We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    better not say anything else. you know what i mean

u lost elzzeq, you know u'll need to work hard to get what u got, or maybe havent got. this is fair. no titles on first day

Quote Originally Posted by Cenifh View Post
    being in need of teal gear to quest to begin with
    well... that point is really really wrong. I'd see how being below average means you need purple gear. needing teal to quest in mordor is awful.
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Anführer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

Exclamation A solution!

The only solution for me could be of release the Original challenger title with some new mechanics to get it, obviously that possible mini-update mustn't be in a beta round so that players won't know of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gormiot View Post
    You managed to screw up every possible aspect of the game (Except irrelevant, dull and pointless festivals).
    Unless I'm mistaken, all the good festival rewards are p2w with mithril coins now.

Quote Originally Posted by RANA01340 View Post
    Probably because of how much he got trolled on his livestream to the point of dropping this gem at 39 minutes in:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/207499642

lul
    That video was painful to watch. Cordovan looks like he is not liking his job at the moment. The deep sighs, the "I've already talked about the ash drops several times"...and of course, the executive producer is still in hiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Oelle View Post
    well... that point is really really wrong. I'd see how being below average means you need purple gear. needing teal to quest in mordor is awful.
    It's funny how u want to show that you are the better player here, yet I'm not the one passive-agressively trash talking another one to prove a point.

Yellow gear doesnt give you enough light to counter the mordor shadow, specially when you don't get it fast enough in an area you are already questing in. Yes, you can still try harder and complete quests, but my point still stands: you don't get the gear to quest in the area, you get the gear after you quest in the area with a negative shadow.

Raid mecanic still not polished on 100%. I sure if some kin get unqiue title as first challenger because they kill bosses with bug or exploit, you will hate this even more

Quote Originally Posted by Oelle View Post
    being able to practise on BR for weeks makes those firstkills irrelevant anyway. better not have them at all.
    to get a real competition for firstkills, no one should know the instance or its tactics when its released.
    This^^
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

Quote Originally Posted by elzeqq View Post
    please don't do this. you will literally destroy any little competion left in this game, people on bullroarer were practicing for weeks so they can compete on live and this is just very bad for the raiding community overall.
    i think if you don't change this and allow us to fight for the title when raid is out, my kin and most likely me, will also quit the game.
    Sorry, but I really had to laugh about this one. Let me summarize: You're actually complaining about not being able to get a 'server first' title that you and you kin have been training for for weeks (!) on Beta server, concluding that this will be bad for the raiding community overall? No offense meant, but I really thought this was a joke at first.

Kind regards
    Rhunar

Yellow gear doesnt give you enough light to counter the mordor shadow, specially when you don't get it fast enough in an area you are already questing in. Yes, you can still try harder and complete quests, but my point still stands: you don't get the gear to quest in the area, you get the gear after you quest in the area with a negative shadow.
    And I still dont see how it is an issue to quest with tier1 or tier2 shadow debuff.
    Imo, the mordor system is just like hope system in older zones. If you fought undeads or evil creatures, hope was useful. Still, there were points where you couldnt get enough hope to completely nullify it (unless you bought stacking hopebuffs in store).
    The system is meant to be annoying. If you can counter it completely and never bother with it, it has no reason to exist.

But nice that finally someone agrees to the bolded part.
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Anführer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

Raid mecanic still not polished on 100%. I sure if some kin get unqiue title as first challenger because they kill bosses with bug or exploit, you will hate this even more
    Then why release it at all if it is not ready?

Quote Originally Posted by Asfalred View Post
    Then why release it at all if it is not ready?
    hahaha. are you new here?
    there is nothing that gets released in a finished state and has not been for years.
    I cant remember the last bigger update that didnt have issues on release.

mordor and the update before had landscapefarmraids that led to loot being deleted.
    ithilien had too high flowerdroprates that were hotfixed some days later.
    far anorien... the raid came several updates late and even then still had major bugs that led to long discussions about who legitly got the firstkills.
    old anorien... well... performance being a mess around MT, which it still is... and there were several changes to barterguys for dailies afair which came later, like being able to exchange stuff between them as all people wanted was south-stuff (SoE).
    eastern gondor... err... too long, dont remember earlydayissues besides the loca just not happening for a long time. And I mean really having english texts and voice over a big part of the update, not just like 5 quests like in Mordor now.

...so actually, your question totally hits the point.

Quote Originally Posted by BangoTwinkletoes View Post
    Gotta love the e-peen.
    Exactly. {shudders}

I now understand the Headlines I have to suffer through each day. Makes more sense of 'human' nature.

I play this game for the story, the scenery, and the social interaction. I raid almost solely for the craic
    and the challenge. This sort of . . . thing . . . is just astounding. And getting their knickers in a twist
    about it is sort of it's own reward. It's like watching someone fume over not having been seen cutting
    someone else off in traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by SirVile View Post
    Exactly. {shudders}

I now understand the Headlines I have to suffer through each day. Makes more sense of 'human' nature.

