We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Mordor reclaiming quests

Many of the reclaiming mob camps quests in Mordor are impossible to do,
    especially for melee characters to solo when every mob - including 3 or 4 archers in widely different locations -
    are activated simply by getting too close to the camp,
    never mind getting anywhere near the actual target we are supposed to obtain.
    these quests seem to intended to be daily quest but few of them are fun or even doable solo
    and many players simply avoid them and since they are not fellowship quests it is very hard to get
    others to do them.

Quote Originally Posted by crushemall View Post
    especially for melee characters to solo when every mob - including 3 or 4 archers in widely different locations -
    these quests seem to intended to be daily quest but few of them are fun or even doable solo
    and many players simply avoid them and since they are not fellowship quests it is very hard to get
    others to do them.
    They are not easy for ranged either. We are not tanks and being attacked by 4+ mobs, some signature, it a death sentence at least for an average player. I got them all done at least once with a friend and wont be going back. There are other areas as well like Dar Mauzur and the big one in Dor Amrath.

Quote Originally Posted by crushemall View Post
    others to do them.
    Those quests are either mistaged as solo when meant to fellow or off-balance difficulty. They are just too hard to solo. Then Mordor should be the ultimate difficulty but also the enemies should be demoralized a bit after Sauron's fall.

~ Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth ~

Luckily
    1 You don't need to do them
    2 You can always do it with friends or total strangers

Also they vary greatly in difficulty .
    Both of the ones in Agarnaith are easy. (So much so I use one as easy way to get 8 orcs for noddy request daily)
    Both of the Udun ones, the orc one in Lhingris and one of them in Dor Amarth are definitely soloable as long as you pay attention.
    The other one in Dor Amarth is iffy, the bug one in Lhingris is very iffy, and the two in Talath Urui are extremely challenging, solo. (So much so I can't remember the last time I bothered with them)

Of course that just my take, a casual player that has 2 alts doing dailies, well I had, I've got bored and stopped.

Before the noddy request dailies were introduced there would always be other people doing these so you would rarely have to solo them anyway, now it's a lot quicker to do the noddy requests.
    Although now every alt and the cousin is maxed out with all 4 allegiances, I think people are less interest in allegiance rep and more interested in the rewards from the original dailies and I've seen a few more people running the old dailies.
    Wal's Army on Evernight - Walred (Champ), Walmur (RK), Walbert-2 (Cappy), Walori (Guard), Walrandir (LM), Walora (Warden), Walmo (Burg)

They are soloable but you do need to be careful and learn how the mobs are linked as they don't all activate at once. It is therefore usually possible to kill 2 - 3 and move on to another such group till all are dead. It took me several tries and deaths to finish those quests on my own (I play yellow line champion), these days it's mostly routine.

As mentioned above, you can do them once in a group for deed and rare chests and never run them again, they also differ when it comes to difficulty.
    I very much dislike the bugs one in Lhingris due to the Spitter's knock-backs while TU ones can get out of hand in the final camps.

Definitely not impossible. As your tactics and armor improve it will become easier. Divide and conquer. Sneak around. Try different traits if necessary.

The one with the bugs is also the one I find most difficult for my guardian. They seem to ignore my mitigations when in tank mode and my dps is dreadful. In dps mode they laugh at how squishy I am lol but I manage to get through it solo when I have no choice (but always welcome coming across another adventurer here!).

I've found that in mordor sometimes you just have to rethink the way you play your class if you have gotten used to a certain style. It can be frustrating at first but very fun once you've figured out how to get past the blocker.

I've done them solo on light, medium, and heavy armor.

They can all be done.

All it takes it a little practice and learning which mobs to Crowd Control, or mez, or fear, and pick target priorities.

For example, a RK in lightning could quickly kill an archer, then AoE stun the melee, kill another archer, then mez a captain again while burning down more melees. and fire has its own tools that could kill mobs fast also.

get some mitigations and mastery on your character, and it's a breeze.

One big reason why you might be experiencing issues with it is jumping too fast to the metal posts. If you move close to the quest points where you're meant to place banners, enemies in a good surrounding space are aggro'd.

Have to clear groups a few at a time and then use the posts.

Too hard? Literally gather 5 mobs and burn them down. Only on my mini do I struggle a bit but I don't grab as many. Your gear or stats must be way off. I keep PUGing with some people for CoS and DoN and look at their gear and just smh. Udun's reclaim is literally faceroll with Agarnaith. If your doing the other ones then your wasting time running around since there are much faster dailies to do.

i've done them solo all on a hunter, warden, and mini. I find the Lhingris bug one to be by far the hardest one. The acid damage is dangerous, and from ranged bugs it can be deadly. Good to try and mez/stun them often.
    Inter faex et urina nascitur sumus

I've got a mini and champ.

My mini can sometimes two shot the 160K morale people if I get super lucky, either way on mini I just pull two camps and kite around nuking everything ( starting with archers )

My champ when he hit 115, didn't have any light armour, and he solo'd all the different ones without going below 40% morale...
    Gilrain - World Draigoch First 13/10/2011
    +Celestrata - 'Surprise, it's not a glitch! :D'
    +Celestrata tells you 'You are by far the best mini I've seen out of any server, Congrats on world first!'