconds to remove. If the debuff you mean is the shield thing, we use to stay. Can easily outheal.
    2- For the trash group, we kill first the king and keep the 2 rune carvers dazed from start. If someone break daze and they come in the group, just nuke them asap. Next priority is the axe-man (dont remember if it's the right name...the ones with outgoing dmg corrs), remove corrs on them and nuke fast. Last the others with dmg reduction corrs, they arent dangerous.
    3- Best class setup it depends mostly on the kin i guess. There is who prefer 1 more dps, 1 more yellow burg or 1 more cappy. But in my opinion on second boss the "best" setup includes a beorning and at least 1 burg (2 for faster corrs removal).
    Rialtan - Rk - Ascensio Kin - Legit Challenger of Gothmog
    Stragnokka - Champ - Ascensio Kin - Legit Challenger of Gothmog

4. Yes, you can do Boss 1 one day, then Boss 2 the next day etc. The whole instance resets every thursday. So, basically you have 1 week to finish the raid.
    Original Challenger of the Abyss

Thank you for the reply and information!

I took around 5.5 pages of notes from those videos and will add this info then condense it all into a reasonable size.. lol

Hopefully, my first raid run will go smoothly. At the very least, we should have fun trying it.

-Goldrush

Best advice anyone can give to you is. Try it out. Don't watch guides. It's way more fun that way no matter of tier. Wiping, figuring out mechanics and conquering them is the satisfaction that raiding is all about. Watching guides will ruin this.

Tier 1 that you are looking to do resets 3 times per week.

Quote Originally Posted by siipperi View Post
    Best advice anyone can give to you is. Try it out. Don't watch guides. It's way more fun that way no matter of tier. Wiping, figuring out mechanics and conquering them is the satisfaction that raiding is all about. Watching guides will ruin this.

Tier 1 that you are looking to do resets 3 times per week.
    Normally, I agree with you on this. I very much prefer to figure things out as I go. And, if it was the friends I've had for years (only a few left playing now) joining me, we'd definitely go in blind.

But, these are friends I've only recently met and made and, since this will be the first time I've ever /led/ a raid (honestly, first raid I've been in), I feel obligated to try to find out what I can to keep my group alive.

Maybe that lack of experience should tell my I'm crazy to even consider this, but the folks that would be going with me are the ones telling me I should try it.. lol.. so, my desire to not see them all end up smeared on the floor overrides my usual desire to just go into such things without a clue and learn as I go.

I have little doubt we'll still wipe, at least once if not more, just because it /is/ new and we'll all be learning to work together but at least I'll have a little info to get us started in the right direction, I hope.

-Goldrush

Seems like a good strat, keeping your fellowship alive is important. As Siipperi say, it's real good fun to figure out the instance mechanics yourself, BUT.. (and this may come as a surprise to Sipperi) some people don't like Things to get too "long haired/ difficult/ time consuming) This need to be done with a Group of like minded ppl, hence the kinships dedicated for hardmode raiding/instances.

If you really want to run the raid with a steady group, number one rule is you need to keep everyone feeling they have fun and Progress in a reasonable amount of time. For this to happen it's great to check out strategies before leading everyone in the unavoidable wipe ;P.

Even i'm allmost only running instances in T2c, i like to bring new ppl, and i really enjoy when they complete the instance on t2C for the first time.

Another advice, to keep people coming. Don't try the same thing over and over for 2 hours. Trying to beat one encounter/boss for a long time get ppl to feel they don't Progress, and they tend to drop out, or worse don't want to raid Again.

Good luck in Abyss

edit: When running in T1, most of trash strat from T2 is for sure viable. It really makes encounters with many enemies easier when you start CC the most annoying enemies, to avoid unneeded damage on fellowship.
    Last edited by Endoloose; Feb 09 2018 at 09:51 AM.