We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: LOTRO Merch

LOTRO Merch

I worked valiantly to kill some of these bosses in the game. I'd like to buy a little statue of some of my favorites to sit on my shelf. Even some of the housing decorations would make cool figurines. I'd like to sip out of my LOTRO mug while chugging coffee for work and thinking about better times. Why hasn't Standing Stone set up a merchandise store? Good revenue flow, even better advertising.

Quote Originally Posted by Warharrow View Post
    I worked valiantly to kill some of these bosses in the game. I'd like to buy a little statue of some of my favorites to sit on my shelf. Even some of the housing decorations would make cool figurines. I'd like to sip out of my LOTRO mug while chugging coffee for work and thinking about better times. Why hasn't Standing Stone set up a merchandise store? Good revenue flow, even better advertising.
    Because they have the rights to create and publish an online game, not the rights to use "Lord of the Rings" for any physical merchandise. There was a more thorough explanation way back (you might be able to find it via google or internet archives) when they included a physical map with the boxed edition and it explained the hoops they had to jump through just to get the rights to give that away, never mind selling merchandise for profit. So, unfortunately, we will not likely ever see physical merchandise from the game (it sucks, I don't like it either but it is what it is).

Quote Originally Posted by Warharrow View Post
    dude make your own like this guy:-
    “If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.”
    ? J.R.R. Tolkien

2 Waterbank Road, Eryn Lelryn, Falathlorn Homesteads
    LotRO hasn't had an advertising budget in probably six years or more. I wouldn't expect a merchandising budget any time soon. 3D printing is becoming very affordable. Buy a printer and grab some models from the game and print em out yourself.
    Tolella Hlothran ~ Minstrel ~ 115
    Crickhollow
    Officer ~ Phoenix Rising

I second the sentiment of the OP. I'd love to be able to buy a coffee cup and/or otherwise supporting LotRO. I buy expansions every time, but also points and other things periodically just to throw a bit of a "tip" in their direction. Building things myself isn't the same as enjoying things they create. I still enjoy what they do!
    "His house was perfect, whether you liked food, or sleep, or work, or story-telling, or singing, or just sitting and thinking, best, or a pleasant mixture of them all."
    J. R. R. Tolkien, The Hobbit

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Garan View Post
    Because they have the rights to create and publish an online game, not the rights to use "Lord of the Rings" for any physical merchandise. There was a more thorough explanation way back (you might be able to find it via google or internet archives) when they included a physical map with the boxed edition and it explained the hoops they had to jump through just to get the rights to give that away, never mind selling merchandise for profit. So, unfortunately, we will not likely ever see physical merchandise from the game (it sucks, I don't like it either but it is what it is).
    Wasn't there both a ceramic coffee/tea mug and a cap they sent out as promotion to some YouTubers at 10th Anniversary leading up to Mordor release ??? I recall watching Andang getting that and me thinking "darn I want that mug". The lug was a really nice shape/design and the LoTRO logo as well as 10th Anniversary logo on the other side. Although, yes, I guess that was free promotional stuff and not directly sold for profit, even if commercial/advertising often do lead to profits in the end if done right.

Found the video.

I GOT A BOX FROM THE LOTRO TEAM!

"Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy because you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." /Edward Snowden
    Never The Spy-Tool Windows 10 Who needs DirectX 12 anyway ??? Vulkan is better. :)

Third party manufacture-on-demand merchandise companies (e.g. CafePress) are easy to setup and sell from. T-shirts and coffee mugs are both useful and SSG owns the copyright to everything that they created for the game, especially content that is not from the books. Who would not want one of the following (not all are serious):

- Doorbell that says "Your kind is not welcome here, Duvodiad."
    - Unwelcome Mat doormat.
    - Hot beverage mugs with the community's three top voted designs on them. (Mordor logo in red on black anyone?)
    - Hot bev mugs with <class> on black War Steed. The heat from the beverage turns it into a Skeleton Steed.
    - Beer glasses with the logos of the Inns and Taverns of Minas Tirith.
    - Sara Oakheart coffee carafe. Holds 8 cups and has a 1.5 mm diameter spout for a slooooooooow pour.
    - Notepads with 4-8 images of memorable opponents in rotation.
    - LOTRO branded rubber bands or lag screws.

There's a lot of possibilities even without the joke ideas. (I have gotten really attached to the idea of the MT beer glasses since I thought of them 5 minutes ago.)
    The Lag is so bad I saw Sara Oakheart outrun someone - kickman77

Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Belegthelion, Ingoror, Gloringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com

I would like to buy Durins beard, the dwarves in-game are always trying to sell it to me.

I wouldnt like a MT car or bike though, most people say they crash too often, and are slower than an Edsel/Austin Allegro/Citroen 2CV (take your pick).