We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

LOTRO WIKI Capcha Madness

I'm guessing LOTRO-Wiki falls under the category of 'Player Created Guides?' I can't make an account on it, because the 'capcha' function never works. Not as far as I can tell. Unless the 'please enter the letter or sumbol after the 9th character' means something other than what it seems to say. No trick questions for humans. Only a spam bot could figure that out.

Thank you.

2 Long Street, Corstead, Bree-land Homesteads, Crickhollow, Sweden
    May I ask what browser?

The Captcha may cause issues depending on what browser you use, some may be more or less legible. Normally I have no problems logging on, I do not even get a Captcha.
    The Elruthrim Brethren of Crickhollow
    Malancil 107 CHN, Historian | Calchiar 110 CPT, Explorer | Sturmdrang 77 WDN, Woodsman
    Anancite 71 GRD, Armourer | Tarostel 54 HNT, Armsman | Angredeth 97 HNT, Tinker

Quote Originally Posted by Aamu View Post
    I'm guessing LOTRO-Wiki falls under the category of 'Player Created Guides?' I can't make an account on it, because the 'capcha' function never works. Not as far as I can tell. Unless the 'please enter the letter or sumbol after the 9th character' means something other than what it seems to say. No trick questions for humans. Only a spam bot could figure that out.

Thank you.
    If you are not seeing an audio alternative, I would suggest your browser, or a browser addon is blocking it; NoScript (old version) blocks Captcha, not sure about the new version. Other script or ad blockers could also be doing the same.

I have had this issue in the past, and it was always down to either NS or ABP+ not allowing it through, even if set to "Allow all". I had to disable the addon to get the page to work. It wasnt true of all web pages though, so might be a quirk of certain page building tools.

This was also happening with a recent build of NS for FireFox Quantum, it was silently blocking stuff, so the only way to get the page to work was to disable it in the addons menu; this seems to have been fixed in the last update.