We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: LOTRO Merch

LOTRO Merch

I worked valiantly to kill some of these bosses in the game. I'd like to buy a little statue of some of my favorites to sit on my shelf. Even some of the housing decorations would make cool figurines. I'd like to sip out of my LOTRO mug while chugging coffee for work and thinking about better times. Why hasn't Standing Stone set up a merchandise store? Good revenue flow, even better advertising.

Quote Originally Posted by Warharrow View Post
    I worked valiantly to kill some of these bosses in the game. I'd like to buy a little statue of some of my favorites to sit on my shelf. Even some of the housing decorations would make cool figurines. I'd like to sip out of my LOTRO mug while chugging coffee for work and thinking about better times. Why hasn't Standing Stone set up a merchandise store? Good revenue flow, even better advertising.
    Because they have the rights to create and publish an online game, not the rights to use "Lord of the Rings" for any physical merchandise. There was a more thorough explanation way back (you might be able to find it via google or internet archives) when they included a physical map with the boxed edition and it explained the hoops they had to jump through just to get the rights to give that away, never mind selling merchandise for profit. So, unfortunately, we will not likely ever see physical merchandise from the game (it sucks, I don't like it either but it is what it is).

Quote Originally Posted by Warharrow View Post
    dude make your own like this guy:-
    “If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.”
    ? J.R.R. Tolkien

2 Waterbank Road, Eryn Lelryn, Falathlorn Homesteads
    LotRO hasn't had an advertising budget in probably six years or more. I wouldn't expect a merchandising budget any time soon. 3D printing is becoming very affordable. Buy a printer and grab some models from the game and print em out yourself.
    Tolella Hlothran ~ Minstrel ~ 115
    Crickhollow
    Officer ~ Phoenix Rising