We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

The LOTRO Beacon: Issue 44

Thank you for reading the LOTRO Beacon! Don't forget to reply below to the Weekly Comment for your chance to win 500 LOTRO Points. We'll select a random winner after Noon Eastern on Thursday, February 1st. Good luck!
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Google+ - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Find Cordovan on: Twitter Instagram
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post

Thank you for reading the LOTRO Beacon! Don't forget to reply below to the Weekly Comment for your chance to win 500 LOTRO Points. We'll select a random winner after Noon Eastern on Thursday, February 1st. Good luck!
    Yay, I am the first one.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post

So many good soundtracks each evoking their own feeling! I have to say the new Belfalas housing area watching the boats and seagulls float by is my most favorite.

So many fabulous ingame bands! Too many good ones to pick, but kudos to all who put in the time to entertain us and LMB for Weather and Winter Stock.

Drums for attack, Flute for healing, and Bagpipes for playing music. Can't wait for the fiddle!

Let's talk about music! What area has the best soundtrack? Do you have a favorite in-game band? What instrument does your character play?

Thorin's Hall hands down. I love the oboe in the background.
    Pinched - Burglar - Founding member of the Kin that Says Nii on Landroval.

"Let's talk about music! What area has the best soundtrack? Do you have a favorite in-game band? What instrument does your character play?"

Dunno about area music, in game music is usually off for me. Everything gets boring after a 1000 hours.
    I don't know bands, I like listening to random people playing music on the streets, tho.
    My main knows all the instruments, usually I use the lute.

Rohan is my personal favourite, maybe closely followed by Mordor, both area's took a while to grow on me but I still have both soundtracks saved on my phone, for if I ever need to feel epic on demand. Horse Lords of Norcroftshttps is my personal fav of all of them. //www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaOq3lDw2kw
    The road goes ever on.

Why wouldn't you play a drum if you had all the choices in the world. it's the best! Beat it, beat it good.
    Inter faex et urina nascitur sumus

Riders of Rohan and Mordor are great soundtracks. There are way too many bands to have a favorite. I play all of them, of course.

Weekly Question 44

I don't know about "best" soundtrack, but the Angmar area sure has the creepiest (so far). There are in-game bands? (hehehe) And since none of my characters are minstrels, and I don't think I've picked-up any other books, they all play what everyone can play: basic clarinet and basic lute.

And while I like the music system, I do wish LotRO would implement the "full" ABC notation system, and not just a part of it (even if it might be "most" of it). Converting ABC text files to be compatible with LotRO can be quite time consuming.
    "...At least it tells us they understand our language; they're just not willing to speak to us in it. -Who knew they were French?"

The area with the best music in my opinion... Hard to decide between West Rohan and West Gondor. Mordor is also good but I haven't listened to it enough to actually rate it accurately. As for in game bands, I don't listen to them much because A) I'm out slaying Orcs and B) I'm more interested in the landscape music more to be honest. My current main (champ) likes to play a pibgorn (or pigborn I get them mixed up) but my real main (Captain) plays the vocal chords (because captains shout a lot get it ... I'll walk out now)

Random is my luck!

Fishing for points! lol

I like the music(s) in Eregion most. It's also one of my favorite areas.
    Also the music in Othrongroth is very good. And with the skeletons coming out from the walls, it made me drop my mouse.

Music to my ears

I have not logged as many hours as most LOTRO players, so am not yet tired of just listening to the in-game music and sounds.

Best soundtrack has to be Helm's Deep, even if I didn't like the trait tree changes that came with it.

No faves.

My young Mini primarily plays a harp.

Brandy: Cupcakes of Doom.
    Landro: Trueheart Companions.

Favorite music?

Rohan. Although all of the music is wonderful and appropriate for the areas, Rohan seems to really feel engaging.

TEEDEE on BW is the best. Always at festivals and common areas playing music for us on BW. TY TeeDee.

My favourite music is Tom Bombadil theme.

Sergio :-)
    Moved from Riddermark to Landroval on 2/10/1015!

Hands down the ost dunhoth raid cluster music

Favorite zone/area music is Rohan, hands down... But most favorite music is the Tom Bombadil theme.
    XanThorr the Well-Met
    "Meddle not in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup"

~~Beeornfree 115 Beorning of Evernight~~Xanthorr-1 110 High Elf Hunter of Evernight
    ~~Beeornfree 98 Beorning of Gladden~~Xanaxier 105 Guardian of Gladden~~Xanthorr-1 104 Hunter of Gladden
    ~~Beeornfree 108 Beorning of Landroval
    ~~Beeornfree 60 Beorning of Arkenstone~~Xanthorr 35 High Elf Hunter of Arkenstone
    ~~Beeornfree 29 Beorning of Brandywine~~Xanthorr 30 High Elf Hunter of Brandywine
    ~~Beeornfree 29 Beorning of Crickhallow~~Xanthorr 37 High Elf Hunter of Crickhallow
    ~~Beeornfree 47 Beorning of Anor~~Xan 34 High Elf Hunter of Anor

I am musically illiterate, so my characters don't play any instruments. :/

Thank you^^ (I love cats, just for information)

Thanks for the shoutout Cordovan!

Just want to let folks know that - also ty to Cord, Elda and some other generous peeps, we'll have scads of giveaways for the Cluckathon event:

• 6x 500 LP codes
    • Hero of the Small Folk title
    • Helm's Deep, Riders of Rohan & Moria Expansions
    • 7x Frosty Kite codes
    • more??

Hope to see y'all there in support of all the awesome work FibroJedi has done for the LOTRO community over the past year. <3
    lvl 105 Guardian | 105 Mini | 64 Hunter | 48 Warden | Lukiluk - r10 Warg | r6 Defiler | r6 WL

Twitch.tv/Arathaert | Youtube.com/ArathaertTV | Guardian Guide

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast