We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

I think maybe someone forgot to upgrade the Rallying Cry self heal to reflect the massive morale increase

Yes, I know Cappy is a group class. However, leveling up from 105 to 115 in a solo fashion is a real adventure. While morale takes a massive increase from Mordor gear, the self heals are not upgraded to accommodate this. As a result, mobs are hitting much harder...and we're still left with the piddly 1200 morale burst and (I kid you not) 91-120 morale every 3 seconds for 15 seconds.

You're lucky if that shows up on your morale bar before a single hit by a Bezerker wipes it away and you have to hold your breath during the cooldown of the skill. Simply put, this skill should apply a % of morale. It shouldn't be a hard number. And, it DEFINITELY shouldn't be a hard number based on stats from 10 levels ago (or in truth, more levels ago than that). I'm getting the impression that Revealing Mark and Gallant Display are still basing their output on how a cappy used to be many many levels ago.

Solution: switch to percentage of morale.

A lot of classes have skills that haven't been upgraded since level 85. They haven't even scaled hunter and champ bubbles. It has to be embarrassing for any game developer to be so neglectful that players are running around with that haven't been scaled since 35 levels ago. I'm wondering how many resources actually go into raising the tool-tip of a skill.

Quote Originally Posted by 007Squanto View Post
    A lot of classes have skills that haven't been upgraded since level 85. They haven't even scaled hunter and champ bubbles. It has to be embarrassing for any game developer to be so neglectful that players are running around with that haven't been scaled since 35 levels ago. I'm wondering how many resources actually go into raising the tool-tip of a skill.
    It was driving me nutz. I was pretty well geared (at one point I had the mits capped around level 108) and I was still just getting by with mobs or 2 or 3...even using Revealing Mark. Then I took a closer look at the self-heals and realized that one good hit by a mob was wiping out the whole deal and then some. I've leveled a couple wardens, a burg, a champ, a beorning, fire runie and a couple of hunters through Mordor, and cruised. But, cappy has been tough all the way through. It was a bit embarrassing until I figured out why.

A solution for this, at least for now is the vanguard runes of binding. Rares are pretty cheap on the AH so if you have a couple hundred gold I'd recommend getting at least one of them (they don't require level 115 either so you can use them while leveling in Mordor).
    Nanci - 115 Captain / Hirandiel - 115 Hunter / Hildimar - 115 Minstrel - "Weekend at Bill Ferny's" - Arkenstone (formerly of Windfola)
    Nimgarthiel - 75 Captain / Gliriel - 50 Minstrel / Hereniel - 25 Hunter - "Succulent Meats" - Arkenstone

Also in Mordor for questing, Noble Mark > Revealing Mark.
    Nanci - 115 Captain / Hirandiel - 115 Hunter / Hildimar - 115 Minstrel - "Weekend at Bill Ferny's" - Arkenstone (formerly of Windfola)
    Nimgarthiel - 75 Captain / Gliriel - 50 Minstrel / Hereniel - 25 Hunter - "Succulent Meats" - Arkenstone

Dunno where is your 1200 RC heal from. My lvl 105 cappy with Throne gear (yet not the best geared) does 20k on crit without binding relics.
    Captain-General Narthrivor r15 Hunter - r12 Warden - r12 Champion - r7 Captain - r6 Guardian - Phoenix Legion and Innocent raid alliance - Laurelin EN-RP

Quote Originally Posted by RicoFTW View Post
    Dunno where is your 1200 RC heal from. My lvl 105 cappy with Throne gear (yet not the best geared) does 20k on crit without binding relics.
    20K? Really? My crit is about 5k if I"m lucky and I have the Rallying Cry legacy increasing it.

I feel you, shelfing my cappy as far as solo stuff goes in mordor for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Viper482 View Post
    I feel you, shelfing my cappy as far as solo stuff goes in mordor for now.
    You can do it in red tree (exclusively), but it's much more difficult than any other class. I took some of the advice above and grabbed a Binding relic, as well as switching to Noble Mark. I, also, dipped into destiny points for XP boosts so I could hit level 115 rather early and gear up for the remainder of the regions. I switched to level 115 gear at about Nargroth. It was still harder than other classes after that, but not a major problem as it was prior to that. You could do yellow tree (probably pretty easily), but you better pack a sandwich to eat while the marathon fights are going on.

And btw, as an addendum and a bit off topic...what's up with the Doomfold Banner of War? The stats (all of them) are worse than the Anorien Banner of War. It seems to me that the Dev assigned to this class passed it off to someone without the least bit of knowledge relative to the class...and didn't take a few minutes to study the previous tier gear. It's ridiculous. I've noticed this, also, with some of the other classes. Warden, the Doomfold Fist Carving is worse than the Anorien one. The newest Minstrel instruments have lower outgoing healing percentages. Rinse Lather Repeat...
    Last edited by Casmond; Dec 14 2017 at 10:50 AM.

