We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

The LOTRO Beacon: Issue 42

Thank you for reading the LOTRO Beacon! Don't forget to reply below to the Weekly Comment for your chance to win 500 LOTRO Points. We'll select a random winner after Noon Eastern on Thursday, January 18th. Good luck!
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Google+ - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Find Cordovan on: Twitter Instagram
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

I chose Woodsman, because as a hunter, he needs bows and a Woodsman can gather wood, make boards and finally make a new bow.
    XanThorr the Well-Met
    "Meddle not in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup"

~~Beeornfree 113 Beorning of Evernight~~Xanthorr-1 110 High Elf Hunter of Evernight
    ~~Beeornfree 98 Beorning of Gladden~~Xanaxier 105 Guardian of Gladden~~Xanthorr-1 103 Hunter of Gladden
    ~~Beeornfree 108 Beorning of Landroval
    ~~Beeornfree 59 Beorning of Arkenstone~~Xanthorr 35 High Elf Hunter of Arkenstone
    ~~Beeornfree 29 Beorning of Brandywine~~Xanthorr 30 High Elf Hunter of Brandywine
    ~~Beeornfree 29 Beorning of Crickhallow~~Xanthorr 37 High Elf Hunter of Crickhallow

Mithlond, Eriador, Middle-Earth, Arda, Eä
    Before I even knew what each vocation did I chose Historian because I thought it was awesome to study ancient artifacts and scrolls and till this day my main is still a Scholar. Worked out because I'm a minstrel and can make songbooks among other things.

i will choose any new craft you ll put in the game
    20 years lotr enthousiast, 11 years lotro player, lifetimer, Loyal member of the Spartans Kinship, now in Evernight imigrants from Eldar

I became a Farmer so i could help keep all the Hobbit's rolling in Pipeweed.

What vocation did you choose and why?

On my main i chose Yeomen cause i like cooking and Farming! (and in real life i do it as well)
    Pontin Level 115 Hobbit Burglar Kinship Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server. Staff member of the Lord of the Rings Discord Server, and Owner of Middle-Earth Lore discord.
    Alts: Legoan Elf Hunter, Belladonea Hobbit Minstrel, Unnari Dwarf Guardian, Jorunn Man Captain, Sallyberry Hobbit Warden. Laurelin Server, Edwell Man Hunter.

Here's some of my Screenshots Throughout Middle Earth. Also can follow me on Twitter for Adventures in Middle Earth and more!

explorer.

As exploring the lore, regions and characters is all about Lotro, this one was the only way to go.

Armsman with Weaponsmith guild. During my first days in LOTRO they told it was a profitable profession. They joked me!

Historian, because irl I love random* useless** information.

*Random: nobody cares about it.
    **Useless: you can't make money out of it.

Explorer, because it pains me to pass by any resource node and find I cannot harvest it

Woodworker, because, you know, pew! pew!!

Metalsmith, because it is a manly vacation, plus it was easier to see the mines from a distance. Oh and good to make heavy armour for my heavy classes.

Explorer, twice the bounty

Armsman. making a Legendary weapon that I use for life is just too cool to give up. Mined my own ore, smelted my own metals, reforged my own blade, slew countless with it.

All of them, because I have a problem with alts.

Armourer is what I chose first way back when because I thought it would be a good idea to be able to craft armor for myself and alts.

I picked Historian because I enjoy making potions for my friends!

Another altaholic

I have several versions of all vocations, with my army of alts.
    Initially, I used to like metalsmith, for making the tools with.
    Now that that - and all other - bases are covered, I tend to go with explorer most often, for gathering efficiency.
    However, I also keep one small (40ish) alt with no craft at all, as insurance against the introduction of a new vocation.

Exclamation

And again ... SSG swapped the titles of the "In the News" and the "Let's Talk Shop" sections in the LotRO Beacon
    Will they ever get it right ???
    Keep you posted in the next beacon

My first toon, my hunter, is an Explorer mainly because it made sense at the time to be able to gather both wood and ore and cause you know a hunter would go exploring :P

Ofc since then I have maxed out my crafting (doomfold master and max guild rep) on every character and now have at least 2 of each vocation with soem having 3 (plays into my hoarding tendacies quite nicely!).

Angollon is a young elven scholar of angol, an aspiring loremaster, and a trainee gollor, and therefore Historian was his natural choice of vocation.
    Last edited by Rhypon; Jan 12 2018 at 06:53 AM. Reason: typo
    : Padrof ge vi haid vyrn, ach ist câl erin vên vîn :
    We may walk in dark places, but knowledge lights our way

I picked all vocations, so I can make everything me or kinnies would need.

Scholar in my main, an elf Loremaster, was a perfect fit in my mind and my first choice.

Now ive characters with each vocation.

Sergio :-)
    Moved from Riddermark to Landroval on 2/10/1015!

I chose armsman because people need weapons and I like making them

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast