We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Has there been a change?

So I logged in the other night to play some tunes, and I noticed that they sounded... different. It's not something I was able to put my finger on, but something sounds different.

Has there been a stealth change to the musical instruments?
    Skjald of Rohan, Minstrel, Captain of Rohan

R.I.P NIDOR of Brandywine Server(1970-2012)

I noticed this also.

I noticed a change to some tunes as well. I think part of the problem is that I have as yet found no universally accepted industry or academic standardization for ABC file notation. Standards exist, and are encourage by many institutions, but their acceptance appears to be gradual.
    Some of my files play the same, others do not.
    I'm a novice at compilation, so couldn't begin to even say which notation standards will work best with LOTRO.
    At this point, I'm just glad LOTRO allows such leeway for us to play almost anything in game.

Well, what I mean is, tunes I wrote years ago, and have been playing for years, suddenly sounded different the last time I played them (they did change the sounds of the instruments once already, I'm already used to that).

It's not an issue, I just wondered if they did something to the sounds and didn't mention it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamo View Post
    Well, what I mean is, tunes I wrote years ago, and have been playing for years, suddenly sounded different the last time I played them (they did change the sounds of the instruments once already, I'm already used to that).

It's not an issue, I just wondered if they did something to the sounds and didn't mention it.
    Was the fiddle added in this update?? Could that have screwed up the sound somehow??

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamo View Post

Yes, there was a major update on U16 about LOTRO sound system in year 2015.

And was mentioned...

Zed'

Ya, I knew about the 2015 update, I was thinking it was something more recent.

I hope that the Fiddle is implemented in Maestro!

Quote Originally Posted by Coriantimur View Post
    I hope that the Fiddle is implemented in Maestro!
    It isn't. The fiddles has to be thoroughly tested on Bullroarer first. You would have to ask Digero if it/they then will be added to the Maestro.
    I'm quite sure it/they will added to the BruTE converter by Bruzo.
    Sev ... Member and founder of Instant Play. Concert every Monday 20.00-22.00 CET (14.00-16.00 server time) at West Bree stables on Gwaihir.
    Alles musik oder was!
    Instant Play YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Quasquid/featured