We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Quick fix for update 21.3, disable freeps scaling in PvMP

Please disable freeps scaling in moors.

There is no point in it, since its broken mechanics and badly designed.
    If freeps is 105 and less, without proper gear - he is just 1 shot meat.
    If freep is 105 and full geared as for previous update, it becomes too overpowered (i.e. burg/hunter).

This will eliminate this annoying problem once for all.

No

No

Freep populations are already much smaller than creeps on average because you need to be VIP (or pay $$$ for a pass) to enter the moors on Freep.

Eliminating the group of players who are VIP and play alts in classic content and PvP will cause further population imbalance and shift those people to quit VIP and move to creepside.

The problems with burg/hunter are not from scaling, its from burg/hunter being OP. You can get roasted by a 115 burg/hunter much worse than a 105 scaled or lower, since 115 will have better stats (item lvl 330+ vs scaled 305 or 315 at best).

Eliminating this feature (introduced to help the population imbalance) will result in an even higher likelyhood of perma GV camps come next update.

i cant say for sure, but i think i know the problem with scaled 105 freeps.

Essences do not scale.
    I did some tests doing Epic Battles.
    Even though the 115 gear has 8x or more the stats compared to a 105 gear, we only have 1 or 2 slots for essences on them.
    Since 105 gear has 4 on armours, and 3 on jewellery, burglars are becoming OP.
    In normal game though, only hunter is a bit OP, since barrage is buggy.

Im still using my old 105 gear for epic battles.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocker3388 View Post
    i cant say for sure, but i think i know the problem with scaled 105 freeps.

Essences do not scale.
    I did some tests doing Epic Battles.
    Even though the 115 gear has 8x or more the stats compared to a 105 gear, we only have 1 or 2 slots for essences on them.
    Since 105 gear has 4 on armours, and 3 on jewellery, burglars are becoming OP.
    In normal game though, only hunter is a bit OP, since barrage is buggy.

Im still using my old 105 gear for epic battles.
    Yea those extra slots are only useful if you're building far into one specific stat (for BBs it would be mastery for max dps)

for a balanced build though, Mordor gear is better. Morale is derived from Vitality (which gives resist and regen), crit is from fate (in combat regen, crit)
    Not to mention outgoing healing rating for healing classes, which is not available for anything below Mordor.

The only possible use for 105 scaled would be a gimmick build of either extreme survival or DPS(and #### stats for everything else)
    anything in the middle with balanced stats and mits - Mordor is better.

Currently we're in the first stage of Mordor, with possibly 3 slot and 4 slot gear coming in the future.
    21.3 Raid set bonuses for 2 set piling on even more stats (and 105 set bonuses don't scale)

Scaled 105s are squishy, real 115s are more powerful now and the gap will only continue to grow. At this point, I wouldn't assume anyone still using a scaled 105 is going to be willingly to lvl it up to 115 (despite the "awesome" Mordor PvE End Game), even if nerfed.
    Arkenstone (formerly Landroval):
    Lizaveta, r12 Minstrel.

Eviliz Unseen, r11 Warg. Lizifer, r11 Defiler.

So lets sum up everything all of you have said.

And ...what the point of scaled freeps in moors ?
    How they contribute vs GV camp ? If even properly geared up to lvl (most of them / you) can't do anything about it ?

Scaling is something that can be trashed same as osg map. It has poor implementation, wrong design, and most funny thing - scaling isnt scaled properly

P.S.: I can oneshot most of the creeps on my scaled burg.

Quote Originally Posted by Leopoldio View Post
    So lets sum up everything all of you have said.

And ...what the point of scaled freeps in moors ?
    To have fun and play with friends/kinmates.

Congratulations, so can every 115 burg. That's an issue with burgs and creep mits.

Quote Originally Posted by Saruman_Of_Numbers View Post
    To have fun and play with friends/kinmates.
    That = feeding creeps. Also such "friends" and "kins" are meat as well. Since no proper grp will take scaled freep into grp, unless they want to feed.

Congratulations, so can every 115 burg. That's an issue with burgs and creep mits.
    Which again prooves how broken is scaling.

That = feeding creeps. Also such "friends" and "kins" are meat as well. Since no proper grp will take scaled freep into grp, unless they want to feed.
    Then why complain about it? Scaled freep might not be as powerful as 115 but they can still contribute to a fight, which is the whole point of having scaling in the first place. They're not meat, they're just not OP as you seem to describe in your post

The whole issue with burgs and hunters is isolated to burgs and hunters. The fact that you can do 150k damage out of stealth and 1-shot a creep at 105 doesn't mean level scaling is broken when a 115 burg can do 200k damage out of stealth and have higher morale/mits/resist than you.

"Most of the creeps" = glass cannon wargs, greenies with no mits, maybe a glass-cannon BA or spider. Nothing that I don't see 115s blowing up with Aim+CDG.
    Arkenstone (formerly Landroval):
    Lizaveta, r12 Minstrel.

Eviliz Unseen, r11 Warg. Lizifer, r11 Defiler.

How does removing scaled freeps fix the damage problem in the moors? Sure it may force people to level to 115, but at this point that is just a few hours in warg pens for people that don't own Mordor.

The underlying problem is damage. Removing scaling doesn't stop me from getting blown up from stealth or crit spammed by barrage/penshot. Quick fixes are bad. Well thought out and developed fixes are better.
    Hurth, Warden
    Barst, Guardian
    Xiox, Reaver