We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Got some maxed L.I.'s what do I do with them now?

My Minnie made 100 at frostbluff this morning. I did a quick inventory check and upgraded some of his items including his Legendaries. Now I have some old ones that are maxed out that I don't know what to do with. Any help please? I have never been much of a crafter and after recently returning I just don't remember how to handle this part.

Deconstruct them at relic master for ixp tomes and legacy scrolls.
    Then max your lvl 100's and imbue them.

This Imbuing is something recently new to Legendarys? New to me since I left a few years ago?

Yes, came with the Dol Amroth expansion i believe. Basically, it is the last LI you'll make. No more deconstructing and crafting new ones when you level up, but grow/upgrade the same one.
    Great idea basically, but about the execution people are less enthusiastic. Growing your ILI (Imbued Legendary Item) in the end means running repetitive content over and over again. Your item will get very powerful indeed, but it is a long grind.

Would I be better off waiting until I could buy a gold LI @100 instead of imbuing a purple one? Or does it even matter anymore?

I haven't done the research myself, but concensus is that only for two handers there is a (small) difference in end result between 3rd and 1st Agers. 3rd and 2nd Agers take a few more grinding cycles to max, but not much more. Do take a look at one of the many guides about the imbuement system, as there are a few details you'll want to know.
    This one for instance: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...ry-Items-Guide

Quote Originally Posted by OghranNasty View Post
    I haven't done the research myself, but concensus is that only for two handers there is a (small) difference in end result between 3rd and 1st Agers. 3rd and 2nd Agers take a few more grinding cycles to max, but not much more. Do take a look at one of the many guides about the imbuement system, as there are a few details you'll want to know.
    This one for instance: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...ry-Items-Guide
    This is good to know as after looking at the AH I realized I don't have enough gold to buy a 1st age yet. Sad state on my part I guess. 500GP is just way out of my league at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by DuncanMcDermott View Post
    This is good to know as after looking at the AH I realized I don't have enough gold to buy a 1st age yet. Sad state on my part I guess. 500GP is just way out of my league at this point.
    You may be able to get a kinnie or friend to craft the 1st age for you -- the materials needed are:
    1x Blemished Symbol of the Elder King
    2x Emerald Shard
    5x {high-grade Westemnet material, based on the item}
    7x Legendary Fragment

That first item is the rare one -- generally speaking, I see them at Auction for 100-150 Gold each.
    Emerald Shards -- if you don't already have some -- 20-30G each.
    If the crafter doesn't already have the recipe (requires high/maxed standing with the appropriate crafting guild), it's 1.2 or 1.6 Gold (IIRC)
    ... so in total, a feasible budget is 200G.

The recipe is a week-long cooldown, so if you have to hire someone to make it for you, I'd budget at 10-20G tip/fee (they might expect it, they might not, YMMV).

Edit/add (Thanks Raymore!): Emerald Shards are available for 312 Marks + 111 Medallions at Crafting barterers in Skirmish Camps (first Special Ingredients tab).
    Last edited by Passerby; Jan 24 2018 at 12:10 PM.

I always hate to ask anyone about making an item for me because I never know what items the recipe calls for. Now I know what I need to gather for the 1st age. Thanks

Just thinking about this is there a failure rate I should account for? or does the first attempt to make the item succeed?

Quote Originally Posted by DuncanMcDermott View Post
    Just thinking about this is there a failure rate I should account for? or does the first attempt to make the item succeed?
    No failure rate (or critical chance). Be sure to tell them if you want a custom name! =)

You can also buy the Emerald Shards at the Crafting NPC in a Skirmish Camp. I believe it's in the Special Ingredients Tab.
    It is logical, in view of the times in which we live. But to be logical is not to be right, and nothing on God's earth could ever make it right!
    - Judge Dan Haywood

If on Crickhollow, drop a mail to Astelle. Have full set of Anorien masters + max guild. I would just need symbol and shard(s)
    Oh and if you think you would be ok for now with a second age piece, symbols of Celebrimbor are a dime a dozen. (Well, compared to Elder King at least) Second age only needs one shard.

Side note: before deconstructing current legendaries, if they have good relics slotted, make sure to use relic removal scroll first.