We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Question Overall thoughts from what I've seen and heard...

There seems to be an overlying implication here that many of the changes SSG is wanting/trying to make seem to be very money-related: making keys bound to account, essences bound to account, the near-requirement to purchase Universal Solvents from the store due to their extremely low drop rate, etc. I will never deny that SSG is a business, and they need to make money - not only to stay in business, but to provide further fixes and updates. However, some of these things can I think be easily changed, while still making SSG money AND providing a more player-friendly environment (especially to us end-game and T2C content folks):
    1. Drop the price of Universal Solvents even more than they already are in the store, or highly increase the drop rate.
    2. Have a drop rate for Black Steel Keys similar to Sturday Steel Keys (it's kind of ridiculous that we get Gorgoroth loot boxes and Sturdy Steel Keys from the same mobs)
    3. Allow looted essences to be tradeable, but crafted essences to be Bound to Account.

Just my thoughts... I don't think they're unreasonable, and I hope that SSG sees this post and at least gives some feedback.

Thanks!
    Zar

How about being able to trade long-lost coins for solvents or black keys? Heck, even regular keys. Or scrolls of empowerment. Anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Vilan View Post
    How about being able to trade long-lost coins for solvents or black keys? Heck, even regular keys. Or scrolls of empowerment. Anything!
    Even better yet - a landscape/instance reward token barter vendor, where you can trade anything up the line... say, as a basic example, Bree barter items, trade up to Esteldin barter items 3:1, trade up to Evendim barter items 3:1... or, a more complex example, DA barter items, trade up to Osgiliath barter items 3:1, then trade those up to Long Lost Coins 3:1.... something like that... make those older things that are now absolutely and completely useless (as they barter for low-level stuff that is BoA.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilan View Post
    Rather barter for marks or medallions, like other obsolete conversion.
    Anyway. Doesn't stop at these things.

Notice that older quest packs gor more expensive? Me neither, until I tried to help someone asking on reddit and checked prices on a freshly made account. 6-800 store points. I told the guy to go look at some other game.

See also the nitwittery of advanced slayer deeds getting you 5 store points rather than 10. How tight-fisted is that? Also, it's all for areas way too high up in levels to be somehow "farmable" within reason. Just let me not get angry for no reason, OK? Yay, you completed another bit, here's a fist to the face for staying with us so long!

I didn't actually leave the game Entropia Universe until they introduced loot boxes in their store. The game went from awesome 2002 beta to 2004, decent 2005-07, insufferably expensive 2008-2012ish but then they went truly overboard. The lootboxing is an abomination. Don't be evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Macroscian View Post

I didn't actually leave the game Entropia Universe until they introduced loot boxes in their store. The game went from awesome 2002 beta to 2004, decent 2005-07, insufferably expensive 2008-2012ish but then they went truly overboard. The lootboxing is an abomination. Don't be evil.
    I don't mind the lootbox aspect... it's a way to "share" things with friends and kinnies... however, the fact that Black steel keys don't drop at all, and some are already toon-bound, and they are planning to make them account-bound, is what frustrates me.

concerning essences... does anyone think it was truly intended, that the currently best essence recipe is NOT a one-time-recipe?
    Sure, everyone likes permanent recipes. But for the price it has compared to the weaker one-use-recipe, I'd have though that it wouldnt be permanent...
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Gründer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

Quote Originally Posted by Oelle View Post
    concerning essences... does anyone think it was truly intended, that the currently best essence recipe is NOT a one-time-recipe?
    Sure, everyone likes permanent recipes. But for the price it has compared to the weaker one-use-recipe, I'd have though that it wouldnt be permanent...
    I'm not in game atm, but I do believe that the lower one-use recipes are also a lower rep... basically, you get award for higher rep. I have a 50/50 chance right now of being mistaken, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarwise View Post
    I'm not in game atm, but I do believe that the lower one-use recipes are also a lower rep... basically, you get award for higher rep. I have a 50/50 chance right now of being mistaken, LOL.
    if there is a rep gate, its still lower than the rep you get via just questing through mordor without accelerators. which makes it irrelevant.

On lvl100 and lvl105, all good essences recipes needed essences, shards, solvents and were one-use.
    On lvl115, there currently are two recipes: the bad one is one-time and needs just basic reagents.
    The good one is permanent and needs basic reagents plus a solvent. Both dont even need a shard.
    So either ssg is very nice to us, or they just did another oopsie. Or we will just get 5 other tiers of essences later and all essences we have now are meant to be "bad essences" soon.
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Gründer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

The good one is permanent and needs basic reagents plus a solvent. Both dont even need a shard.
    So either ssg is very nice to us, or they just did another oopsie. Or we will just get 5 other tiers of essences later and all essences we have now are meant to be "bad essences" soon.
    Waits for Cordovan to post "This wasn't intended" and changes it.

the recipe isn't restrictive because it uses a solvent.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapold View Post
    Waits for Cordovan to post "This wasn't intended" and changes it.
    Won't happen. They won't restrict the buying of solvents.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    Won't happen. They won't restrict the buying of solvents.
    So why did they on lvl100 and lvl105? all the one-use-recipes on that caps needed solvents, too.

Quote Originally Posted by 4andreas View Post
    when there was the wrong ash price barterer boom, i thought that those recipies might be wrong too, so i asked Cordovan about that, and the reply was those are correct.
    wow. thats interesting. so ssg is just generous. somehow weird... to not create grind where there is opportunity for it... i like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Macroscian View Post
    Notice that older quest packs gor more expensive? Me neither, until I tried to help someone asking on reddit and checked prices on a freshly made account. 6-800 store points. I told the guy to go look at some other game.
    I've been F2P since 2010 and quest packs have been that price all along. Except Lonelands, which used to be 195 TP and was later given out free.