We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Rare/Incomparable Vanguard Runes now Bound to Account?

As the title says. Rare/Incomparable Vanguard Runes are now bound to Account as can be seen in this picture:

This is a rune earned on live server and transfered to Bullroarer.
    I did not see anything about this in the patchnotes. Is this an intended change?

sounds like sooner or later everything worth something will be bound, unless its from the store.
    looks like they dont want people to get rich via playing.
    I'd even see good reasons for such behaviour... its just bad to do it after several months, like so many things...
    and every time something like that happens again, endgaming dies a bit more...
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Gründer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

Thumbs down

Good catch Schaijian !!!

Unless this is a bug and not intended, I'm getting really tired and fed up with this new Bound (in one way or another) trend/hysteria SSG is implementing all over. Essences, LoE gear drops, Black Steel Keys etc. Now the runes too ??? This game is becoming less and less helping friends/family members friendly or even any point in paying for multiple accounts (expansions, subscriptions etc) for oneself anymore.
    "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy because you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." /Edward Snowden
    Never The Spy-Tool Windows 10 Who needs DirectX 12 anyway ??? Vulkan is better. :)

Welcome to Lord Of The Bound Online.

Would be really nice to see a rune, rewarded from an instance on Bullroarer, rather than this which went through the "transfer machine", should be fairly easy as runes tend to drop fairly often.

But bound runes is just a matter of logging in on loot, and open chest... you get rewarded even you only have been inside instance after boss is defeated.. Sometimes duo the Twins and Dulgabeth Bosses, for a Gold signet, and allways invite a kinnie for loot..

As allready stated.. Nothing about bound runes is written in the patchnotes.
    Last edited by Endoloose; Dec 03 2017 at 03:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord.Funk View Post
    Good catch Schaijian !!!

Unless this is a bug and not intended, I'm getting really tired and fed up with this new Bound (in one way or another) trend/hysteria SSG is implementing all over. Essences, LoE gear drops, Black Steel Keys etc. Now the runes too ??? This game is becoming less and less helping friends/family members friendly or even any point in paying for multiple accounts (expansions, subscriptions etc) for oneself anymore.
    So much stuff turned bound over time...

My least fav are SA bridles from end of RoR epics.
    I have three of them on a level 15 storage alt.
    Bound to character.

Lottery for Cinco de Mayo. Three stacks of dyes I was happy to give away from whenever someone asked for dyes. *Blam* bound to account.

These two happened randomly a long time after the fact. 1-2 years in the least.
    I do not understand why.
    One sellable SA bridle for two weeks of leveling work (two weeks in the least, back then), would it have broken the game to allow them to be tradable?

See also melded 3a LIs and stuff crafted with universal ingredient packs.

With keys it's a money factor.
    For runes I *guess* it's a delay tactic.

Will they reverse current transactions? The better runes have been selling for thousands of gold.
    It irks me that it's somehow OK to sit afk farming gold for weeks and months. Fast spawn areas but no memory of recent history. This takes ages to fix.
    Then release the cash-only bits to the noobs who pay with store points - who spent months in the game to make store points - and at that time remove all easy barter plus make everything bound.

Please rever instance relics as non bound. If you want to make bound items make raid relics to be. Instance ones should be tradable since they are MUST HAVE for t2 raid. So having ability to give them to returning friends etc is very important. One cant even make money with them anymore. Just few hundred golds which is nothing. Not even worth selling.

Quote Originally Posted by Oelle View Post
    sounds like sooner or later everything worth something will be bound, unless its from the store.
    looks like they dont want people to get rich via playing.
    I'd even see good reasons for such behaviour... its just bad to do it after several months, like so many things...
    and every time something like that happens again, endgaming dies a bit more...
    It’s not about preventing people getting rich, it’s about making items harder to obtain in game so people would turn into store instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Forodir View Post
    It’s not about preventing people getting rich, it’s about making items harder to obtain in game so people would turn into store instead.
    You cant get these from store...

Quote Originally Posted by siipperi View Post
    They may put them into lootboxes.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

they should just add (slightly weaker versions of) those relics to the relicmasters to enable people to get those runes and not be 50% behind in healing/tactical dps. Tier11 relics at roughly 30-50k shards would be a grind, but a welcome alternative to going t2c for many - or even farming t1.
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Gründer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    They may put them into lootboxes.
    They're planning on adding tomes of unbinding to the store. Get with it, people.
    Arkenstone| Officer of Faded | Altria
    Arkenstone | Leader of Dark Impulse | Telcely
    Original Challenger of Gothmog

Does anyone at all think this is a good idea?

I mean really...
    Founding Member of the Vocal Minority....

"Well my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle."
    Captain Malcolm Reynolds

I never thought, that getting classes balanced via rare relics is the way to go... so whatever happens with those relics cant make it better or worse unless they are given to everyone for free.
    And as those relics scale completely different for everyone, they didnt even help balancing... for example healers, where two healers get ~2% healing per rating, one gets ~1% and one gets ~0%. wardens get nothing, physicals couldnt care less, tactical dps raises much... the only good thing those runes did is getting RK nearer to hunter. besides that, everything about them is bull####.

Quote Originally Posted by Jillymala View Post
    Does anyone at all think this is a good idea?

I mean really...
    I think it may have been a good idea if it were done from the start. Where people had to do the runs, to earn the rewards, but that horse has bolted already and to change them now, is just another oops moment and yet another nail.

