We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

The LOTRO Beacon: Issue 39

Thank you for reading the LOTRO Beacon! Don't forget to reply below to the Weekly Comment for your chance to win 500 LOTRO Points. We'll select a random winner after Noon Eastern on Thursday, December 21st. Good luck!
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Google+ - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Find Cordovan on: Twitter Instagram
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

The Dwarves would win.

They like to fight more than the Elves and the are shorter to the ground , so not as far to bend to get to the snow to roll the very large balls to dump on the elves.

Are dwarves or elves more likely to win in a snowball fight, and why?

Dwarves.

Being shorter makes it easier to stoop behind protective barriers and bend down to re-arm.

Plus, those big ol' hands make for some large, lethal projectiles.

Elves will win, dwarves are shorter so they'll just get buried under the snow...

2 Waterbank Road, Eryn Lelryn, Falathlorn Homesteads
    Great deal on Eridaor pack. A ton of content for under 1000LP. Unless this is a last play at getting sales before the whole of pre-moria content goes F2P due to its age. then shame on devs for enticing people to wast money on the purchase.

Still waiting on character slot sales though. Going on five months since the last one.
    Tolella Hlothran ~ Minstrel ~ 115
    Crickhollow
    Officer ~ Phoenix Rising

I'd say Dwarves are more likely to win.

Thanks.

may the hair on your feet never fall off

Dwarves will win. Elves will get cold and head back inside first.

Have you ever seen Elf? Enough said.

Weekly Question 39

Dwarves. Smaller targets.
    "...At least it tells us they understand our language; they're just not willing to speak to us in it. -Who knew they were French?"

Dwarves, cause they live in mountains where there is snow and know more about snow fighting then the elves.
    Pontin Level 115 Hobbit Burglar Kinship Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server. Staff member of the Lord of the Rings Discord Server, and Owner of Middle-Earth Lore discord.
    Alts: Legoan Elf Hunter, Belladonea Hobbit Minstrel, Unnari Dwarf Guardian, Jorunn Man Captain, Sallyberry Hobbit Warden. Laurelin Server, Edwell Man Hunter.

Here's some of my Screenshots Throughout Middle Earth. Also can follow me on Twitter for Adventures in Middle Earth and more!

Elves will win because they have higher agility and better views in the snow field (an elf is obviously higher than a dwarf).

Quote Originally Posted by LethalLethality View Post
    Still waiting on character slot sales though. Going on five months since the last one.
    So do I

Dwarves.

Brandy: Cupcakes of Doom.
    Landro: Trueheart Companions.

Elves because, as in dodge ball, they're too agile to hit.

Have I heard "hobbits"?

Dwarves will win.

Dwarves will win in a snowball fight between Dwarves and Elves.

There are many reasons for this:

1) It's the beards. Dwarven beards are usually very full, and will soften the blow from any snowmall that does hit a dwarven target, allowing the dwarf to strike back immediately without having to wipe ice and snow of their faces.

2) It's the length. #1. You would be surprised how hard it is for a person at elven or human length to accurately target at an downward angle, and not hit the ground first.

3) It's the length. #2. Being of shorter statue, there is less surface to hit, therefore an elf would have a harder time hitting a target.

4) It's the cold. Dwarves are raised in cold climates. They learn how to deal with snow at a young age, and Ered Luin has snow year round.

5) It's the length. #3. From the other side, Elves are much taller, and therefore much harder to overshoot. As long as you have the general direction right, you will likely hit the elf.

6) It's the heritage. Dwarves are used to hurling heavy objects, so they will do fine with smaller ones as well. Elves on the other hand are used to dainty arrows, and you can't shoot an arrow made of snow.

7) It's the length. #4. Dwarves, being shorter, can easily hide behind the nearest snowman. Also, they can reach for snow faster and reload their arsenal. Some dwarves would be able to do this WHILE RUNNING, which would be impossible for Elves.

8) It's the ALE! Most important of all, everyone knows snowball fighting is enhanced by drinking a ration of proper dwarven ale to keep you warm. Not dainty Elven Spring wine from a crystal elven glass..... No, ALE from a WOODEN MUG, accompanied with a back-carried WOODEN KEG of delicious, wonderful ale. Don't tell me you have not heard of the Frostbuff ALE emergency and how snow (and, okay.... guards) has to be overcome to deliver the new ale? This makes ALE the superior drink when snowball fighting. Not elven wine.... ALE!

9) The ALE will cause the dwarves to have to pee a lot. This causes yellow snow. Elves are repulsed by Yellow Snow, and while they are being repulsed by the yellow snow, getting annoyed and distracted.... it is THEN that a dwarf will strike, and plant a big round snowball of unimaginable power into the elf's face.

It's final. Dwarves cannot be beat in snowball fighting. And they are only rivaled by Hobbits, being even smaller targets....
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

Dwarves would win--it's easier to duck!

dwarves vs. elves

Dwarves determination and sturdiness may help them to win this battle.

Elves would become bored. It really depends on what the prize is.

Dwarves of course!

Sergio :-)
    Moved from Riddermark to Landroval on 2/10/1015!

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post

Thank you for reading the LOTRO Beacon! Don't forget to reply below to the Weekly Comment for your chance to win 500 LOTRO Points. We'll select a random winner after Noon Eastern on Thursday, December 21st. Good luck!
    The snow balls, white on the mountain tonight
    Not a freekill to be seen.
    A kingdom of instigation,
    and it looks like dwarves attack
    Thranduil is smirking like I've just been assailed,
    Couldn't keep it in;
    Had to step on them.

Don't let them in,
    don't let them see
    Be the good elf you always have to be
    Conceal, don't feel,
    don't let them know
    Well now they know

Let it go, let it go
    Can't hold it back anymore

Let it go, let it go
    Now dwarves are using snow catapults
    I don't care
    what they're going to play
    Let the storm rage on.
    The cold never bothered me anyway

It's funny how some distance
    Makes everything seem small
    And the ice that once controlled me
    Can't get to me at all

It's time to see what I can do
    To test the limits and break through
    I can't wait for episode two...

In the mouth, why you…

The dwarves would probably win with snowball catapults, but I'm rooting for the elves.
    Last edited by Sunrider2; Dec 14 2017 at 10:15 PM.

Merry Yule Fest

Q: Are dwarves or elves more likely to win in a snowball fight, and why?
    A: Elves, They are quicker and presumably have a longer reach.

Who's better in a snowball fight?

Elves, because dwarves are big fat targets.

Dwarves may be shorter, but they are wider targets, while elves just have to stand side ways and they are as thin as a board.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast