We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Lotro crashes every time I connect or disconnect my bluetooth headphones

Pretty much as the title suggests, if the game is running and I connect or disconnect any of my bluetooth headsets the lotro client crashes.
    Cheers

Someone reported the same issue with BT devices last year; I dont think a solution was ever found. It might be worth using Google or Bling to search on the subject - the forum search engine is so useless, it often cannot find a thread, even if you enter the exact thread title.

Quote Originally Posted by Phingie View Post
    Pretty much as the title suggests, if the game is running and I connect or disconnect any of my bluetooth headsets the lotro client crashes.
    Cheers
    What version of OSX are you running?

This is a long running problem with Bluetooth and OSX - it has nothing to do with LOTRO as such.

Search: "bluetooth crashing os x apps" -- Here are a couple of links that might help.

This article is from February 2016 - Bluetooth and OS X, fighting like a married couple
    http://www.idownloadblog.com/2016/02/01/experiencing-bluetooth-problems-on-your-mac-try-this/

This one is more current - March of 2017
    https://www.lifewire.com/fix-os-x-bluetooth-wireless-problems-2259967
    Bill Magill Mac Player Founder/Lifetimer
    Old Timers Guild - Gladden
    Sr. Editor LOTRO-Wiki.com

Val - Man Minstrel (106)
    Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (71)
    Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (115)
    Valdicta - Dwarf RK (105)
    Valhad - Elf LM (66)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (87)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (81)

Valhunt - Dwarf Hunter (71)
    Valanne - Beorning (105)
    Ninth - Man Warden (66)

"Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
    All about the fun!"

It's not just bluetooth. Same thing happens to me when I plug/unplug headphones from the audio jack. OSX

Quote Originally Posted by Phingie View Post
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by chooborn View Post
    It's not just bluetooth. Same thing happens to me when I plug/unplug headphones from the audio jack. OSX
    Not sure about the Mac version, but the Win version of LOTRO only checks the audio output being used at start-up. If you try and swap from speakers to headphones, or the reverse, you lose all sound.

My solution has been to run the audio output through a QED passive pre-Amp, so I can switch between outputting to speakers, or outputting to headphones; wouldnt work for the BT issue, but might work for you.

Quote Originally Posted by chooborn View Post
    I have USB headphones and use the OSX application/utility -- "Audio MIDI Setup.app" to switch outputs. That seems to be the only thing that works.
    Bill Magill Mac Player Founder/Lifetimer
    Old Timers Guild - Gladden
    Sr. Editor LOTRO-Wiki.com

Val - Man Minstrel (106)
    Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (71)
    Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (115)
    Valdicta - Dwarf RK (105)
    Valhad - Elf LM (66)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (87)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (81)

Valhunt - Dwarf Hunter (71)
    Valanne - Beorning (105)