I think it may have been a good idea if it were done from the start. Where people had to do the runs, to earn the rewards, but that horse has bolted already and to change them now, is just another oops moment and yet another nail.
    So far they've made SO many mistakes for this update, and not small ones.
    If I made this many mistakes at my job I certainly wouldn't expect to have that job much longer and I'd expect people to not hire me because of it, and I wouldn't blame them because it would be dangerous (Dog trainer).

At what point do they stop saying things are mistakes as an excuse? Are they really saying it took 6 months to fix obvious mistakes when taking ashable loot out of specific areas in a matter of weeks, but it took 6 months to make things account bound? Come on. Get real, they are covering up for shortsightedness. (not directed at you)
    Last edited by Jillymala; Dec 03 2017 at 12:30 PM.
    Founding Member of the Vocal Minority....

"Well my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle."
    Captain Malcolm Reynolds

On Monday SSg will release a statement that reads like this

Making these bound to account now is resolving a bug because our original design choice was to have them bound to the character that received them but after listening to feedback we decided account bound was the way to go with this item

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Forodir View Post
    Well I think it's to prevent some players from getting rich from just in-game items, so they can no longer sell to- or buy in-game items from others as easily. Instead everyone must buy their own things from the store or from others who bought from the store. It will become more and more difficult to help each other and keep items within purely an in-game economy. This will probably be the way for any other future valuable items as well. More and more things will probably bound, as well as be in lootboxes and in the store. Possibly the store versions of items will still be tradebale (with mithril coins of course), so that people buy those with money if they want to sell for in-game gold and SSG profits as the middle-man from those sales between players too. It's to kill a purely in-game economy and make the store economy more or less the only economy available.
    Last edited by Lord.Funk; Dec 03 2017 at 12:36 PM.
    "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy because you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." /Edward Snowden
    Never The Spy-Tool Windows 10 Who needs DirectX 12 anyway ??? Vulkan is better. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Jillymala View Post
    So far they've made SO many mistakes for this update, and not small ones.
    If I made this many mistakes at my job I certainly wouldn't expect to have that job much longer and I'd expect people to not hire me because of it, and I wouldn't blame them because it would be dangerous (Dog trainer).

At what point do they stop saying things are mistakes as an excuse? Are they really saying it took 6 months to fix obvious mistakes when taking ashable loot out of specific areas in a matter of weeks, but it took 6 months to make things account bound? Come on. Get real, they are covering up for shortsightedness. (not directed at you)
    I'm pretty sure (though not 100%) that they fixed the Eavesdropping quest within a couple of weeks. They actively took the game down, went in, and stopped the fast respawning orcs from dropping ashable gear. I'm not sure how they managed to do that, but not actually realise that ashable gear was dropping on landscape. They knew it was because they went in and removed it. They went in again later and removed it from the Uruk camp. But, as you say, five months has gone by for them to get this done. If they could just stand up and say, "hey, we put it there, we knew it was there, and we left it there, but now we have decided to remove it because some players are accumulating it too quickly, then that would hold some water. But, "oops, that shouldn't have been there, and we didn't intend it to be there" (making out like they had no idea it was there), does not.

I find it hard to understand how the myriad of different posts spread all over various forums about ash farming got overlooked, but a simple thread to say that ash gear was underpriced resulted in an NPC being deactivated within two hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord.Funk View Post
    Well I think it's to prevent some players from getting rich from just in-game items, so they can no longer sell to- or buy in-game items from others as easily. Instead everyone must buy their own things from the store or from others who bought from the store. It will become more and more difficult to help each other and keep items within purely an in-game economy. This will probably be the way for any other future valuable items as well. More and more things will probably bound, as well as be in lootboxes and in the store. Possibly the store versions of items will still be tradebale (with mithril coins of course), so that people buy those with money if they want to sell for in-game gold and SSG profits as the middle-man from those sales between players too. It's to kill a purely in-game economy and make the store economy more or less the only economy available.
    This will never happen. There will always (absolutely always) be one or two very rare and hard to obtain items in the game that are fully tradable. There is a large trade in the selling of store bound keys for gold. They just make sure that the avenue is small and restricted to not too many players, while making the grind massive for them, to keep them selling items, and buying keys with the proceeds. If everyone can make high gold amounts, there will only be buyers for keys, and no sellers

This will never happen. There will always (absolutely always) be one or two very rare and hard to obtain items in the game that are fully tradable. There is a large trade in the selling of store bound keys for gold. They just make sure that the avenue is small and restricted to not too many players, while making the grind massive for them, to keep them selling items, and buying keys with the proceeds. If everyone can make high gold amounts, there will only be buyers for keys, and no sellers
    What rare or hard to obtain items there are that are fully tradable? None at the moment.

What rare or hard to obtain items there are that are fully tradable? None at the moment.
    There will be on the next update though, as you know already.

and even if not, people could still underman content and sell the open raidspots
    There is no raid in lotro that needs 12/24 people. and never was.

Can't trade/sell them to people outside of groups so not sure where you coming from, but as usually miss informed post.

Can't trade/sell them to people outside of groups so not sure where you coming from, but as usually miss informed post.
    From the latest notes. So, not misinformed, just baited and poked - as always. It's getting tiresome that you keep this up with absolutely no restriction. Please quit policing the forums.

"
    • The Incomparable set gear helms, incomparable pocket items, and incomparable necklaces will be craftable items, and will require a fragment of the abyss crafting component from the raid."

Are you suggesting that those fragments will be available outside the raid? I sincerely hope they are not. They should bind to account on acquire, but I'm betting - they won't.

Also from earlier notes - Special items.

Come back in two weeks and see how well your argument fairs. My guess is - that it won't hold any water at all. But you already know this, if indeed you have tested the raid on BR.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast