We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Overlooked on yellow line?

I searched everywhere for a description or a mention of a feature available in the yellow line. I decided to roll a yellow guard just for fun and to test the claim that the 5% heal on marked target is indeed broken.

On a marked target, (take to heart) when you hit mob with a skill, not including auto-attack, the amount of damage done is also doubled with a portion of added damage called “high light damage”. It is unclear if it’s a set percentage of your damage output or a fixed value, since I found no description of that extra damage. Granted, my guard is only level 10 at the moment and it’s difficult to assess the damage and how it scales, so it would be interesting to test that feature at a higher level. Adding insult to injury it adds an aoe component as well and I found my damage was quite better than redline, always using a 2hander. I know still low level, can’t really compare or make a definite claim on this, perhaps we shouldn’t discount yellow line as harshly as we have?

Oh and I did have that marked target heal on several occasions, difficult to say if it’s really 10% chance but I definitely had it several times.

So... fighter of shadow with added light damage a good high elf build perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by JpC View Post
    So... fighter of shadow with added light damage a good high elf build perhaps?
    No. The light damage purely scales off of level (the light damage legacy does not improve it). Since stats exponentially increase past level 50 it very quickly becomes obsolete with the light damage ticking for a mere 250 or so at level 105.

The heal aspect will work for now but later it will break when you unlock the mark of permanence trait (pretty sure that was the one that broke it).
    ~ I tank with a Beorning, my opinion is invalid. ~

The light damage scales off of lvel, mastery et. doesn't affect it(about 300 at 105), like Joedangod said, but it is AoE and triggered by each marked target hit: spreading mark with 1 AoE attack on e.g. 5 foes , hitting them with your next AoE attack will cause the lightdamage to trigger 5 times = 5*300 lightdamage=1500 per foe=7500 damage. If you fight 10 foes : it's 1500 damage per foe if mark is spread on 5= 15000 damage, if you had enough time to spread mark on all 10 its 3000 per target= 30000 lightdamage per attack.

Not as bad as it is often said to be fighting lots of foes at one it might be strong enough to be almost competitive with bleeds(that atually scale off of mastery), but you'll lack the prey on the weak heals from redline and flash of light only shines, when you have enough foes around you. (pardon the pun)
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.
    Trapper of Foes needs better tools to fulfill it's supporting(CC and offensive debuffs) and DoT role.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatharil View Post
    If you fight 10 foes : it's 1500 damage per foe if mark is spread on 5= 15000 damage, if you had enough time to spread mark on all 10 its 3000 per target= 30000 lightdamage per attack.
    Worth noting that most attacks don't have 10 targets unless you run an unimbued LI.
    ~ I tank with a Beorning, my opinion is invalid. ~

Thanks for corrrection. 8 is the highest number of targets hit(Warchant), right?
    Then it is 1500 per target(adding up to 15000 for 10 targets in meleerange) damage while fighting 10 foes, 5 marked targets hit and 2400 per target while hitting 8 marked targets, adding up to 24000 damage for the 10 targets in meleerange.
    Trapper of Foes needs better tools to fulfill it's supporting(CC and offensive debuffs) and DoT role.

A bit disappointed that the light damage legacy doesn’t affect it. That is a huge oversight. Otherwise would be quite viable as a nice damage 2h blocking build.

My guardian reached lvl 106 yesterday and flash of light deals 500-670 lightdamage now (depending on mitigations, 670 on orcs debuffed with singular focus in minas tirith daily instances) maybe it scales better over lvl105 or it's the 2 tactical runes I use to improve shieldskills and warchant.