We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    Does Seregost and Naerband even reward ashable gear before level cap? I'm guessing running at at anything below level cap will not be worth the effort as there will be nothing of use inside the chests regarding gear for a non capped char running Mordor.

I still don't understand Cord's answer. If there is no requirement to use level 112 barterable gear and the objective is to use gear provided via content (only quest content awards ashable gear before cap), then why is that gear available for barter in the game?
    I don't think he understands that with all of the quest gear at lvl 115, the best you can get to is about like 100 (give or take a little) light.
    This isn't enough to 'do the content' like Seregost or Naerband, once a day.
    From what I understand the Loot is still heavy on the RNG so as others have posted before, they might get nothing...

Or.. are we supposed to:
    Quest all areas in purely quest gear since nothing will drop on landscape anymore.
    Finish the entire linear progression though Mordor to open dailies.
    Do dailies until you get enough tokens to get rare gear on top of any crafted gear you can make.
    THEN go into the instances and fail over and over because you don't have the stats to complete them, that is.. IF you can find anyone who hasn't already done them that day?

PS: I still want to see Cord go through Mordor to show us the light..
    Founding Member of the Vocal Minority....

"Well my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle."
    Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Jillymala View Post
    I don't think he understands that with all of the quest gear at lvl 115, the best you can get to is about like 100 (give or take a little) light.
    From what I understand the Loot is still heavy on the RNG so as others have posted before, they might get nothing...

Or.. are we supposed to:
    Quest all areas in purely quest gear since nothing will drop on landscape anymore.
    Do dailies until you get enough tokens to get rare gear on top of any crafted gear you can make.
    THEN go into the instances and fail over and over because you don't have the stats to complete them, that is.. IF you can find anyone who hasn't already done them that day?

A full set of lvl 115 crafting gear yields 160 light - more than enough for Instances on T1. There is more than ash to equip yourself.

There are also other options like allegiances.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorondir View Post
    A full set of lvl 115 crafting gear yields 160 light - more than enough for Instances on T1. There is more than ash to equip yourself.

Fair enough. So now you can do T1 once a day and maybe get a piece of useable gear.
    How long do you think it will be before you can do T2?

(legit question I've no idea)

Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Or.. are we supposed to:

Going through all linear content in Mordor in only quest rewards results in hitting a wall at level 112 as players do not have enough LoE to take on TU and Agar. Even if they manage to get through those two areas by tapping on landscape, it's doubtful they will make it through the end instances of each region. If they make it, then the grind begins to get the LoE needed for instances. Once that is over, the grind begins to get higher LoE for harder runs. By then, Mirkwood should be on its fourth round of hotfixes

Agreed, it would be nice to see a dev or Cord go through this content without any help of invincibility chest pieces and purely using Mordor questing.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorondir View Post

Players have got to get to level cap first, and get through the 112 barrier, before they can use crafted gear of any sort.

This solution still doesn't address the burning question . . . .

Why is there level 112 ash barter gear in the game, when there is no way to get ash to barter for it at that level?

Actually a full set of the best crafted gear will top 200 LoE, enough for Seregost and Naerband T2. Not been on BR this time so not sure how much LoE is required for the raid.
    Problem is though each piece requires 3 * 1 day CD crafting mat and a Gorg Crafting Frag that occasionally drop from the instance chests, which now have daily locks.
    Assuming you are lucky enough to get 1 Gorg Frag a day, you are looking at 21 days minimum for a full set due to the crafting mat CD. (Unless ofc you use the AH).

Why is there level 112 ash barter gear in the game, when there is no way to get ash to barter for it at that level?
    Wellllllll... I'm fairly certain the answer is:

Because you can get ash from lootboxes. They are level 106 and keys can be located in the store for convenience of course.

Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Grapold View Post
    Actually a full set of the best crafted gear will top 200 LoE, enough for Seregost and Naerband T2. Not been on BR this time so not sure how much LoE is required for the raid.
    Problem is though each piece requires 3 * 1 day CD crafting mat and a Gorg Crafting Frag that occasionally drop from the instance chests, which now have daily locks.
    Assuming you are lucky enough to get 1 Gorg Frag a day, you are looking at 21 days minimum for a full set due to the crafting mat CD. (Unless ofc you use the AH).
    This is circular though. To get 200 LOE from crafted gear, one has to do the intances to earn the fragments. The drop rate for these fragments on t1 is abysmal, and with the daily lock, is going to be like pulling teeth. The drop rate on t2 is better, but you need the 200 LoE first to go in there. These are gold generating items, kept in the toughest content to keep them rare. Normal progression shouldn't be tied down to items like this. Raid progression, fair enough, but we're talking basic gear progression from t1 to t2 here.

Players have got to get to level cap first, and get through the 112 barrier, before they can use crafted gear of any sort.

This solution still doesn't address the burning question . . . .

This is the biggest problem, you first need to get to lvl 115 before you can use crafted.
    There is also an intermediate lvl 112 set available from Allegiance, but the amount of allegiance you can earn prior to doing dailies @ 115 doesn't even make this viable.

Wellllllll... I'm fairly certain the answer is:

Because you can get ash from lootboxes. They are level 106 and keys can be located in the store for convenience of course.
    Not just convenience. Keys can ONLY be obtained in store by characters under level cap. They cannot do dailies to earn them.

Not just convenience. Keys can ONLY be obtained in store by characters under level cap. They cannot do dailies to earn them.
    Attempt at poor humor since we were told the store would be for convenience only.. gear would never be sold in it.

Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Grapold View Post
    The quests don't give enough LoE gear to get most classes/players past the first two areas and the instances are locked behind discovery in the last two areas.
    Actually, questing through with only questgear is no issue. I did in on guardian, feel free to tell me which class has it even harder with lvl100 DA gear on entering mordor. While questing through mordor, I never was higher than tier2 shadow debuff and I only died when I pulled too many signatures/elites (damn that old habit to always pull 5 enemies no matter how they are rated before starting a fight as guardian (signature+ actually hurts a bit in Mordor)).

Well, by doing the content means Seregost and Naerband, the instances you are putting locks on?
    Wait.. how will they reach 150 light if they only get yellow gear from questing.. at best thats like 50 light..
    150 light is no problem with basic crafted gear, which costs nearly nothing and there should really be enough crafters with all those recipes available that would even sell those stuff if people really want to ignore crafting themselves. Its just one 18h cd per item and most crafts have several of those CDs available, so can create 2 items per day and character. And questing ends you at more than 80 LoE. I dont remember the exact number after questing through Mordor, but I was somewhere between 80 and 100 in the end.

I really dont get that lvl112 wall you people mention every now and then. What exactly is so hard, that one cant quest through? With which class? I mean... if there are no issues as guardian, which is easily the class with the worst dps of all... then who else can have issues?
    And even if there was such a thing like a wall at 112, there are several ways to get experience and you can just come back at higher levels with crafted gear and more LoE. There is no need to use ash, its just a way to surpass some steps in gearing up via the intended route (leveling->crafting->t1->t2->raid) as with enough ash you can jump directly to raiding. As you get bigger amounts of ash in the higher end of the spectrum, I see ash as an easy way to gear twinks, but obviously its not intended to jump with every character from leveling directly to raidequipment.
    My guard is now lvl115 with 160 LoE, never bought any ash-gear and never even opened a mordor-lootbox. Besides Naerband, which is a freaking instance with just too huge burst damage everywhere (orc berserks, orc chiefs and endboss (I dislike kiting for trash as it hits too hard for a healing beorning even in T1)), everything in T1/craftinginstances/landscape works completely fine.
    Last edited by Oelle; Dec 07 2017 at 09:11 PM.
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Anführer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

Quote Originally Posted by Oelle View Post
    Actually, questing through with only questgear is no issue. I did in on guardian, feel free to tell me which class has it even harder with lvl100 DA gear on entering mordor. While questing through mordor, I never was higher than tier2 shadow debuff and I only died when I pulled too many signatures/elites (damn that old habit to always pull 5 enemies no matter how they are rated before starting a fight as guardian (signature+ actually hurts a bit in Mordor)).

150 light is no problem with basic crafted gear, which costs nearly nothing and there should really be enough crafters with all those recipes available that would even sell those stuff if people really want to ignore crafting themselves. Its just one 18h cd per item and most crafts have several of those CDs available, so can create 2 items per day and character. And questing ends you at more than 80 LoE. I dont remember the exact number after questing through Mordor, but I was somewhere between 80 and 100 in the end.

I really dont get that lvl112 wall you people mention every now and then. What exactly is so hard, that one cant quest through? With which class? I mean... if there are no issues as guardian, which is easily the class with the worst dps of all... then who else can have issues?
    And even if there was such a thing like a wall at 112, there are several ways to get experience and you can just come back at higher levels with crafted gear and more LoE. There is no need to use ash, its just a way to surpass some steps in gearing up via the intended route (leveling->crafting->t1->t2->raid) as with enough ash you can jump directly to raiding. As you get bigger amounts of ash in the higher end of the spectrum, I see ash as an easy way to gear twinks, but obviously its not intended to jump with every character from leveling directly to raidequipment.
    My guard is now lvl115 with 160 LoE, never bought any ash-gear and never even opened a mordor-lootbox. Besides Naerband, which is a freaking instance with just too huge burst damage everywhere (orc berserks, orc chiefs and endboss (I dislike kiting for trash as it hits too hard for a healing beorning even in T1)), everything in T1/craftinginstances/landscape works completely fine.
    There is a wall at level 112 for any character that hits TU with only quest rewards (and hence only 56 LoE for a +70 - 80 shadow area). Guardian has good survivability, albeit with poor dps. Yes, there are ways to level up XP and go back and hit that content over level, but that isn't running the content - it's bypassing it. If cord wants to come in here and state that is the intent of the design, then hey, so be it. But I somehow doubt we will see him do that, because I seriously doubt SSG would state that they intended to add content that players would have to run backwards through.

The problem with all this after the fact ash nerfing is:

A) New players coming into the content, or players returning to the game after an absence (now that the raid is dropping next week) suffer SSG's wrath
    -- or --
    B) All the players who already worked through the content, are now geared, and many of whom are ash farming while they can to bank up. Lucky them.

Bottom line The only people really affected by this are those who DID NOT purchase and played early. Smh.

(....oh, but wait! conveniently you can buy keys now only from the store en masse for chances to get all the ash you need, whew! /sarcasm!)
    Last edited by AikiW0lf; Dec 07 2017 at 09:47 PM.

Going through all linear content in Mordor in only quest rewards results in hitting a wall at level 112 as players do not have enough LoE to take on TU and Agar. Even if they manage to get through those two areas by tapping on landscape, it's doubtful they will make it through the end instances of each region. If they make it, then the grind begins to get the LoE needed for instances. Once that is over, the grind begins to get higher LoE for harder runs. By then, Mirkwood should be on its fourth round of hotfixes

Agreed, it would be nice to see a dev or Cord go through this content without any help of invincibility chest pieces and purely using Mordor questing.
    Yes they do, if they actually quest through Lhingris.

And the fragment drop rate isnt that abysmal from tier 1, sure people wont be able to fully kit out the purple crafted pieces right away... But that's not the point.

Minor observations.

Yes, the ones who paid $$ to get into mordor early got it easy. Lots of drops and groups running content (aka mordor zones NOT level 115 gated instances). Any new character gets screwed - especially any caster with the completely stupid outgoing healing on 75% of the quest rewards. At least medium and heavy get OK dps rewards.

I tried 50 black keys on bullroarer. 50% useless essences, 25% garden/snake/frog, 25% purples similar to second tier of crafted. ZERO teals. About 2000 ash including the purples. From 50 boxes. LOL. Total waste.

Characters will be forced to prelevel using RT in N Ithilien/Dagorlad to 107-109 before entering udun to get to 115 at the end of llingris and get crafted gear. Then run TV with that gear after argenaith.

Only one of the 5000 alliance rep boxes (udun) can be obtained without going through a lot of level 115 mobs. So nothing there until close to 115..

I have several 99-102 chars stuck abandoned on the empowerment/starlit grind for imbuing. MT dailies give 6 per day for doing all three.

This leads to me not playing for over a week with no reason in the future to login to farm keys or redo the boring 3 man CoS anymore.

So, clear cash grab for store bought keys. Not interested.

Just my opinion so discard at will.

There is a wall at level 112 for any character that hits TU with only quest rewards (and hence only 56 LoE for a +70 - 80 shadow area). Guardian has good survivability, albeit with poor dps. Yes, there are ways to level up XP and go back and hit that content over level, but that isn't running the content - it's bypassing it. If cord wants to come in here and state that is the intent of the design, then hey, so be it. But I somehow doubt we will see him do that, because I seriously doubt SSG would state that they intended to add content that players would have to run backwards through.
    You make a very good point here Arnenna. I was having such a difficult time doing Mordor quests and landscape that I went back to repeatedly doing "warg pens" to level to 115 so I could have an easier go at it. It seems weird that Mordor doesn't seem to offer a smooth and appealing leveling system to reach level cap??? I have never encountered this in any of Lotro's previous new content areas that came with a level cap increase.

The worst thing though is that I had a more positive opinion of Mordor when I first experienced it. Now, after kicking it around a bit, I am finding it less and less enticing and enjoyable. And I must not be alone in this because I don't see as many questing in the area as I once did...
    Welden of Elendilmir

Quote Originally Posted by Hallandil View Post

And the fragment drop rate isnt that abysmal from tier 1, sure people wont be able to fully kit out the purple crafted pieces right away... But that's not the point.
    No, they don't. Even with the couple of +4 LoE pieces at the end of Lhingris, a player still falls short of light for the +80 shadow that appears very early (as in, just a few metres down the road) in TU. I suppose some players get lucky on the 6 rare chests available to under capped players and drop some teals/purples, but that's not guaranteed, and is more likely to not happen.

Speak for yourself on the drop rates in T1, not everyone is as lucky with RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by welden View Post
    You make a very good point here Arnenna. I was having such a difficult time doing Mordor quests and landscape that I went back to repeatedly doing "warg pens" to level to 115 so I could have an easier go at it. It seems weird that Mordor doesn't seem to offer a smooth and appealing leveling system to reach level cap??? I have never encountered this in any of Lotro's previous new content areas that came with a level cap increase.

The worst thing though is that I had a more positive opinion of Mordor when I first experienced it. Now, after kicking it around a bit, I am finding it less and less enticing and enjoyable. And I must not be alone in this because I don't see as many questing in the area as I once did...
    You also raise a very good point. Mordor, first run, is new and exciting, and most importantly, bustling with activity. It's always going to be easier when all those ingredients are in the mix. Tapping, always being more or less guaranteed that if you hit trouble, there is going to be another player along very shortly to throw in a few hits because they are after the same mob as you. By alt three or four, and in a for most part, empty Mordor (as in, empty of players actually questing the areas), it's a very different kettle of fish.

I know a lot of players that are powerleveling through WP, or using festivals to level to cap, just so they can run Mordor. When it is preferable to run the content 10 levels over, then I don't know what to say.

The most tragic thing I find about Mordor is a lot of us who have been playing for a long time have been looking forward to Mordor for as a climax to our adventure. To me Mordor should be a time when we are having fun with the friends we have made along the long road to Mordor, reminiscing about our journey, and looking forward to the next adventure. Instead Mordor just feels tedious, not very well planned, and just not fun at all. Overall I've been disappointed with it and hope the next expansion will be better but based on the business model shift with SSG I'm not going to hold my breath. I sincerely hope that the people who make the decisions on these thing reconsider their thoughts on the ash drops and instance locks but I think we are to far down the rabbit hole for them to consider it. To me Mordor a low point in LOTRO history when it could of been a shining star.

Actually, questing through with only questgear is no issue.
    Making this your main point tells me you are missing the actual issue. Firstly, it's been said before what is fine for you, may be difficult for someone else. What is difficult for someone else can be extremely frustrating/game quitting for another. But all of that is irrelevant.

The issue is the glaring....continuous...incons istencies when it comes to gear/loot progression. The walk backs. The "oops, that was a bug". The, "well, we never intended". We are 4.5 months into the Mordor expansion and the impression is that the current team still doesn't know what the hell they are doing. It's come to the point where I'm actually starting to pity Cordovan because the people behind the scenes making the decisions aren't making his job any easier. The bottom line here....the numbers reflect that less people are playing the game now than before Mordor was launched...the last thing you want to do is intentionally make going through Mordor even more tedious.

This is a 10+year old game. They should have this sort of stuff down by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hallandil View Post

Doing the raid is easy way for light as well.

Yeah they really painted themselves into a corner with the stat bloat from essences. Their solution, add Radiance, I mean LoE. Adjust the stats to nerf everyone, add a new mechanic to stupidly buff the mobs. Now everyone who said it was faceroll will be happy. I like faceroll landscape content. I like that after 6 years and learning how to play my classes I could run through the quests with little to no problem. This isn't the dawn of f2p when the servers were so jam packed you couldn't interact with crafting stations or npcs. I don't want to have to wait around hoping two or three of my kinmates(that still log in semi-regularly)hop on so I can beg them to help me, because it's a chore.

This whole thing is only going to get worse as more people return to "purchase" Mordor with LP. How many people, after leveling multiple alts, are going to want to drag people through the slog of landscape questing? When your friends finally do catch up we'll be on the next area.

I preferred pull a lot in mordor, can kill good 10-15 targets in about 1.5 minutes or so it speeds things nicely. On top of that fights vs 1-2 are harder than vs 10 imo. Dont waste time describing how easy its to get minimum light. I have already did that few times and always good amount of excuses popping, one dont even require any ash gear for such light amount. And it all will be irrelevant in raid, just pop in and get pretty much always item and if you dont want to use it you get old teal item with few of them.

You dont need to kite in t1 naerband.

Quote Originally Posted by siipperi View Post
    I preferred pull a lot in mordor, can kill good 10-15 targets in about 1.5 minutes or so it speeds things nicely. On top of that fights vs 1-2 are harder than vs 10 imo. Dont waste time describing how easy its to get minimum light. I have already did that few times and always good amount of excuses popping, one dont even require any ash gear for such light amount. And it all will be irrelevant in raid, just pop in and get pretty much always item and if you dont want to use it you get old teal item with few of them.

You dont need to kite in t1 naerband.
    You need a certain amount of light to do the raid in the first place though. I know it's 200 light on T2 for the first stretch although that obviously goes up over the raid. Will be hard to get ash/gear from the raid if one can't get an invite because they are lacking enough light in the first place.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast