We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Tolkien Birthday Toast 2018

https://www.tolkiensociety.org/event...ay-toast-2018/

THE PROFESSOR! /TOAST
    Thank you for everything Master /bow

Last years was at 21:00 local time!

Rucagorn, The White Guardian - Portugal
    fellowshipguardians.guildlaunch.com/

Thank you Mellon! Thank kindly for creating the Thread. I was going to (: I had it in plan ,but this pointless to have double thread.

Hail the Victorious dead!! Let us drink and eat in the Prancing Pony Inn. Draw thy sword and honor Tolkien. ( I was on Vanyalanhiriel! ) Allas! Allas! Nobody came! Ha!?

My Dear Professor Tolkien,I love you. You were a wonderful human being. One day I shall venture and pay respects at Wolvercote Cemetery, (Oxford)The man who deeply loved his wife,his family and survived the horrors of First world war. Who wrote the very first "fragments" of the Elder days in trenches under Shell fire. I m speechless. At least read his Biography!

I highly suggest to watch the following video; JRR TOLKIEN '1892-1973' - A Study Of The Maker Of Middle-earth (You-Tube)

It shall give thee deep insight. It's very complex as well. The influence of World War I. Difficult to watch ,but worthy. Do it for him.'

You are playing The Lords of the Rings Online becauase of the John Ronald Reuel Tolkien. Honor him. Kneel before him.'

The SIlmarillion! Ai!! It penetrates your soul in a way that is, the closest thing to real magic in life. It's written in an extaordinary flowerly consciously Archaic manner which is very attractive. Tolkien the Creative Genius. I challenge someone to really read it and not see the stars and the trees a little differently. It changes something within you. Masterpiece.'

TOLKIEN!! Creative Genius!

Tolkien's Nazgûl, or Ringwraiths. Their cries are also similar to the sound of artillery shells flying through the air before exploding. The psychological effect that the artillery sounds had on soldiers (shell-shock) is comparable to the effect of the Nazgûl’s screams'

He felt it all, imagine the immense strength needed to survive the horrors and chaos of WW1 and be able to write a masterful poems under the Shell fire. Speechless,stunned,shocked and amazed.

Unimaginable emotional physical and psychological pain and people complain today... The man was a titan. He succumbed to “trench fever” and wrote the first Silmarillion (The account of the Elder days ) Very sick, battered and almost lifeless. Still he had found the inner power. The power of Love.

Power of love vanquishes all, The dread,anguish,despair,pain,ter ror and even death shall vanish!!

Love for his wife Edith <3

I'll update the post later on with more details; Regarding his life , the influence of World War I and I shall provide thee with very intriguing links and other screenshots.

Thumbs up

A preliminary /toast to The Professor!

Landroval: Kibilturg (Watchers of Elendil); Taurunion, Erohtar (Taters and Traders)
    Crickhollow: Kibilturg (Tarciryan Knights); Zigilturg (Forever Notorious); Nuncle (Casual Wanderers)

To the Professor!
    “If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.”
    - Will Rogers