I play this game for the story, the scenery, and the social interaction. I raid almost solely for the craic
    and the challenge. This sort of . . . thing . . . is just astounding. And getting their knickers in a twist
    about it is sort of it's own reward. It's like watching someone fume over not having been seen cutting
    Funny thing is, the "kin leader" thinks people want to be in a kin that QQs this hard. Can't see the truth in front that nearly all players don't want to, nor will ever apply to such a pretentious group of egos that profess skill, when simply they are exploiting un-reported mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by SirVile View Post
    Exactly. {shudders}

Quote Originally Posted by greetingsdownunder View Post
    Funny thing is, the "kin leader" thinks people want to be in a kin that QQs this hard. Can't see the truth in front that nearly all players don't want to, nor will ever apply to such a pretentious group of egos that profess skill, when simply they are exploiting un-reported mechanics.
    and yet, people apply on a daily basis, because they also want to raid and not only that, they want a real chance to beat the raid before next fall; and i dont mean this as in these people are better players, but just more commited to that feature of the game, because thats why they are playing lotro.

Everyone plays the game different, I myself do play way different than most of the players in Faded. I enjoy RP once in a while, I used to play music around, I do festivals on 3-4 toons, I joined the inn league, I actually do deeds on my 4 mains, complete questlines and epic on them, etc. I still dont see a reason why players always turn on each other and argue because they have different playstyles, to the point of harrassing them at any chance and any thread they pop out with their opinions.

Perhaps we should work on our tolerance deed a bit more, or ask SSG to raise its cap to 40; maybe then we could actually see that we are not that different, as in we all loved this game so much that we get angry when we see something that damages its population, because in the long run, that means it won't have a healthy state. We saw that before when the raiding community was slapped in the face with the introduction of big battles and the couple years of no raid/instances; or how alt unfriendly this game has become in the last years with all the grinding and the item binding to character.

Perhaps we should work on our tolerance deed a bit more, or ask SSG to raise its cap to 40;
    Maybe start with the leader of your kin?

You are delusional casual that gives nothing to this game. Shut up.

Faded is the only kin that spent weeks testing this broken raid for SSG and they are still gonna listen to nobody like you.

another deluded casual commenting, go away and do your festival quests.
    Founding Member of the Vocal Minority....

"Well my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle."
    Captain Malcolm Reynolds

As we took a look at the Abyss of Mordath over the weekend on Bullroarer and read your feedback, we uncovered a couple of issues that we do not want present when the raid opens to the public. We have decided to temporarily make the Abyss of Mordath raid inaccessible when Update 21.3 goes live on Monday, to give us time to correct these issues. This also allows players to compete for the Original Challenge title when the raid is first opened to the public. We will have more information about the raid’s opening soon. Additionally, the new raid Barter Vendors will not provide their services until the new raid opens to the public.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Google+ - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Find Cordovan on: Twitter Instagram
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    As we took a look at the Abyss of Mordath over the weekend on Bullroarer and read your feedback, we uncovered a couple of issues that we do not want present when the raid opens to the public. We have decided to temporarily make the Abyss of Mordath raid inaccessible when Update 21.3 goes live on Monday, to give us time to correct these issues. This also allows players to compete for the Original Challenge title when the raid is first opened to the public. We will have more information about the raid’s opening soon. Additionally, the new raid Barter Vendors will not provide their services until the new raid opens to the public.
    Very happy to hear this.
    ~Rank 11 Loremaster, Arkenstone~

~Rank 13 Warg, Arkenstone~

Finally something positive. Please keep in mind that as in beta 7, boss 1 and 2 is still overtuned. Reconsider changes of boss 1, beta 6 was good enough.
    Faded Youtube Channel

Asthma Rank 15 Minstrel
    Original Challenger of the Abyss

What's the new raid release ETA then? 1 day delay, 3 days delay? 2 weeks delay?

Quote Originally Posted by DisplTru View Post
    They should hold it off until the next update
    I saw the light fade from the sky
    On the wind I heard a sigh
    As the snowflakes cover my fallen brothers
    I will say this last goodbye

Quote Originally Posted by DisplTru View Post
    I don't want to commit until people get into the office on Monday and do the work on it, but the likely scenario is in the realm of days rather than anything longer.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Google+ - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Find Cordovan on: Twitter Instagram
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Overall, good news. It's just a shame it took a 5 page thread to convince SSG to do the logical thing.

2 Waterbank Road, Eryn Lelryn, Falathlorn Homesteads
    Then what is the point of updating on Monday, other than putting an end to CoS farming? If the raid isn't going to be available, the whole update should be postponed.
    Tolella Hlothran ~ Minstrel ~ 115
    Crickhollow
    Officer ~ Phoenix Rising

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast