We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Cord+ of the Rings: Summarised 12/7

Cord+ of the Rings: Summarised.

Sorry I'm so late! Wanted to get this post up earlier but something came in in between, I hope I'll still provide some info to those who haven't had the time yet to watch the stream. Just as a general note, I really enjoy reading your responses but I hope we can abstain from engaging in petty responses aimed at other forum members in these threads. It devalues discussion points like these when half the thread is discussing whether someone is trolling or not, you can't expect SSG to read multi page threads when half of it is just throwing around insults. Thanks, and keep up the great discusion!

General

• A slow news week, because Cord was breaking his head over the troves and trickery quest…
    • SSG has a new employee, someone for the marketing team. Not huge news but new people seem to indicate a healthy company.
    • Cord will be do a better job following up on questions, no new info was given in this weeks follow up but there was given a 100% guarantee on keeping your old unbound keys unbound.
    • A 21.4 could still be coming but by going straight to update 22 is also possible, a potential 21.4 would include bug fixes and nothing too exciting.
    • No plans to add more regions to the f2p portion of the game, nothing to announce either about bundling all pre Mordor expansions.
    • Mordor bundles will be available 'long term.' Being able to upgrade bundles is likely not coming.
    • There will be new cloaks and other cosmetics for yule. It was revealed that the winter festival will also have a snow white hare and an owl as cosmetic pets.
    • No plans for a level cap increase in 2018 as of yet.
    • "Mirkwood won't be mordor in size, but it won't be small either" Make of that what you will
    • Hobbit and dwarves might be in update 22, could be a little later.

Mordor

• A final bullroarer this weekend, if all goes well release next week.
    • Chest locks and the removal of ash gear are still planned. Cord declined to comment on how long it would take to get the new gear considering that will be different for everyone. He repeated that Ash was never meant as a primary gear acquisition system.
    • PvMP work will continue, it wasn't entirely clear if what's on Bullroarer now is everything that's going to hit live or if there will be even more work in (Short-term) future updates.
    • Cos DoN Chests locks will be per tier. Cord can't get into numbers but when a 90% increase was mentioned he said we can expect 'much much higher'

Also, If I may be so rude, I know Cord reads these threads because of last weeks replies and my question didn't get answered on stream so I'll ask it here. I can sort where you are going with the chest locks. But how are people supposed to earn the Anfalas Empowerment scrolls for their Legendary Weapon? Currently you need about 217 (31 levels for each legacy x 7 legacies per weapon) Anfalas scrolls to max out a first age LI. Both FI's awards between 2-6, grinding for those empowerment scrolls was pretty fun in CoS as a relatively newely capped player, but since that is being removed it's going to take forever again to grind out your LI, unless you start doing old content of course, like the MT dailies but what's the fun in that? So, are there any plans to be able to either earn more scrolls, or lower the scrolls necesary?

Closing Notes:
    The Livestream
    Please keep in mind that everything noted here is paraphrased and is only a summary, I recommend seeing the full livestream.

See ya the week! :P
    The road goes ever on.

Answer to your question
    Mithril
    Featured Instances
    Mithril
    Mithril
    Mithril
    Mithril

Oh wait no this game is pushing the store over content lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ronimli View Post
    [*] Cord will be do a better job following up on questions, no new info was given in this weeks follow up but there was given a 100% guarantee on keeping your old unbound keys unbound.
    Well this is good news, um that is if it's true. Losing trust in SSG! Daily!

[*] Chest locks and the removal of ash gear are still planned. Cord declined to comment on how long it would take to get the new gear considering that will be different for everyone. He repeated that Ash was never meant as a primary gear acquisition system.
    The more I read this, the more annoyed I get by it! They have taken this Mordor expansion and turned it into something I would have never spent a dime on! EVER! The many changes that have happened within the last few months has made what I purchased (with real money mind you) not only seem like bait and switch but I'm wondering how legal it is to keep making such changes once real money was spent on it?

My question is, how is a level 105 supposed to not only play through Mordor but also get armor to be able to progress through Mordor NOW?

Nothing is/was put into place for those newly entering Mordor to replace the (no more drops on landscape) armor...sooo some 1 please tell me how are they supposed to get through Mordor only on quest rewards??

If you think people will buy keys to open lootboxes guess again! With the amount of junk that is now in them, no 1 in thier right mind would spend LP/money to buy keys! Ok... some people will buy them, but I won't be 1 of them that's for sure!

Thank you Ronimli for posting this!

Also, If I may be so rude, I know Cord reads these threads because of last weeks replies and my question didn't get answered on stream so I'll ask it here. I can sort where you are going with the chest locks. But how are people supposed to earn the Anfalas Empowerment scrolls for their Legendary Weapon? Currently you need about 217 (31 levels for each legacy x 7 legacies per weapon) Anfalas scrolls to max out a first age LI. Both FI's awards between 2-6, grinding for those empowerment scrolls was pretty fun in CoS as a relatively newely capped player, but since that is being removed it's going to take forever again to grind out your LI, unless you start doing old content of course, like the MT dailies but what's the fun in that? So, are there any plans to be able to either earn more scrolls, or lower the scrolls necesary?

Closing Notes:
    The Livestream
    Please keep in mind that everything noted here is paraphrased and is only a summary, I recommend seeing the full livestream.

See ya the week! :P
    To supply some sort of bootstrapped answer to your question, as of update 21.3, the best method of obtaining crystals will revert back to being from the Throne of the Dread Terror (ithil coins barter) and for empowerment scrolls, the most reliable method be those Minas Tirith dailies.

Quote Originally Posted by kickman77 View Post
    Answer to your question
    Mithril
    Featured Instances
    Mithril
    Mithril
    Mithril
    Mithril

Oh wait no this game is pushing the store over content lol
    There is very little reason to do FI.

Cordovan said instances have really high drop rates. Over 90% on T2, which is nice.

I did want to add a bit to some of your points:

• A slow news week, because Cord was breaking his head over the troves and trickery quest…

Was it? Seemed pretty full of Q&A and news to me. True on Troves and Trickery though.

• SSG has a new employee, someone for the marketing team. Not huge news but new people seem to indicate a healthy company.
    • Cord will be do a better job following up on questions, no new info was given in this weeks follow up but there was given a 100% guarantee on keeping your old unbound keys unbound.

I followed up on a bunch of stuff from last week:

- Followed up to make sure we weren't sending out any advertising on LOTROstream. Looks like whatever preroll ad that person saw was coming from Twitch.
    - Answered a question that Gorgoroth lockboxes would indeed have new gear in 21.3.
    - Confirmed that currently-unbound Black Steel keys would remain unbound post 21.3.
    - Followed up on a suggestion to allow housing Garlands to be used on either a wall or ceiling. That's not possible, so we'd have to make separate versions in multiple colors for each.
    - Confirmed that High elves should be able to complete the Dwarven Prologue.

• A 21.4 could still be coming but by going straight to update 22 is also possible, a potential 21.4 would include bug fixes and nothing too exciting.
    • No plans to add more regions to the f2p portion of the game, nothing to announce either about bundling all pre Mordor expansions.

I don't recall saying this? Someone had asked if we were going to expand a couple of places in the game that already existed, which we don't currently have plans for. There will certainly be new places accessible to Free to Play players in the future. We do have no plans to offer a pre-Mordor bundle, though.

• Mordor bundles will be available 'long term.' Being able to upgrade bundles is likely not coming.
    • There will be new cloaks and other cosmetics for yule. It was revealed that the winter festival will also have a snow white hare and an owl as cosmetic pets.
    • No plans for a level cap increase in 2018 as of yet.
    • "Mirkwood won't be mordor in size, but it won't be small either" Make of that what you will
    • Hobbit and dwarves might be in update 22, could be a little later.

They will be released when they are ready. Could be U22, though!

For Anfalas scrolls, they can be obtained through the Featured Instances and a bunch of quests.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Google+ - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Find Cordovan on: Twitter Instagram
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    ...and a bunch of quests.
    Well, that narrows it down. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Hallandil View Post
    To supply some sort of bootstrapped answer to your question, as of update 21.3, the best method of obtaining crystals will revert back to being from the Throne of the Dread Terror (ithil coins barter) and for empowerment scrolls, the most reliable method be those Minas Tirith dailies.
    So the most reliable method of getting current end-game item(s) is by doing content that is anywhere from 1.5 years old (Throne) to over 2 years old (MT dailies).

Makes sense. <--- that was sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by Denhith View Post
    Well, that narrows it down. Thanks.
    Minas Tirith dailies, BBs and FI's to name just a few.

What about class balance? when will we start seeing some work on this? Before update 22 or after? @Cord

• Chest locks and the removal of ash gear are still planned. Cord declined to comment on how long it would take to get the new gear considering that will be different for everyone. He repeated that Ash was never meant as a primary gear acquisition system.

So is the level 112 ash NPC being removed from Mordor? What's the point in having an NPC to barter level 112 gear for ash, that was never intended to be present in the game?
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

For Anfalas scrolls, they can be obtained through the Featured Instances and a bunch of quests.
    Which quests? You mean the level 100 quests that were released two years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Happychappy View Post
    Minas Tirith dailies, BBs and FI's to name just a few.
    I appreciate you chiming in (genuinely), I just think it would be great if the actual employee of SSG could give a better answer to a specific question other than "a bunch of quests".
    I also realize I may be asking too much at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    [/LIST]

So is the level 112 ash NPC being removed from Mordor? What's the point in having an NPC to barter level 112 gear for ash, that was never intended to be present in the game?
    Huh? I never said Ash wasn't intended to be present in the game. We have tried to be clear that Ash of Gorgoroth is meant to be a non-primary way to get gear, with the primary method being running the content. We are working to better align with that principle in Update 21.3 through guaranteed or near-guaranteed drops depending on difficulty in the Update 21 instances.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Google+ - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Find Cordovan on: Twitter Instagram
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Huh? I never said Ash wasn't intended to be present in the game. We have tried to be clear that Ash of Gorgoroth is meant to be a non-primary way to get gear, with the primary method being running the content. We are working to better align with that principle in Update 21.3 through guaranteed or near-guaranteed drops depending on difficulty in the Update 21 instances.
    What does "running the content" mean?
    Does doing the quests and killing mobs not count as running the content??
    If you are referring to just the instances (dungeons)--and they were always intended to be the "primary" method to get gear...why weren't they available at launch in the first place???
    You do realize you've walked yourself into a corner here, right?

We have tried to be clear that Ash of Gorgoroth is meant to be a non-primary way to get gear, with the primary method being running the content.
    You have to see the problem with that statement. When you say that Ash is not the primary way to get gear, then why put locks on the instance chests? We tested the 3-man loot on beta, only two people got a teal and one person got nothing.

How do you think this will affect returning players? They run the 3-man instance, either get a RNG teal which they don’t need or get nothing at all. Then nothing else to do for the day rather than to buy keys and get gear. I’m not counting the 6 man because it has flawed mechanics and doesn’t work. I don’t have many positive words about the raid loot as well, due to RNG again and no barter tokens system like previous raids. Not to mention that all raid loot is on Ash barter, even the new crafting ingredient and new essences.

It’s all gated and pushing people to Ash, no matter how you twist it.

You can solve this by removing chest locks and reducing the ridiculous 2k Ash per piece of new gear price — or give a guaranteed token drop system like in previous raids.

You are totally missing the point.
    "The primary method being running the content" - What/which content? The quests don't give enough LoE gear to get most classes/players past the first two areas and the instances are locked behind discovery in the last two areas.
    Has anyone from SSG actually tried running a toon through Talath Urui in just quest gear? Or even for that matter the Barad Dur quest arc?
    Ashing any quest gear up to lvl 112 doesn't even yield enough for more than 1 piece of gear from the Ash vendor, so as Arnenna mentions his inclusion is pointless.

Seriously, if I knew in advance you were going to take this stance then I wouldn't have given you £100 for the expansion, I'd have bought the base pack and saved £60 for keys or even LI upgrades. (Joke BTW, you've lost so much trust I'd have just pocketed the cash).

So how does one acquire the level 112 ash gear by running the content?

When a player runs through the quest content of Mordor, they reach maybe the end of Lhingris by level 112. If all they have obtained by that point is quest rewards, which they will equip to keep on top of Shadow, what are they supposed to use to barter for the level 112 ash gear at the barterer? Even if they remove all their quest reward gear and burn it at that point, they still won't have enough ash to buy even a single piece of level 112 ash gear.

If you're saying that the primary way to obtain gear is by quest rewards only, then my point still stands . . . why is there a level 112 ash gear barter available, if we're meant to do it in quest rewards?

At this point, I don't know how anyone can argue that the inclusion of loot-boxes hasn't resulted in the mess we are witnessing right now in terms of gear progression.

Had they never been included we wouldn't even be having this discussion.

When a player runs through the quest content of Mordor, they reach maybe the end of Lhingris by level 112. If all they have obtained by that point is quest rewards, which they will equip to keep on top of Shadow, what are they supposed to use to barter for the level 112 ash gear at the barterer? Even if they remove all their quest reward gear and burn it at that point, they still won't have enough ash to buy even a single piece of level 112 ash gear.

If you're saying that the primary way to obtain gear is by quest rewards only, then my point still stands . . . why is there a level 112 ash gear barter available, if we're meant to do it in quest rewards?
    Short Answer? They didn't properly distribute the loot originally, where in beta Chest/Legs and Shoulders were missing from the game. In order to remedy this they slapped the Chest/Legs onto TU/AG quests and *forgot* the shoulders. All of the ash items becoming 112 was the side effect of the chest/legs being added to quests of that level (as it would be odd to reward gear that a player could not use for 3 more levels).

At this point, I don't know how anyone can argue that the inclusion of loot-boxes hasn't resulted in the mess we are witnessing right now in terms of gear progression.

Take out loot-boxes and this entire system becomes an eerily similar version of seals and Riders of Rohan, except not as RNG brutal.

Imagine being able to break down those Erebor gems for seals and then buy the other gem for said seals.

Well, by doing the content means Seregost and Naerband, the instances you are putting locks on?
    Wait.. how will they reach 150 light if they only get yellow gear from questing.. at best thats like 50 light..

I'm super confused now.

I'm level 112, I have 50 light.. without landscape drops and doing instances (because I don't have enough light) .. how do I get enough light from quests to actually DO the content?

Maybe on the next Cord of the Rings you could show us how this is to be done going forward, please.. Use an autolevelled aria char,only use quest gear, go through it like we will have to after the update and tell us how it works.
    Put our money where your mouth is. And please don't take this personally or be offended by it, I know you are doing your job and all.

From where I'm standing.. it doesn't.
    Founding Member of the Vocal Minority....

"Well my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle."
    Captain Malcolm Reynolds

It has seriously gone down to this:

1) Give us money if you want to play our game. (Ok, take it, not sure you deserve it though)

2) Give us money if you want a real shot on obtaining the gear you need. (Instance locks, ash removal on landscape, bound keys and I’m sure there’s another thing coming)

What’s next? Give us money or we will kick you from the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Jillymala View Post
    Well, by doing the content means Seregost and Naerband, the instances you are putting locks on?
    Wait.. how will they reach 150 light if they only get yellow gear from questing.. at best thats like 50 light..

I'm super confused now.

I'm level 112, I have 50 light.. without landscape drops and doing instances (because I don't have enough light) .. how do I get enough light from quests to actually DO the content?

Maybe on the next Cord of the Rings you could show us how this is to be done going forward, please.. Use an autolevelled aria char,only use quest gear, go through it like we will have to after the update and tell us how it works.
    Put our money where your mouth is. And please don't take this personally or be offended by it, I know you are doing your job and all.

From where I'm standing.. it doesn't.
    Does Seregost and Naerband even reward ashable gear before level cap? I'm guessing running at at anything below level cap will not be worth the effort as there will be nothing of use inside the chests regarding gear for a non capped char running Mordor.

I still don't understand Cord's answer. If there is no requirement to use level 112 barterable gear and the objective is to use gear provided via content (only quest content awards ashable gear before cap), then why is that gear available for barter in the game?

Lootboxes are only part of a bigger problem, and due to them dropping level scaled gear should only really be opened at lvl 115 anyway if we're talking about gear, and crafted lvl 115 gear is perfectly adequate in most cases anyway until you (should) start upgrading using instance gear then onto raid gear.
    A bigger part of the problem though, and one which SSG have totally got wrong is the availability of gear prior to lvl cap.
    If as now being stated Ash should not be available from landscape then they either screwed up on quest rewards or the difficulty of the later landscape, and definitely on the lvl 112 gear which should have been crafted not only obtainable from barter.

@ Cordovan.

If the reference regarding "bunch of quests" is indeed MT dailies, can you please ask the team to at least put a stable at the South Rammas gate. Thanks.
    The manual horse ride up through the Pelennor is a lag fest.
    Last edited by Arnenna; Dec 07 2017 at 09:20 PM.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast