We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 32
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    850

    Bullroarer Update 21.3 - Beta #6 - Raid bug fixes and polish

    Welcome to our sixth open preview of Update 21.3. These notes are for Bullroarer, released on Tuesday December 5th. Both the notes and the update are a work in progress, so you should expect things will change over time. We look forward to hearing your feedback and receiving your bug reports. The server is expected to remain available through noon-ish (server time) Friday 12/8. We will be propping a new build and re-opening Bullroarer Friday night 12/8.

    Please feel free to copy your current live character to Bullroarer using the LIVE transfer wizard. Any characters created or copied over the last month remain intact. Please remember that deleting a character will not allow you to re-copy from live worlds.

    Focus for this Beta:
    Please join us this week and provide feedback on The Abyss of Mordath Raid. The following changes have been made to the raid:
    • Small objects no longer have physics in the first boss chamber (to prevent mobs from getting stuck on those objects).
    • The Blood-spirits in the first boss fight have their skills back.
    • Some mechanics between the High Priest and Priestess have been updated.
    • The shadow walls will now actually disperse when you defeat Sagrog and the shadow-guards will stop spawning.
    • The Sagrog fight shadow-guards and timing have been adjusted to make the fight more fast-paced but also more approachable.
    • Additional mechanics have been added to or changed on Fingar. His drama and skills have also received polish.
    • The rear cavern is no longer accessible by players during the final boss encounter.
    • Distributed damage skills in this encounter now do more base damage across the board.
    • The final boss has learned a new attack and will now be able to hit you anywhere in the arena during the first phase.


    For more complete release notes please see last weekend's thread.
    Last edited by Tybur; Dec 07 2017 at 04:43 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    305
    @Tybur -- Can you confirm whether there will be another build for the weekend, as well, and/or if this will be kept up through the weekend?

  3. #3
    Will this be the last build (if all goes well) ? aka can we exoect it to go live in 1-2 weeks ?
    Fearendur, Captain R12 -- Original Challenger of the Abyss
    Eleannora, Rune Keeper R10 -- Aemeryllis, Guardian -- Challenger of the Abyss

    Odyssey - Evernight

  4. #4
    The harvest festival encore runs conveniently through December 10th.
    The yule festival is scheduled to start December 14th.
    Update 21.3 contains new cosmetics and steeds for the yule festival.

    Based on typical patching days in the past, I would conclude that 21.3 is scheduled to go live on Monday December 11th, allowing for Tuesday the 12th and Wednesday the 13th for hotfixes to fix the "oops we forgot to do QA" bugs, and then Yule time on the 14th.

    Whether Scholars and Cooks get to craft essence boxes, remains to be seen.
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

  5. #5
    Will there be an Original title tied to server firsts / other miscellaneous rewards for completing t2c raid?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    california
    Posts
    225

    new raid set bonus adjustment

    ty for listening 2 feedback. 85% happy. few more things:


    Each class has at least ONE bonus for ONE line that's actually worth getting the bonus for. THUMBS UP
    Some things still very unacceptable though:
    Valiant strike bonus on tanky-type stats gear, Battle shout cooldown on gear with dps when the +3% inc damage ins SO MUCH BETTER and has the same armour stats (BS CD should be on tank stats (scratch that, make it something more useful, like 5% revealing mark or Last stand duration/Cool-down reduction, Or Shield of the dunedain Duration/Cooldown reduction, or % noble mark HEALS), and Valiant strike should be on gear with outgong healing/crit or something that isnt clearly on a piece whose stats are TANKY (Vitality/crit defence is for TANKS )
    Hunter red line is getting completely ignored. no heart-seeker reset? no merciful shot or penetrating shot? no focus cost reduction? nothing but some silly CC skill/Bleed arrow?
    Controlled burn for champ? nice, but is it used in yelloww???? how about Rend Debuff amount increase? or some AoE DoT bleeds? or something fervour related?
    BUrg Trickster is nice, but maybe something MORE??? THROUGH BURGS A BONE!


    LM: pretty righteous. would be nice to have two sets, one for the existent Sign of power: righteousness and another set for the incoming healing water lore buff
    RK: Fire = spot on. heals? rune-sign of winter, please. thx. lightning? fine-as-is, unless you can reduce the cool-down of Concession and Rebuttal by a ridiculous about
    Warden: someone somewhere suggested something or complained about something but i can't recall what. I saw some good stuff and the diminished target is a GREAT ADDITION THANK YOU!
    Guardian: I can't comment - not familiar enough with the class. i recall something about warriors heart?
    Beorning? I can't comment
    Minstrel: SoS - nice. Inspire fellows - likewise. DPS mini? can't comment, but haven't heard any complaints

  7. #7
    Just delete cappy from the game. Why it's impossible to copy stats from guardian or champion set for cappy set?
    You just make it worser and worser. Before this beta i could take blue line set and use it like yellow set. Bonuses are useless, so it was possible. But now we have zero sets which can be used with yellow line. And guardian/champion tank set locked for other classes, so i also cant use it.

    If you cant do normal bonuses for cappy, just make set with normal stats.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Harigrim View Post
    Will this be the last build (if all goes well) ? aka can we exoect it to go live in 1-2 weeks ?
    with yule festival I supose

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington, USA
    Posts
    41

    Question 115 Captain Standards

    I haven't been keeping up with the Bullroarer updates, are they fixing the 115 Captain Standards?? Or are they still a large downgrade from the 105 Standards?
    Founder and Leader of The Mithril Order [of Elendilmir]
    Khirghana - Tyir - Allways - Healallia - ShockandAwe

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    6,145
    Quote Originally Posted by maartena View Post
    The harvest festival encore runs conveniently through December 10th.
    The yule festival is scheduled to start December 14th.
    Update 21.3 contains new cosmetics and steeds for the yule festival.

    Based on typical patching days in the past, I would conclude that 21.3 is scheduled to go live on Monday December 11th, allowing for Tuesday the 12th and Wednesday the 13th for hotfixes to fix the "oops we forgot to do QA" bugs, and then Yule time on the 14th.

    Whether Scholars and Cooks get to craft essence boxes, remains to be seen.

    Nah you overestimate SSG,...

    It will go exactly like this just as every other past patch
    • It will go live same day as festival (and festival steeds and cosmetics are not needed in a patch so your reasoning makes no sense as the new stuff like housing is lootbox stuff)
    • it will have a small patch the following week to fix the oops that has been reported since beta 1 of the update
    • the raid will most likely be broken
    • players will complain but because of Christmas break any major fixes will not come until after the new year
    • after the new year another patch will come to fix major issues
    • a month or two later SSg will announce "there was a bug" for something players have found a way to reduce the grind on and remove it from the game but make sure they still have it available in lootboxes


    That is the new development Trend for SSG,
    I saw the light fade from the sky
    On the wind I heard a sigh
    As the snowflakes cover my fallen brothers
    I will say this last goodbye

  11. #11
    Just a reminder, that there are 3-4 number adjustments that MUST go through before this goes live for PvMP balance.

    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...Changes-Review
    ~Rank 11 Loremaster, Arkenstone~

    ~Rank 13 Warg, Arkenstone~

  12. #12

    Thumbs up This... yeah ;-)

    Quote Originally Posted by kickman77 View Post
    Nah you overestimate SSG,...

    It will go exactly like this just as every other past patch
    • It will go live same day as festival (and festival steeds and cosmetics are not needed in a patch so your reasoning makes no sense as the new stuff like housing is lootbox stuff)
    • it will have a small patch the following week to fix the oops that has been reported since beta 1 of the update
    • the raid will most likely be broken
    • players will complain but because of Christmas break any major fixes will not come until after the new year
    • after the new year another patch will come to fix major issues
    • a month or two later SSg will announce "there was a bug" for something players have found a way to reduce the grind on and remove it from the game but make sure they still have it available in lootboxes


    That is the new development Trend for SSG,
    +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 ^^ sadly...

  13. #13

    Thumbs up

    Black arrow
    beta#5-6 experience
    OVERVIEW

    @Tybur,
    Let me start off by saying thanks for taking the time to let us know what's going on, for taking chances with this game, and attempting to push forward into new territory. The tweaks you are making look like they are going in the right direction, but I would urge you to go a bit further as far a love for the creeps. During the beta, on black arrow(3 tac mits slotted) I took an 80k crit from the bonus damage on a LM lighting, Currently they hit about 50-60k with no tac mits traited. I don't think that while buffing defensive stats you still intend for players to get 1 shot.
    Black arrow in this current beta feels quite weak. Current client, we are useful because of our “explosive” spike dps. I feel the loss of so much crit damage will likely make put creepside as a whole in a worse spot than it is now. In updates where creeps had the defense to survive the freeps but little chance of actually killing a properly geared freep and that is a lot worse than the state the moors are in today.

    Suggestions
    --Uruk racial brutal persuasion- change this to a 10%-20% critical damage / critical healing magnitude trait.
    --Give reavers a similar option. Perhaps change the 10% power trait to a 5% crit chance & 15% crit damage.
    --If adding more corruption slots is too tall a task, may I suggest you compress the corruption sets down to 2 & 4 (example: 1 crit = 1.5 its current value to crit rating, and 3 set bonus will be available with 2 crit slotted. Likewise 6 set available with 4 slotted). This will effectively give creeps another row of corruptions.
    --Remove the outpost mastery buffs or change the creeps npcs so that a small group of creeps can reliably flip them. Change them to +1% damage or +10% inf/renown gain.

    There is a lot more that needs to be addressed, reavers and warleaders need some massive love. Black arrows skirmisher stance needs to be brought in line with hunters blue line capabilities. Defilers need an in combat rez, and some tweaks to existing skills, etc… etc…
    Garamburn
    burtnakh of Elendilmir"Freeps I hate you all, your very presence in the Moors sickens me."

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,140
    80k is not a one-shot, even on a greenie creep. Even if it was, Lightning Storm has a long CD and it's the only LM skill that does significant damage. I would be a lot more worried about hunters and burgs who are out in much greater numbers than LMs and have dps levels we can only dream of.

  15. #15
    Thanks for making sure the Warden is in a good spot for the upcoming raid, NOT! I'd love to hear a Dev chime in as to why RK's are developed to compete with hunters for DPS yet the Warden can not.

    Looks like only the lucky owners of the lvl85 sploit-ring will get theirs.
    Quote Originally Posted by BotLike View Post
    Yes...

    Pls fix me.

  16. #16
    i as well have not kept up with the change log will anything be done regarding 105 scale ups/exploit/rank farmers in the moors?
    j/s endgame for me is not grinding over and over for gear, like i did at level 50, 55, 60, 65, 70, 75 etc, its testing my toon against other LIVE players not NPC's, so this exploit in the moors has led me to cancel my sub after 8 yrs paying.


  17. #17
    Here are a few pictures from beta.


    From this image, you can see that all 3 sets of Minstrel gear have the same stats on them.





    This is a stat combination that should not exist. You're mixing a healing stat Outgoing Healing with a DPS stat Finesse.





    A healing piece should not have Finesse on it.





    If you desire to use the same stats on all 3 versions of each piece, you should avoid certain stats. The stats you should not place on these pieces are Outgoing Healing, Finesse, and Tactical Mitigation. I'd prefer Fate also not be on these pieces due to how poor of a stat it is currently.
    Last edited by Mercho; Dec 06 2017 at 07:52 PM.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8,354
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercho View Post
    This is a stat combination that should not exist. You're mixing a healing stat Outgoing Healing with a DPS stat Finesse.


    A healing piece should not have Finesse on it.



    If you're going to have the same stats on all 3 versions of each piece of gear you should avoid certain stats. The stats you should not place on these pieces are Outgoing Healing, Finesse, and Tactical Mitigation. I'd prefer Fate also not be on these pieces due to how poor of a stat it is currently.
    Only thing you can reasonably argue is outgoing healing being totally irrelevant stat and shouldn't be on any of pieces. but finesse SHOULD ABSOLUTELY exists on healing pieces. Good healing minstrel will be used as one of main corruption removal classes, fear and stun control and light damage debuffs on 3 mans/ if warden available. Only bad healers and bad groups don't utilize these possibilities.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Spilo View Post
    Just a reminder, that there are 3-4 number adjustments that MUST go through before this goes live for PvMP balance.

    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...Changes-Review
    Best news i've heard last year in this game is the nerf of critical magnitude corruptions for creeps. Blackarrow again feels like a working creep class, which is a good thing.
    The balance is still not there though. Will just agree foremost with spilo here, in latest BR patch, creeps are still too weak, due to some basestats not buffed enough.

    Creeps finesse, mastery, and mitigation BASESTATS should be further buffed.
    - Mastery need to be stronger since creeps lost their crit magnitude (which is a good thing). Blackarrow again feels good to play now, since every skill matters to the overall dps output, rather than a crit RNG if vital or revenge crits or not. Would be nice with a 4-10k mastery buff to creeps, through basestats (can be through corruptions too). The 5% dmg for morale/power should be buffed aswell, to match the new mastery numbers for creeps. It would be 15% for 5% morale/power or something as tier2 corruption. Then creeps can have some ''glass'' options with 3crit+, 6mastery, dmg for power, etc.
    - Mitigation needs to be stronger without any corruptions slotted aswell. Freep mit debuffs make the current numbers dissapear in a blink of an eye if no corruptions slotted. Making oneshots totally possible (even with the crit defence buff). Either basestat or corruptions need to be stronger again than current BR patch. Buffing 5-20k into basestat mits, and 1k into each of the corruptions. Creeps should be able to overcap their mits with 6 corruptions of one, to counter freep mit debuffs a tiny bit. Also, i think it would be a nice idea to put another -10% incoming dmg from audacity for creeps only (ofc with current audacity, no more audacity ranks pls). More audacity for creeps would only make sense since freeps got their LI increases, but creeps got no other equivalent. It would also help to counter the classic ''Slap another 20% morale increase to the creeps'' policy that been going on since level 75. If these mit buffs are too much (which i don't think it is), then a nerf into crit def would be decent. -5 to -15k crit defence basestat to counter. This would make it useful to slot critical defence corruptions again if you would like it.
    - Still no fan of finesse corruptions. Creeps should have 12-18% finesse without thinking of slotting corruptions. If the current corruptions would be of use, then each corruption should be worth 40k+ finesse each.

    Also, with these changes, to help the feel of balance even more; I think it would be really nice to make the CURRENT ettens armour be itemlevel 337 or 345. This is so the pure pvp'ers don't should feel left too behind with the new raid armours AND so the difference between a full raid kitted char should not be way more powerful than a pure ettenmoors kitted one. It's kinda important actually, since the buffs i listed above here will make Live itemlevel 326 geared freep character kinda ''underpowered''. Furthermore, the ettens armour will be totally useless in PvE, since Light Of Earendil will be needed for raid anyways.

    Now on to PvE:
    PLEASE DO NOT MAKE THE 3 AND 6-MAN BEING GATED THORUGH DAILY LOCKS. Rather keep it as is and put a daily FI-box equivalent into it, for a fat bonus. We already geared and kitted our chars for hours just to play these instances (for Light of Earendil), and taking away from us the possibility to play them is just ridicilous. ESPECIALLY the 3-man, since it doesn't make sense to ever put locks onto it. Players will come and go throughout the day, but if 90% of the players have locked their chars at the evening/night, then none will bother helping out for another a run. Should always be some kind of loot in the end of an 3-6 man, period.


    Now onto raid:
    Only been to 1st boss.
    - Supplicants still bugged at times, where they get stuck, or doesn't spawn.
    - Some rare occations when a sideboss died, only one boss healed, and not the other.
    - Tank getting ported to middle screwing up the progress, and make the tank loose aggro of their boss, WAI?
    Thonras r13/r10 Blackarrow - Erenthenn r11/r8 Hunter - Seodric r11/r5 Burglar - Seorric r9 Champion - Grusnash r9 Reaver - Nomno r8 Warg - Durumdor r7 RK - Carranham r6 Captain
    Original Challenger of Gothmog and Original Challenger of The Abyss - The Bandits Laurelin - Odyssey Evernight

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    305
    Quote Originally Posted by Elwha View Post
    Thanks for making sure the Warden is in a good spot for the upcoming raid, NOT! I'd love to hear a Dev chime in as to why RK's are developed to compete with hunters for DPS yet the Warden can not.

    Looks like only the lucky owners of the lvl85 sploit-ring will get theirs.


    It is utterly ridiculous that items like that (Warden Gold Earring) and Baingrist are not available to anyone anymore. That bonus should just be rolled into the class. I have Baingrist for 2 of my DPS classes and I think it's ridiculous that nobody else can acquire the +5% Dev Chance for 1 Min clicky, too. Considering GMs drop them on Beta they clearly know how powerful it can be and how frustrating it might be for someone wanting to min-max their class to not have access to it.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    507
    Quote Originally Posted by canyouaddcolour View Post
    It is utterly ridiculous that items like that (Warden Gold Earring) and Baingrist are not available to anyone anymore. That bonus should just be rolled into the class. I have Baingrist for 2 of my DPS classes and I think it's ridiculous that nobody else can acquire the +5% Dev Chance for 1 Min clicky, too. Considering GMs drop them on Beta they clearly know how powerful it can be and how frustrating it might be for someone wanting to min-max their class to not have access to it.
    They could revamp pve a bit by adding those cool golden items in rc/dos/ss etc challenge chests, but you know. They could do the same with best pocket/shield and off hand.
    Rialtan - Rk - Ascensio Kin - Legit Challenger of Gothmog
    Stragnokka - Champ - Ascensio Kin - Legit Challenger of Gothmog

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,603
    Quote Originally Posted by Rialtan View Post
    They could revamp pve a bit by adding those cool golden items in rc/dos/ss etc challenge chests, but you know. They could do the same with best pocket/shield and off hand.
    This, and +Loft of beta actually showed how they'd scale according to the new item level distribution and it was rather terrible.

    If brought back they'd still be awesome drops for the moderate-higher level rangers but not be powerful enough to replace stuff from Mordor (ignoring the class based bonuses).

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    507
    Quote Originally Posted by Hallandil View Post
    This, and +Loft of beta actually showed how they'd scale according to the new item level distribution and it was rather terrible.

    If brought back they'd still be awesome drops for the moderate-higher level rangers but not be powerful enough to replace stuff from Mordor (ignoring the class based bonuses).
    Yeah, bonus are a cool thing in MMOs. It gives players a choice when building their chars.
    Rialtan - Rk - Ascensio Kin - Legit Challenger of Gothmog
    Stragnokka - Champ - Ascensio Kin - Legit Challenger of Gothmog

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,603
    Quote Originally Posted by Rialtan View Post
    Yeah, bonus are a cool thing in MMOs. It gives players a choice when building their chars.
    How dare an RPG involve character customisation, I say! It's against the natural order!

  25. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilan View Post
    80k is not a one-shot, even on a greenie creep. Even if it was, Lightning Storm has a long CD and it's the only LM skill that does significant damage. I would be a lot more worried about hunters and burgs who are out in much greater numbers than LMs and have dps levels we can only dream of.
    @vilan

    The 80k crit is just the tick from the Ancient craft bonus damage. As you know, this is just on hit of 4 or 5 (not sure as I don't play LM) that have the capability of being set to 100% crit chance. So while the 80k hit did not 1 shot, the skill itself did with the 80k crit, followed by the 4-5 50k crits.

    I agree that burgs and hunters are much better dps.

    What i am getting at is that in a group v group scenario, and aoe 1 shot skill that 100% crit, auto cast, and bonus damage when ancient craft is applied will cause more lopsided fights than just burgs and hunters being OP. Further more, i fought some non-scaled burgs on the beta and the fights were not nearly as bad as they are now. Hence why I did not comment on them. The issue is that they are buffing "defense" stats on creeps, and the loremaster is hitting harder than in the current state.
    Garamburn
    burtnakh of Elendilmir"Freeps I hate you all, your very presence in the Moors sickens me."

 

 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload