We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

FI gear drop rate...?

Greetings. I'd like to inquire about something...

I have only recently reached level 105 and with Mordor being still in its infancy, I don't want to get it just yet (doesn't feel worth it).
    So here I am - gearing at 105, spamming FIs like crazy. It's been 3 months and possibly over 50 FIs, which included 3-mans but raids as well.
    Not a single armor / jewellery drop.
    How am I supposed to gear up? Has the drop rate been nerfed purposefully to force me to get Mordor?
    It does feel that way. So again - what's the drop rate for FI gear?

Cheerio,
    ~CB

I don't think the FI armor even drops anymore.

So, if you're 105 with Turtle stone, then best option is Flower armor/jewels from flower picking in N. Ithilien.
    Arkenstone (formerly Landroval):
    Lizaveta, r12 Minstrel.

Eviliz Unseen, r11 Warg. Lizifer, r11 Defiler.

I see... This is so not cool. Welp, thanks for the answer, I guess I'll just resort to spending months gathering imaginary plants then.

I think you can still trade long-lost coins for 105 jewelry, can't you? And I believe you can run epic battles and earn 105 jewelry. Not for stars of merit but directly from the prize boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by C.B. View Post
    Greetings. I'd like to inquire about something...

I have only recently reached level 105 and with Mordor being still in its infancy, I don't want to get it just yet (doesn't feel worth it).
    So here I am - gearing at 105, spamming FIs like crazy. It's been 3 months and possibly over 50 FIs, which included 3-mans but raids as well.
    Not a single armor / jewellery drop.
    How am I supposed to gear up? Has the drop rate been nerfed purposefully to force me to get Mordor?
    It does feel that way. So again - what's the drop rate for FI gear?

Cheerio,
    ~CB
    What class? I stopped playing right around the intro to Far Anorien and came back not too long after Mordor was released - My champion walked into Mordor wearing my Nadhin essence armor from Dol Amroth and gold BB jewelry. Anything pre-Mordor becomes obsolete pretty quickly due to lack of Light of Earendil anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by Hamhand View Post
    What class? I stopped playing right around the intro to Far Anorien and came back not too long after Mordor was released - My champion walked into Mordor wearing my Nadhin essence armor from Dol Amroth and gold BB jewelry. Anything pre-Mordor becomes obsolete pretty quickly due to lack of Light of Earendil anyway...
    Hunter. And as per Mordor gear - I am aware of that. I'm not, however, getting Mordor any time soon, so I'd love to get some obsolete gear in the meantime.
    Essence gear from FIs was by far the best one - you could trade it for equipment of choice as well. Jewellery - I have already acquired. I'm not very keen on herbalism, although it appears to be the only way left.

IIRC it still dropped post-Mordor release. Don't know if that has changed more recently. However it's probably not worth the effort at this point - obsolescent essences etc. If you run instances at 106+ you'll get old gear with inflated scaled stats. That is a viable alternative, since you won't need light stat if you're not doing Mordor yet. Even Mathom armour is viable at 106+ (again aside from the lack of light).

Quote Originally Posted by DKenny View Post
    IIRC it still dropped post-Mordor release. Don't know if that has changed more recently. However it's probably not worth the effort at this point - obsolescent essences etc. If you run instances at 106+ you'll get old gear with inflated scaled stats. That is a viable alternative, since you won't need light stat if you're not doing Mordor yet. Even Mathom armour is viable at 106+ (again aside from the lack of light).
    Thank you for your input!
    Wouldn't, however, the 106 instance/FI gear be set to level 106 req? This whole headache of mine revolves around me not wanting to go beyond level 105 just yet, as that would ruin all the fun I'm going to have playing Mordor later (not to mention the sudden impact of diminishing returns).