Yes, the amount that rallyingcry heals in compare to the total morale is quite sad

but at 105, it was fine, it could heal 25k max for me.

So yes, they should increase the heal slightly and the HoT aswell

you can bring it up on the bullroarer forums, there the gms will look at it.

Captains can heal around 20-35k now probably with rallyingcry burst, if you use the correct items and max output in red.

They realy need to do something with Captain healing ,RK and Beornign healing as well, or just remove healing lines from those classes not to enrage people who are used to playing them as a healer for 10 years. Because right now any healer but Minstrel is useless in Mordor and can't keep up with the incoming damage. The difference between Mini and other "healers" is huge and there is no way to come remotely closer to Minstrel. With the best possible gear and two 96 runes the tooltip of RC is just 5-7k, while BC of the less geared mini is 15k.

The same is true for RK, hots scale poorly, bubles almost don't scale at all. And so on and so forth.

it aint rlly a mistake tho, ssg intended to nerf healing except for beorns
    even mini suffers from it

Quote Originally Posted by Arabani View Post
    They realy need to do something with Captain healing ,RK and Beornign healing as well, or just remove healing lines from those classes not to enrage people who are used to playing them as a healer for 10 years. Because right now any healer but Minstrel is useless in Mordor and can't keep up with the incoming damage. The difference between Mini and other "healers" is huge and there is no way to come remotely closer to Minstrel. With the best possible gear and two 96 runes the tooltip of RC is just 5-7k, while BC of the less geared mini is 15k.

The same is true for RK, hots scale poorly, bubles almost don't scale at all. And so on and so forth.
    All of the minstrel heals suffer the same problem, the only saving grace is the blue trait bonus Bolster Our Courage which turns the slow casting Bolster Courage into a 20m fellowship heal... which heals substantially more than BC. When cast on a tank, they benefit from both BC and the BOC effect, it is pretty much the only thing which can keep up with mordor damage and some even use 2 minstrels in the same fellowship as the tank to keep up with T2c healing required on the tank.

If that BOC trait set bonus was nerfed hard or removed, Minstrel would go from best to one of the worst healer because every minstrel heal is garbage, including BC.

Pre-Mordor, the lack of challenging content meant that they wallpapered over the cracks of class balance by not having difficult content, you could even get burglars healing a lot of content and in most cases, revealing mark was sufficient for dps.

I can get a decent heal with rallying cry on a defeat event, about 40k with my tank spec which has a lot of healing modifiers, but the heals in general are quite lackluster, blue spec just hasn't scaled well enough and it needs a significant boost similar to Beorning healing so it scales a lot better with might.

I'd prefer if BoC was modified on my Minstrel so that it was less potent and every other heal was significantly buffed and the healers were more on par, it really isn't exciting gameplay to mostly be hitting BC and only using some of the other instant heals to break BC's painfully long post casting animation.
    Last edited by Zvim666; Jan 18 2018 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zvim666 View Post
    All of the minstrel heals suffer the same problem, the only saving grace is the blue trait bonus Bolster Our Courage which turns the slow casting Bolster Courage into a 20m fellowship heal... which heals substantially more than BC. When cast on a tank, they benefit from both BC and the BOC effect, it is pretty much the only thing which can keep up with mordor damage and some even use 2 minstrels in the same fellowship as the tank to keep up with T2c healing required on the tank.

If that BOC trait set bonus was nerfed hard or removed, Minstrel would go from best to one of the worst healer because every minstrel heal is garbage, including BC.
    A lot of false information here.

Quote Originally Posted by siipperi View Post
    A lot of false information here.
    Really? Be specific. Because I haven't given any false information.

Quote Originally Posted by Zvim666 View Post
    Really? Be specific. Because I haven't given any false information.
    Removing AoE component without compensation would still keep minstrel as top healer, minstrel has enough healing on bolster alone to keep tanks alive in mordor and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by siipperi View Post
    Removing AoE component without compensation would still keep minstrel as top healer, minstrel has enough healing on bolster alone to keep tanks alive in mordor and so on.
    That is utter nonsense. If BC alone was remotely competitive, most minstrels would be yellow spec so they could also stack anthems.

A yellow bear would be a better healer than a minstrel if BoC was removed and that is despite tactical healing rating on their carving and relics being bugged and not working properly currently.

I left back in RoR and the first thing I noticed coming 'back' was how weak RC was. I remember this being a game changer and one of my first thoughts on return was that this heal may be so low that it's not worth the cast time and it might be safer to finish the enemy off instead. That is how far it's fallen. My war herald can heal for twice as much as my RC. I notice it's unlocked now, so I guess that explains the nerf. But so far at 89 it's quite terrible. Maybe when I hit cap I'll see it improve and i'll get those high heals another poster mentioned, but I guess that will mean that I am in for some heavy stat inflation.

Why is my coldfells banner a clone of the war banner....arggg.

Quote Originally Posted by Armitas View Post
    I left back in RoR and the first thing I noticed coming 'back' was how weak RC was. I remember this being a game changer and one of my first thoughts on return was that this heal may be so low that it's not worth the cast time and it might be safer to finish the enemy off instead. That is how far it's fallen. My war herald can heal for twice as much as my RC.
    RC gets decent again with the endgame healing runes - even the little 76es make a noticeable difference, let alone the big fat 125s.
    When I was levelling in Mordor I ensured I had bleed legs maxed, and used revealing mark and GW/CA bleeds as well as GD and Inspire to keep myself going.
    105s: Aedfrith (HN), Aldnoth (CP), Brai (RK), Hrolfdan (MN), Aeldfryd (WD), Morriarty (CH), Aednoth (LM), Mishhar (BR), Hraldan (GR), Rummbold (BG). Tinies - Rumbelina (MN), Aenghus (CP)
    Rangers of Eriador (officer), ex-Snowbourn now Laurelin - A Noob for All Seasons

Quote Originally Posted by Aedfrith View Post
    RC gets decent again with the endgame healing runes - even the little 76es make a noticeable difference, let alone the big fat 125s.
    When I was levelling in Mordor I ensured I had bleed legs maxed, and used revealing mark and GW/CA bleeds as well as GD and Inspire to keep myself going.
    Not decent enough to be a healer again. It can crit for about 20-25k with the raid gear. But I remind you it's only once every 15 seconds, other group "heals" do 1-3k non-crit and have at least 5 seconds cd, one is even 30 seconds.

Before Mordor I was able to heal every instance and even had spot in raid. Right now it is impossible to heal anyting non-trivial as a Captain. And there is Minstrel with 40-60k Bolster every 2 seconds( less then 2 seconds actually), with the possibility to cut animation of Bolster and Chord, with 5-6 Anthems of War and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabani View Post
    Not decent enough to be a healer again. It can crit for about 20-25k with the raid gear. But I remind you it's only once every 15 seconds, other group "heals" do 1-3k non-crit and have at least 5 seconds cd, one is even 30 seconds.

Before Mordor I was able to heal every instance and even had spot in raid. Right now it is impossible to heal anyting non-trivial as a Captain. And there is Minstrel with 40-60k Bolster every 2 seconds( less then 2 seconds actually), with the possibility to cut animation of Bolster and Chord, with 5-6 Anthems of War and so on.
    While I agree that minstrels heals better than captains (as it should be obivously), your 25k crits on RC seems low. You can easily crit 40k in red line with raid relics.
    Captain-General Narthrivor r15 Hunter - r12 Warden - r12 Champion - r7 Captain - r6 Guardian - Phoenix Legion and Innocent raid alliance - Laurelin EN-RP

While I agree that minstrels heals better than captains (as it should be obivously), your 25k crits on RC seems low. You can easily crit 40k in red line with raid relics.
    I have only 76 runes, I stoped playing Captain after I saw what they had done to my beloved class. Red or Yellow spec is of no interest for me and since I can't be a healer anymore (after 10 years in Hands of Healing/Blue line), I rolled a new Minstrel and playing her with experience locked. I fed up with Mordor and waiting for the class balance.

omg this guy just keep saying unproofed/unreal and pretentious stuff thread after thread xD « you can easily crit 40k in red line ». You could idd have the chance to see some 40k + crit with right gear, trait build and, most likely with the help of many fellow members ... but telling to the people you can do this EASILY, mate plz cut the sh1t. or show us some videos of your godly skills!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisoxmo View Post
    omg this guy just keep saying unproofed/unreal and pretentious stuff thread after thread xD « you can easily crit 40k in red line ». You could idd have the chance to see some 40k + crit with right gear, trait build and, most likely with the help of many fellow members ... but telling to the people you can do this EASILY, mate plz cut the sh1t. or show us some videos of your godly skills!!!!!!
    I agree, he's thinking of the normal t2c player, not the casual player running through mordor solo without a group...

Talking about I can do this in Throne gear with x mastery, x inc healing etc and saying everyone can mimic this is just plain dumb.
    Death's Bane | Arkenstone | Endgame
    Mirage | Arkenstone | 75 Capped
    Mirage | Anor
    Meneldor Native

Quote Originally Posted by chrisoxmo View Post
    Lol. Only because you cannot do that doesn't mean it's not possible. And yes I was talking about raid geared yet with just one heal rune. Any captain can tell you that at the right moment with the right buffs RC can go to 40k or above even.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast